It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning UP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Today on CNN (see the link below) the U.S Government, President Barrack Obama, and the U.N. publicly condemned the person that burned the Quran, citing it is an act of bigotry and extreme intolerance.

www.cnn.com...

Does anyone out there think that this should also apply to when people burn the American Flag both here and in other countries. When so many of those countries want the United States to help them out and have no problem burning our flag?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fatherj

But why should we add to the ignorance? do 2 wrongs make it right?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How could you even compare the two? This reminds me of the all the facebook messages and so on where people were saying Japan deserved the disaster and saying it was retribution for Pearl Harbour.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Let me clarify my position. I am taking the position, that our Government will condemn the burning of the Quran but will not have the same attitude when someone burns our flag. I personally think burning anything is a uneducated and horrible response at all times. I am curious to see other people's opinion on this topic. Thanks for replying.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I apologize that I haven't been on facebook recently, but if people are posting messages about japan like what you are saying, that is extremely distasteful and sad. I am a very patriotic guy and it upsets me when people burn our flag.
edit on 3-4-2011 by fatherj because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This reminds me of the all the facebook messages and so on where people were saying Japan deserved the disaster and saying it was retribution for Pearl Harbour.

Retribution for Pearl Harbour?! You would think Nagasaki and Hiroshima were retribution for Pearl Harbour. It's moments like these that make me glad I am not a part of Facebook.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fatherj

I understand where you are coming from, and I do think it is an ignorant act, but think about it rationally.

I realize a flag can carry great symbolism, but in reality it is just a piece of cloth. Burning it is a symbolic act, but again, it is just a piece of cloth. Better to burn cloth than a person. Don't get too upset about it. Nothing you can do about it anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Even while watching the NHK live news stream in the chat box next to it people were writing the same sort of garbage. For the most part they are trolls but sadly i think some believe what they write to be true and they forgot about the events that unfolded at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, if that is the case they must be so mentally challenged the fact they are even able to use a computer and then post such comments is a miracle in itself

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

This reminds me of the all the facebook messages and so on where people were saying Japan deserved the disaster and saying it was retribution for Pearl Harbour.

Retribution for Pearl Harbour?! You would think Nagasaki and Hiroshima were retribution for Pearl Harbour. It's moments like these that make me glad I am not a part of Facebook.

Most people on Facebook don't know about the end of WW2, in fact most people on Facebook don't have a clue about whats happening around them or what the current news and weather report is. On some of the posts on Facebook, I have my doubts about whether the poster could read or write, all I saw were pictures. America's been dumbed down and its getting worse!

As for the Quran, I remember seeing muslims burning the Christian bible on several news reports. Tonight, I saw General Petraus condemning the burning, also. I believe his motive is the safety of our troops in the middle east.
We really need to either get all of our troops out of the middle east, or quit playing with them and and make a six inch thick glass parking lot out of those countries. They will come back to bite us later if we don't.

top topics

join