It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a "targeted individual" or a paranoid schizophrenic?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
Easy answer. Smartphone. Another possibility is carrier waves acting as if a virtual repeater.

Why not elaborate for those of us who aren't knowledgeable about telecommunication?

Do you think smartphones have all the antennas that would be necessary for receiving brain signals of different frequencies? Don't low frequency signals require huge antennae?

Do you think the supposed TI's have smartphones, or had them ten years ago?

What do you mean by your last sentence?

No. Over 100 billion people have come and gone from this earth. At least a few are bound to have these experiences by chance.

Then again, I didn't say anything about "a few". I said it's common. I'm pretty sure thousands of people have had such experiences just in the past hundred years. There's an overwhelming amount of material on these things, from clairvoyance and precognition to general things like that Philip K. Dick stuff in the quotation on my blog.

According to my calculations, of 100 billion people, the probability that three or more people have synchronicities as unlikely as my pseudo divination results is 8%. So I wouldn't say "a few" will have them. I'd say two might have them, but more likely only one would.

If I conceded your idea that the subconscious can perceive and analyse a chunk of text in a micro second through a natural process, and assumed quite liberally and for the sake of convenience that that chunk of text would be two pages, i.e. what is in your field of vision when a book is open, then the estimated probability for my pseudo divination successes would be one in four hundred and fifty million. I'd still be much more likely to win the jackpot by playing only one line.

Mind, in that calculation I changed the number of responses in a book from five to two. I did that because I think that would reflect reality a bit better. I'd say in about half of my pseudo divination attempts there has been a significant possibility that the chosen book would contain zero apt responses. I've chosen the books seemingly at random too in most cases, and the responses have sometimes contained extra material that has been creepily relevant to my situation, so of course my present calculation underestimates the unlikeliness of such successes.

I think I'll keep the details to myself, as they're a bit personal, and you can find tons of other stories from people who have already published them, even under their own names, so there'd be that added level of trust.

You realize that many of his "prophesies" didn't pan out, right?

And that's relevant to what I've been writing, how exactly?
edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: clarified a bit

edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: clarified

edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: yet more clarification

edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: a thought occurred to me, so added it, just a small addition

edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: final revision

edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: final ultimate revision no further updates mega edition

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManInWonderland

According to my calculations, of 100 billion people, the probability that three or more people have synchronicities as unlikely as I have had is 8%. So I wouldn't say "a few" will have them. I'd say two might have them, but more likely only one would.

If I conceded your criticism regarding the ability of the subconscious to perceive and analyse a chunk of text in a micro second, and assumed quite liberally that that chunk of text would be two pages, i.e. what is in your field of vision when a book is open, then the estimated probability for my pseudo divination successes would be one in four hundred and fifty million. I'd still be much more likely to win the jackpot by playing only one line.

Seriously, how are you coming by these calculations? They seem to have no ground in reality whatsoever. You're just choosing to multiply big numbers to come up with outrageously large numbers. I'm not following you in the least. You're choosing the context to fit a preconceived notion.

To what extent does the answer match the question? Do you write out the question to make sure you don't accidentally fib on the question after hand to somewhat match the answer? What is your qualification for "apt"? Con-artists do this kind of stuff for a living. I knew a guy who read tarrot cards. All that happens is you get impressions. The cards are rather meaningless. What matters is your subconscious is churning, and you're choosing to focus on the individual, and the imagery that that forms once you flip the cards. It's all just a bunch of hooey. That guy ended up being a pedophile who tricked most of the teenagers he hung around into believing he was magical, then would grab ass and tits because he was some sort of divine father figure for them.

You realize that many of his "prophesies" didn't pan out, right?

And that's relevant to what I've been writing, how exactly?

You can't expect people to take you seriously after a statement like that. Are you aware of this? Did you choose not to bring this into your report? If so, please know you're being intellectually dishonest. You would have choose to shape the context to support your assertion that this guy was magic when really he had a lot of misses, and a few hits. He was simply intuitive, using inferences, and got lucky some times.

How can we even trust this guys word? He was a meth head that was nearing the end of his life. How can we trust that he had this experience at all? He was seeing evil gods in the clouds for weeks at a time years prior during a psychotic break. The guy was nuts. That's how it's relevant.
edit on 22-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

We seem to maybe be having a slight disagreement here and there. You're so polite and roundabout about it I can't say for sure, but I think you might mean that clairvoyance, synchronicities, precognitions, and such things might not necessarily be evidence of psychic powers or the supernatural. I'd have to read between the lines again, but that seems to be what you're subtly implying perhaps. Why don't you make your position known a bit more forcefully so I don't have to keep guessing?

Seriously though, why don't you respond to my questions about antennas and carrier waves? Seems to me like you're skipping anything that might give others the impression you're not such a brilliant and careful thinker as you advertise yourself as.

I'd rather this not have descended into ad hominem, but your "argumentation" pretty much boils down to "I'm awesome and you're ridiculously incompetent and also intellectually dishonest." That feeling might be somewhat mutual, in that you don't seem to be able to think about these things dispassionately and objectively, inasmuch as your ignorance and dismissiveness count as "thought".

How do I count the probabilities? There's a formula you use for calculating binomial probabilities when you know the probability of the successful outcome of a single attempt, the number of attempts, and the number of successes. You'd think a person would've familiarised himself with that sort of thing before pontificating on this issue.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: clarification

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You can't expect people to take you seriously after a statement like that. Are you aware of this? Did you choose not to bring this into your report? If so, please know you're being intellectually dishonest. You would have choose to shape the context to support your assertion that this guy was magic when really he had a lot of misses, and a few hits. He was simply intuitive, using inferences, and got lucky some times.

How can we even trust this guys word? He was a meth head that was nearing the end of his life. How can we trust that he had this experience at all? He was seeing evil gods in the clouds for weeks at a time years prior during a psychotic break. The guy was nuts. That's how it's relevant.

What are you even talking about? That guy DID NOT KNOW those people before he wrote about them. How on earth did he use "intuition" and "inference" to guess the age, lifestyle, and name of a person he had never met? Of course, this is the point where you say he hallucinated those friends of his. I guess his other friends hallucinated them too. Everybody who experiences unbelievable events and records them lives in a pocket universe of hallucinations with everybody he knows. I think that's the point you're trying to get across. Brilliant argument.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sometimes its better to have someone to blame when reality takes a %&^* on you.

Its a hard thing to realize your mind is a machine and all of your emotions are just chemicals and electrical signals. Its even worse when that machine is malfunctioning and your on a roller coaster you cant controll.

I think that a majority of these delusions are protecting people from a reality they might not want to live in.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Sometimes its better to have someone to blame when reality takes a %&^* on you.

Its a hard thing to realize your mind is a machine and all of your emotions are just chemicals and electrical signals. Its even worse when that machine is malfunctioning and your on a roller coaster you cant controll.

I think that a majority of these delusions are protecting people from a reality they might not want to live in.
I

I think if you have that kind of control, that might be the answer, itself, and a predicated reality, for what purpose, isnt that what we should really be exploring...whywould anyone do that to us,w hat is the goal?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What are you even talking about? That guy DID NOT KNOW those people before he wrote about them. How on earth did he use "intuition" and "inference" to guess the age, lifestyle, and name of a person he had never met? Of course, this is the point where you say he hallucinated those friends of his. I guess his other friends hallucinated them too. Everybody who experiences unbelievable events and records them lives in a pocket universe of hallucinations with everybody he knows. I think that's the point you're trying to get across. Brilliant argument.

Quit putting words in my mouth. I never said everyone is hallucinating them. There's other rational explanations. You might want to check out his life story though. It's pretty interesting!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by nomnom

We seem to maybe be having a slight disagreement here and there. You're so polite and roundabout about it I can't say for sure, but I think you might mean that clairvoyance, synchronicities, precognitions, and such things might not necessarily be evidence of psychic powers or the supernatural. I'd have to read between the lines again, but that seems to be what you're subtly implying perhaps. Why don't you make your position known a bit more forcefully so I don't have to keep guessing?

Yes. I'm saying there is likely rational explanations for all of these phenomena.

Seriously though, why don't you respond to my questions about antennas and carrier waves? Seems to me like you're skipping anything that might give others the impression you're not such a brilliant and careful thinker as you advertise yourself as.

Why you keep making all these assumptions! I have things to do during the day. Choose to give a quick reply of what I could do easily.

Carrier Wave

A carrier wave transmits information through space.

I'd rather this not have descended into ad hominem, but your "argumentation" pretty much boils down to "I'm awesome and you're ridiculously incompetent and also intellectually dishonest." That feeling might be somewhat mutual, in that you don't seem to be able to think about these things dispassionately and objectively, inasmuch as your ignorance and dismissiveness count as "thought".

Sure you're free to think whatever you like. I entertained these notions for years, but eventually saw though them. Just trying to help out others who may stumble on this thread so they hopefully don't get caught up in what you're saying and end up having a psychotic break.

How do I count the probabilities? There's a formula you use for calculating binomial probabilities when you know the probability of the successful outcome of a single attempt, the number of attempts, and the number of successes. You'd think a person would've familiarised himself with that sort of thing before pontificating on this issue.

I'm trying to point out that your points of reference are bogus. Already caught ya in one. Here's another. You must consider, if we say the subconscious processes the whole page at once, how many pages there are vs how many answers are in a book. Have you ever read this book before? Remember, the subconscious doesn't forget. Your "random" flipping to a page, just wouldn't be. Your "random" pointing at a passage, or glancing at one, wouldn't be. You simply can't be entirely "objective" about this. You need to think it through and not try to put a number on it... just cause.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

4. Overactive Imagination

That would explain at least 90% of it... As for the rest, just use your imagination.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm familiar with the sceptics' arguments. Do you have to pretend you're the only person who's ever thought about this issue for more than five minutes? Some people might think you're a bit sheltered, as you seem to think such ideas constitute a real revelation. Wow, it might not be magic. Incredible. Never thought of it.

I think I'm aware of your position, thanks. Do you have no concept of irony?

I'm pretty sure most targerted individuals wouldn't worry about a "psychotic breakdown" upon coming across a way of explaining their experiences that isn't incredibly paranoid. A way not so far from what has been common knowledge for aeons across cultures: that the supernatural exists.

Re carrier waves, yes I have access to Wikipedia and even Google. Why don't you explain what you mean instead? It can't take more time than you've wasted by writing things everyone could've done without.

As for my calculations, I don't care to repeat myself or try to prove my competence. You're free to perform your own calculations if you think you can do better. I have to wonder about a person who hasn't, yet pretends to know about these things better than those who have.
edit on 22-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInWonderland

Got it. More assumptions. That seems to be all your good at, so end of discussion with you.

Take care!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Your very first message to me started with the assumption I'm making assumptions and it's all I've got. You're a mind reader, I got it. You know what I've experienced and everything I've ever thought and read on this subject. You keep telling me you were like me but then you thought about this stuff and changed your mind. Gee, I figure you must know me better than my closest friends.

Who is the one making assumptions? First take the beam from thine own eye, fool.

Funny how at first you said you didn't follow my arguments. Now you know everything about them, having supposedly "entertained" them in the past. Which is it? Do you even yourself know what you mean half of the time?

You've referred to how I'm only making "assumptions" a dozen times now, so I guess you mean that. What I don't get is, why the heck would you keep repeating that accusation over and over again? Are you so new to writing to humans you can't stick to making your damn points, if you have any, and keep pointless kneejerk accusations to a minimum? Is this your first message board, maybe? The only interesting claim you have made on this thread concerns carrier waves. But that's probably because I don't know much about them so can't immediately see you're not making any sense. If you were actually on to something with that one, it would be an exception to the rule, I'm afraid.

Your subconscious "might" be able to wake you up at certain times? You must be kidding. If that's something you're still struggling with, it could be you aren't quite as experienced with this stuff as some other people. From any era mind you. You may be able to heat food without making a fire thanks to circumstances, but that doesn't necessarily mean you are better prepared to figure out the nature of reality or such things requiring actual experience and deep contemplative thought. It rather seems like you don't have any experiences worth mentioning that might give you some clues about these things. Looked at in this way, one could say you are at a great disadvantage compared with millions of people from all ages and cultures (like me).

It's probably a good idea for you to stop participating until you can demonstrate you have something to actually contribute to this discussion. Such as actual experience, and such pesky little details. I for one am sick and tired of people who market their inexperience as intelligence and assume everyone else must be as ignorant as they are. No, sorry, it's just you who is ignorant. Stop projecting, thanks.
edit on 23-2-2013 by ManInWonderland because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Eh.. most people have someone they could point it out to. In another thread on the subject I read something really disturbing. A person in the thread believed in this whole theory/phenomena and believed they were a victim. They believed that their wife was a plant and gangstalked them and was part of this huge conspiracy against them. They believed that every time she burned their coffee or caused a fight or had any problem, it was planned and she laughed about it with secret knowledge and secret people. They married her so they could "get them back" and made her life harder because of. Imagine how sad it would be if someone you loved believed that about you and never trusted you and honestly believed you were part of a conspiracy against them no matter what you did.

It's really sad honestly, and I hope all the people that think this way get help because everyone should have someone they trust.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
thanks for you post...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am a targeted individual and it is real. It is the western intelligence agencies who are behind it and is the biggest threat facing humanity.

Please read other targeted individuals testermonies and please please please help us raise awareness

www.whatdotheyknow.com...

targetedindividualscanada.com...

www.lambros.name...

www.stopeg.com

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have a question concerned to the targeted individuals, since I am one of them and nowhere to be a schizophrenic - which means, as a matter of fact, "broken spirit".
So, I think the whole thing goes much more metaphysical than physical, even though, no doubt the real thing happens right in our face (street theater and gang stalking, for example).
My question: why do these "perps" get into our home and make sure we notice it?
Is it to provoke us, to make us a little "crazy" like playing a mind games or to scare us?
Thank you!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Its hard to post here especially when you believe yourself to be 1 of these so called victims but, since I left 1 city to relax and try to calm down and eventually visit 2 others only to continuously be followed, listened to and harassed I have to believe this to be true.
The only time I had any peace was when I was in the country, no loud noises no cars wasnt infront of the computer like I normally am for the most part but maybe it has to do with this thing called paranoia or depression. Maybe it could have to do with there being less electric currents, magnetic fields or antenna's in the area and forgive my wording I am just trying to find a general term for that sort of thing.
I always was aware of my surroundings all my life, and have also always been on these sort of sites, tryin to spread awareness on and off, but when it finally reached a peak and I had to leave my current residence to take a bus I noticed I was followed by the same certain people. I want to give details but it would just sound too far fetched, lets just say that I feel id need a brain scan for an implant.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus23

I know I'm being stalked and have a screenshot of someone in the city I worked in use a picture of me in a slander campaign. Voices I started hearing were as loud as airplanes and on many occations came close to physicly killing me using pressure and energy. People with schiz are actually t.I. being brainwashed by lying psych quacks

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Slurpy on page 3 single handedly has the craziest and realist reply ive seen, some of the things hes said may have sounded crazy a month or two ago but ill tel you what if you are targeted you are more likely to believe in what he says, stay positive.
To those who are not being targeted I am not saying hes right but the way he is going about it I believe is the right way to go, keep a good mind and heart, I already notice a difference.

edit: also do not let them use yourself against you, be proud of who you are and what youve done good or bad you learn an grow from it.
edit on 17-9-2014 by bdizzi90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Slurp made sense until God showed up.

EDIT TO ADD:

What we're dealing with here is the fundamental force in charge of the whole shebang.

I will explain tomorrow. I'm too damn tired right now.
edit on 9/17/2014 by Spruce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join