It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of the Valenov Plate? (Russian artifact supposed evidence of Alien technology)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I got linked to this website via a different post on ATS, and on the website it mentioned the Valenov Plate .

Russian Plate A Russian archaeologist discovered an ancient plate in the mountains of Nepal. It is known as the Valenov Plate. The plate has been dated at about a thousand years old. The material the plate is made from is a combination of metal and ceramic, a process that even today is not possible. The plate very clearly shows a flying saucer and alien being.

Did an ATS search and web search but found nothing about it? Maybe it is named wrong on the site. Wondered if any of you had heard of it?

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I can't wait to find a plate that says "Aliens are real", I guess this is proof enough though.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

You and me both
If this plate exists then you'd think there might be a little more info on it than this

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

hi, i found this for you, it could be something to do with it? Very interesting thread

...An aluminum plate found during building work in Vladivostok has got scientists baffled – and could be evidence of aliens visiting Russia’s Pacific coast.

link:
up:

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

Thanks! Now have a lot more to go off, this does seem likely that it is what the website may have been referring to gonna do some searching now.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
I got linked to this website via a different post on ATS, and on the website it mentioned the Valenov Plate .

Russian Plate A Russian archaeologist discovered an ancient plate in the mountains of Nepal. It is known as the Valenov Plate. The plate has been dated at about a thousand years old. The material the plate is made from is a combination of metal and ceramic, a process that even today is not possible. The plate very clearly shows a flying saucer and alien being.

Did an ATS search and web search but found nothing about it? Maybe it is named wrong on the site. Wondered if any of you had heard of it?

I believe it is actually called the "Lolladoff plate" which is usually grouped with the so called "dropa stones"

More Info

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hmm maybe your referring to this..

link

funbox

edit on 3-4-2011 by funbox because: screwy link

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hmm so It would seem the Valenov plate could be a mix of these two stories ;

An aluminum plate found during building work in Vladivostok has got scientists baffled – and could be evidence of aliens visiting Russia’s Pacific coast.

Humans have been using aluminum for about a century, but the plate unearthed by Valery Dvuzhilny is 2,000 years old, he claims. The artefact surfaced during preparatory work to build a new bridge in the far eastern city for the 2012 APEC summit.

and the lolladoff which sounds slightly like "valenov" at a stretch but its very old and from Nepal.

This plate called 'The Lolladoff plate' is a 12,000 year old stone dish found in Nepal. It clearly shows a disk shaped UFO (top of pic, hard to see from the angle of the plate however). There is also a figure on the disc looking remarkably similar to a Grey alien. Notice the spiral galaxy shape as well, with the alien inside it and the ufo at the beginning of it.

So it could a contamination of facts maybe?

Taking the the area and date from one story and the imagery from another?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

An aluminum plate found during building work in Vladivostok has got scientists baffled – and could be evidence of aliens visiting Russia’s Pacific coast.

Humans have been using aluminum for about a century, but the plate unearthed by Valery Dvuzhilny is 2,000 years old, he claims. The artefact surfaced during preparatory work to build a new bridge in the far eastern city for the 2012 APEC summit.

This would be inaccurate. Aluminum does not typically occur in its pure form but it does happen. In the 1800s Napoleon and his more elite guests used aluminum silver ware and the lesser people used gold. It would not be impossible for the metal to have been found and fashioned in to a plate in an earlier time.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Never heard of that plate but it reminded me of the plates that were found in a crop circle in Grasdorf,Germany

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Here's the information on the Grasdorf Plates

The Grasdorf Plates are three plates which were found in a cropcircle in Grasdorf, Germany; The plates were made out of bronze, silver and gold respectively, the bronze and silver plates are now in the hands of an industrialist. They were shown at his internationally UFO conference, "Dialogue with the Universe", in Dusseldorf, Germany in October, 1992 and used again when he filmed a piece on the Grasdorf case for the US-TV programme, "Encounters" in April, 1994. In addition, the Tugingen lawyer, Dr Roemer-Blum, arranged a scientific evaluation at the German Federal Institute for Material Research (Bundesanstalt fur Materialpufung) in Berlin.

"Plate one (silver color) consisted mainly of quite pure silver (what an understatement!), with an additional ingredient accounting for less than 0.1%. The weight of the plate was 4.98kg (11lbs). Plate two (bronze color) consisted of a copper-tin alloy (of which the tin content amounted to 10%-15%), nickel and traces of iron amounting to less than 0.1%

This meant that the silver plate consisted of 99.9% pure silver, purer than sterling-silver. Furthermore, a spectrographic analysis of both plates proved that they had not been made from a cast but from some kind of conglomerate of silver nuggets and natural copper and tin pieces of the type found in Germany’s Harz forest, not far from Grasdorf. They had been produced, either by heating up to a degree that partially melted the metals - or in a low-gravity environment. We are left with the question of what hoaxer would go to such expensive lengths, in terms of cost and effort, simply to pull the wool over the eyes of the press and a few crop circle enthusiasts?" It is further mentioned of the gold plate, of the finest quality that had been seen by the examiner. The industrialist received about 25,000 Euros for the bronze and silver plate and the gold was worth at least 75,000 Euros

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Sounds like someone with money and a interest in crop circles had some fun

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is so interesting, I have read a lot about some of these, but the one you brought up was new to me. I also found some great websites from this thread. I will be reading for a while with all of this, Thanks to you and the members posts. F&S

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Very specific example. Thanks for that.

Maybe all the paintings and texts from the past weren't myths at all but factual history as our ancestors recorded it... UFOs that they actually saw etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is getting confusing , there are plates coming from everywhre yet none of them that specific one. I will email the site owner if possible for a source. Thanks for everyones in put have read all the info you have given me and it is just getting more interesting as it goes on.

Some of these plates are absolutely stunning.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

What was the date of the germany find? They are some interesting plates. I wonder if all of these plates do have extra terrestrial sources what use they serve being left on earth?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

I think you may have solved it a long time a go. I mistakenly thought the artifact was found in Russia but it states Nepal the same as the lolladoff . Also the guy linked to lolladoff is polish. So it seems there could be a mix up with the story somewhere .

Edit:
Lolladoff is fictional!

PLEASE READ
badarchaeology.wordpress.com... -nonsense-the-lolladoff-plate/

edit on 4-4-2011 by eyesdown because: Add details

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The plate has been dated at about a thousand years old. The material the plate is made from is a combination of metal and ceramic, a process that even today is not possible.

Okay, just a quick "mini-lesson", because I am a ceramic artist and do work with the material and have studied it's chemistry (by dad is a PhD chemist, and was able to teach me some of the basics), and this statement doesn't really make sense to me, since metals and metallic elements are used all the time in ceramic and are also part of the chemical makeup of clay and ceramic. The term "ceramic" refers to:

an inorganic, nonmetallic solid that is prepared from powdered materials, is fabricated into products through the application of heat, and displays such characteristic properties as hardness, strength, low electrical conductivity, and brittleness
Source

The term "inorganic, nonmetallic" generally refers to the properties associated with it, rather than it's actual chemical makeup. Metallic substances, are used all the time in ceramics and are ingredients in both clay and glazes, as well as the final vitrified (hardened) form (ceramic). Organic materials are also found in raw clay, and when heated burn off leaving behind trace elements including metallic elements (ash glazes, etc.) From the same definition:

Ceramics are typically crystalline in nature and are compounds formed between metallic and nonmetallic elements such as aluminum and oxygen (alumina-Al2O3), calcium and oxygen (calcia - CaO), and silicon and nitrogen (silicon nitride-Si3N4)

In it's most basic form, clay is a combination of Alumina (Al2O3) and Silica (SiO2)...on the periodic table, Si is considered a "metalloid" whereas Al is a "metal". The vast majority of materials used in ceramics are called "oxides" (and metal oxides) because the elements share a bond with one or more oxygen atoms, when fired, the bonds are 'rearranged' and then reformed through the sharing of oxygen atoms forming a crystalline structure. Metallic oxides, such as iron oxide (FeO, Fe2O3), chrome oxide (Cr2O3), copper oxide (Cu2O), etc. are responsible for the majority of the colorants (blues, yellows, reds, greens, etc) going into ceramic ware and glazes, including most clay types, with the exception of purer clays like porcelains/kaolin, for example, the vast majority of mined clay contains traces of iron, which is responsible for the wide variety of reddish-brown colors (and again, referring to the periodic table, these elements Fe, Cr, Cu, among other such as Manganese, Titanium, Lithium, Gold, Cobalt, Lead, Zinc, Cadmium, Ilmenite, Silver, Platinum, and so forth are all located in one of the "Metals", "Transition Metals", "Alkali Metals" or "Alkaline Earth Metals" section of the periodic table (Source).

I wont get too much more into it than that, but I think you get the idea. It's hard to understand what the quote you posted actually meant by saying that the "combination" of metal and ceramic is a "process that is not even possible today"...but whether they are talking about the chemical makeup of ceramic or a "fusion" of metal to ceramic, which, yes, can be done (see here for an example)...I don't think this statement is either true or accurate. Again, just my educated opinion.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

Thanks for your mini lesson
I don't really know a lot of ceramics but that was an interesting read (if not a little confusing) the more I look into it the more it seems there may be no valenov plate, the quote I posted seems to hold no grounding at all, and as you have pointed out even if there were this so called plate, its make-up is hardly other worldly.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon

I believe it is actually called the "Lolladoff plate" which is usually grouped with the so called "dropa stones"

More Info

That's a forgery, paid for by VonDaniken:

...he produced photographs of pottery that he claimed had been found in an archaeological dig. The pottery depicts flying saucers and was said to have been dated from Biblical times. However, investigators from Nova (the fine public-television science program) found the potter who had made the allegedly ancient pots. They confronted von Däniken with evidence of his fraud. His reply was that his deception was justified because some people would only believe if they saw proof ("The Case of the Ancient Astronauts," first aired 3/8/78, done in conjunction with BBC's Horizon and Peter Spry-Leverton)!

Source: Skeptic's Dictionary (one of hundreds of references about this plate)

Harte

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join