It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction - Tarot Card Reader

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iamilluminati

I'm the same way I've spent copious amounts of time studying both Western and Eastern esoteric traditions. I think Peter Caroll and the "Chaos" crowd are right in many ways. That being said Chaos magicians, no matter how hard they might try to deny it, follow an ethos which I've never been down for. Over the years Ive been convinced of only one thing in this world and that is that I dont know s&*t. Why follow the ethical and philosophical meanderings of others? Its never made much sense to me even as a child. You must check and verify, check and verify even then you can never be 100% certain that your right.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamilluminati
reply to post by Hoping4Wisdom

. They would rather have a new person who doesn't know any thing about magic than an old hat. I got uncomfortable after they asked me to divulge my magic and dream journal.

Rightfully so I should think... Lots of groups like this use blackmail techniques such as this. I don't get how people could be that naive. All that so you can progress a little and find out some new "secret" that you probably knew, at least on an intuitive level, since childhood.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree with every thing you have to say here. You have to design your own path and follow your own rules. It doesn't do to suffer over things you cannot change or antagonize over things you don't understand. I cannot sufficiently explain why tarot works but I know it works for me. I haven't seen any complaints about my readings yet and every one so far seems pleased. obviously I continue to do "right" for myself.

I have been asked for YEARS to write down my methods and madness and I think this is getting me motivated enough to do so. I am writing down information on "Guardians" and hope to have my first educational thread up some time today.

I like your thoughts and I think I am going to add you as a "friend" on here. You seem intelligent and well versed in your studies and I am impressed you knew about the OTO, IOT, and AA.

Thanks for the good conversation. =)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoping4Wisdom

Originally posted by iamilluminati

. They would rather have a new person who doesn't know any thing about magic than an old hat. I got uncomfortable after they asked me to divulge my magic and dream journal.

Rightfully so I should think... Lots of groups like this use blackmail techniques such as this. I don't get how people could be that naive. All that so you can progress a little and find out some new "secret" that you probably knew, at least on an intuitive level, since childhood.

That is EXACTLY what I thought. They want to know who I have hexed or did voodoo on? No way.. lol

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well, its hard to fathom for me, being that I could be thousands of miles away. Do you do it off a picture of someone you see online? Do you speak to them on the phone and pick up their energy from their voice? I know many call psychic hotlines and such. I'm just curious in how this works. I once went to a woman who did a tarot reading and she was accurate and helpful.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No problem man, any thing for a good conversation. Many people in the esoteric circles (esp. New Agers and Wiccans) irritate the hell out of me. Robert Anton Wilson said it best," I'd hate to disillusion you all but just because you read something you found New Age book store doesn't make it true."

edit on 4-4-2011 by Hoping4Wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

No connection beyond knowing you exist is necessary. I can perform tarot for any person in the world and you would be surprised who have been my clients. lol...

But in all seriousness; any kind of pomp or circumstance is unnecessary to a good tarot reader. When I get to a place I can do the readings this evening I hope I can catch up to you tonight and show you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I feel exactly the same way. I dislike all the "Don't do any thing cuz it'll come back to you" silliness. The animal kingdom is built on the idea that the fittest survives. We are carnivores. We are the top of the food chain. If I spent years developing my psychic powers and you eat cheetahs then it is my right to employ psychic combat against you if you wrong me.

The most beautiful thing is that I can conduct a ritual, summon a goetic demon, and attack someone ruthlessly and never find myself in trouble. Why would I use a weapon or cause "physical" harm when I know I can employ spirits to do my work and be free of any consequences legally.

I KNOW that my techniques have worked because I have seen physical results. I know and if my enemy is ignorant then all the better for me.

So may I ask; are you LHP or RHP or centrist like myself?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just posted my first thread in the spiritual section on guardians. Hope this helps someone.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thank you for the info. I'm not asking for a reading, however.
I'm to the point in my life where I'm happy and content and not looking for input. I do appreciate those that have the gift and use it for good for others, especially so to those that don't charge money and profit from their gift. I've met one lady that used to charge but at some point she decided it wouldn't be "good karma."

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I used to charge. I made enough to pay all my bills and support myself. I had clients from all over the world and at one point I was hired by a person to be their "personal magician". I worked for that person for 6 months before he screwed himself all up and I ended up getting a "normal" job. But I think it's time to get back into magic and I am thinking about starting my own teaching web site.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think RHP/LHP are man made constructs. The come from our apparent (western) need for duality. Good and evil, wrong and right, RHP/LHP all ultimately boil down to nothing more than perspective.

As far as magick goes, if I see a hammer and there is a nail sticking out I'm going to use it. No use disputing whether the hammer is good or evil. Its all situational really.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Hoping4Wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That is an excellent answer. You must have been practicing for a while.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Ya been at it in some form or another since I was a child.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Internet high five for you. I have about the same situation going.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Praise Bob!! High FIVE!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
And may I add one more thing...I dont think we should discredit someone for their gifts or judge them for what they beleive is absolute truth. It hurts for people to look at me and know what I believe and then start mocking me in a friendly way. What I do except is that you were created the same way I was by something or someone. You have emotions and beliefs and I will recpect you for what you are...will you please give me the same? I noticed a nice jesture that you have done...you have offered it for free. I have starred and flagged

edit on 4-4-2011 by youknowyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by youknowyouknow

Mutual respect is all that matters. You have to have it or you can't survive in this world. I appreciate the star and flag and I will don't plan on charging for tarot any time soon. I do plan to set up a website or occult group some day but that will probably be in the future.

Thanks again and good luck with all your journeys.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Are you still doing readings? Interested in what your cards see...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by youknowyouknow

Yes I am. But I cannot do readings during the day due to my job. I have to do it as it fits my schedule. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join