It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a Phobia? Share it!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sleep.
From an early age I was terrified of sleeping because I had sleep paraylisis back then.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure if my phobia is an actual phobia or just common sense kicking in. I am afraid of heights, but only if I don't have some sort of safety harness. By "heights" I mean anything above 25 ft. I can climb ladders, get on the roof of a 2 story house, etc, with no problem. But, any higher and I won't go without a safety device or it has to be an emergency, like getting to someone injured. That's it. No fear of bugs, snakes, bowling alleys or anything else.

PS - Probably should be afraid of beautiful, red headed, green eyed women with an Irish accent. They can talk me into anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I have a phobia, it is a bit silly really, but very real to me.

I am scared of choking. Choking on small things, like a life saver, or a peppermint, or a nut, big raisin, ect.

I was not always like this.

I solo sail, sometimes a lot, and for days on end. I am scared if I choke on the boat, away from help, I will be screwed. So I am very deliberate about my eating habits when I am alone, even on the hard.

Told you, silly.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Spiders and frickin clowns.

That's why Stephen Kings It weirded me out so much, he put the two together. Rat bastard.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I seriously think you could rob a bank with nothing more than a handful of flying roaches, lol ! Those things are by far the most fearsome creatures roaming this planet and they need to be eliminated. I refuse to move back to the gulf coast because I know they're waiting for me, LOL!

***disclaimer*** I do not condone bank robberies.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixneuproele
You wanna see some crazy afflicted dancing? All you have to do is catch me when a bee or wasp is near. I don't care what kind, even the ones that don't sting.

Yes. This is me.... My phobias include spiders, bee's, wasps, heights...and roosters....

When i was little, my mom kept roosters and she made me go out and feed them. Every time I did, the buggers would "fly" at me and extend their talons and maul the back of my legs and ankles.... I was so happy when I had chicken soup one day and noticed a few less roosters in the pen.

Yet, still to this day, I hate roosters...Oh, and I'm allergic to bee's and wasps...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Mine is roller coasters, I won't get on one unless I am forced, then I keep my eyes clamped shut and have a death grip on the rail, even watching videos of a roller coaster from the first person makes me uneasy, forget about when I take my son to a place like Busch Gardens

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am terrified of worms...those big ugly red fishing worms that like to lay on my sidewalk at night. My dad called them night crawlers...I do not know what the techinical terms is...here is a pic for my foreign friends..
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Clowns and people in animal suits (can`t call it a phobia,there is something wrong with someone dressing up like that to get close to kids,but if I see one I`ll change sides of the street)

Heights (never used to botter me,I hate flying and now I`ve noticed my knees shake coming down the ladder from my roof,whats up with that?)

Little people (midgets always seem angry and have seen a couple of male midgets go balistic thumping into people and I`m worried it may happen to me one day and you just can`t hit a little person back)

Dentists (bad experience when I was little,plus they ask you questions with their hand in your mouth)

Crowds (as in packed festivals etc or shopping centres in the Christmas rush,can`t stay too long)

Hair (the older I get it seems the hairer I get,let alone someone elses on me)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This really freaks me out!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Industrial smelter.

Like in the end of Terminator II.
Man, I hate that stuff...

oh, and one more thing;
like, huge, rusty iron structures in the water, like a humongous bouy or something...
...and I have to swim real close to it. The water, all dirty and oily and probably toxic. YUK!
I would choke man!
edit on 28-4-2013 by Raud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Interesting thread,

I'd say my worst problem, not really a fear as such, but bug's me to no end,
is a telephone. I hate, HATE the idea of having to use one.

To give you a idea, the last time i talked on a phone was to my mom and that was
around 5 months ago. It took me over a month to build up to where i could call her.
(i tried on mothers day, but she was not home.. and sadly i was not disappointed.)

Any other time i refuse to talk on a phone, just wont to it. I have flat out hung up on people
when i am handed the phone. I'll drive 1000 miles and talk to someone in person,
no problems, but the idea of talking into a plastic box just drives me nuts.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have a condition that has been diagnosed as Spheksophobia.

In layman's terms it is the Fear Of Wasps.

I have Never been stung in my life or had any traumatizing events occur. I even underwent post hypnotic regression to find out the cause and there was nothing there.

I am not afraid of bees or any other stinging insects. Just Wasps.

I spent several years going through therapy and treatment to no avail.

One treatment that I tried was to take a Live wasp and put it in a jar (My brother did that for me). Then with the lid screwed on tight, put it on the night stand next to my bed. It took weeks before I could even get a Decent nights sleep. By then it was dead but that did not matter. Then when I could sleep, after a period of weeks, I would give the lid a little turn each night until the lid was completely unscrewed which took a couple of more weeks. Then after the lid was unscrewed I would tilt the lid a little bit each night until finally the lid was off of the jar.

According the the therapist, this was supposed to work. But, for some reason did not. I still have a Very Serious Fear.

When I see a wasp, I suffer from Instantaneous Anxiety Disorder, I stop Breathing, my Heartbeat Triples, I flail about uncontrollably like a fish out of water, and just plain Panic.

I have ejected myself from Moving vehicles, jumped out of windows, fallen off of ladders, have run into trees and walls, and a whole host of other terrible things. Unfortunately I have done all of those things without even knowing I am doing it.

It sure is funny when it happens as I have been told but I become Very Dangerous to myself as well as others.

One time I did have a guy tell me that a wasp can't sting you if you hold your breath. I told him that is a serious ine f B.S. . Then He caught a wasp holding it by its wings and stuck its tail to the soft inside part of his arm. The wasps tail was mashing into his arm frantically trying to sting but he was not stung. Later in life I learned that this was an old wives tales but I can not discount watch it happen and him not get stung.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In the mid 60's my wife and family (2) kids, we were living in Valparaiso Fla. We had plenty of Palmeto bugs, (giant cockroachs) but what I found to my surprise was an awful lot of spiders around the eaves of the house. I worked as a dental lab technician and had access to a technique to take these spiders and turn them from the scary buggers they were, into an exact replica of them, down to the hair on their legs, into a silver spider. Google the lost wax technique to see how it was done. I made many, many silver pins for Gordon's Jewelers in Ft. Walton beach.

It wasn't until much later where I learned that all the spiders I used were the brown recluse variety. Not much was known about them then or I sure wouldn't have been so lackadasical about handling them the way I did.

Now that I am in Arkansas, I found a new participant for my silver castings. Scorpions! No one seems to be afraid of them except my wife. I have to be quick or she will render them to mush and who wants silver mush? If I can figure out how to put a picture on this thing I will include some of my accomplishments. One I made, for my wife, is a scorpion about 1 1/2 inches long, with his claws holding a free stone diamond. If I can I will get this one on you will no longer fear scorpions. BTW I have no phobias that I am aware of. Wait! Congress scares the hell out of me!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Spiders. Hate them. I can stand the tiny ones (as long as they're not actually touching me haha) but anything bigger than 1/4 inch? No chance. On the other hand, one of my neighbours is the opposite - anything small enough to climb in to his face/head while he sleep should die immediately as far as he's concerned. It's not surprising that we have a pact really, I get the small ones if he get the big ones!

Having said that, I would love to take a look at the "pieces of art" (I'm using that term VERY loosely) that you have made bentheredunthat

Oh yeah, I once had a girlfriend that was petrified of shower curtains.... no, seriously, shower curtains.

Never could get my head around that one....

Kaidan

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Mine is most definately heights,(i don't even like down escalators, dumb huh? i know.)But the biggest bugaboo of mine is heights. It bothers me to even see them on tv or movies even though i know that's not real.

P. S. spiders don't bother us much,( but i absolutely hate cockroaches any variety,that's another story we had trouble with due to a previous next door neighbor)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As much as I love rockets (hobby ones, not like space agency ones, though I love them too), the sound of them scares the poopeh out of me, but they're still worth the launch and watch to me. Another thing that I absolutely hate is the sound of a truck passing by, oncoming, with your windows down while driving. That is a very similar sound to a rocket tearing through the air. It comes to suddenly, and is very loud. The huge livestock trucks here in Australia are the worst for it!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Saranwrap....it's a mild phobia that a piece might find it's way into and then get lodged in my throat and i'll suffocate.

Mind reading....I don't like it when people look deep into my eyes for long periods of time. I have a fear stemming from nightmares I had as a child of mind control being used and/or my thoughts being read against my wishes.

I don't like anyone at anytime for any reason touching my neck i'm afraid of being choked to death. This is actually my worst fear it coincides with my fear of death and dying period but I believe this to be the worst way to die. Maybe it happened in a past life who knows.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kai22

Seems like in reading the replies, alot of people fear spiders. At least your not alone.

For your ex: girlfriend, maybe as a small child she had seen the movie Psycho. That would do it. I think.
edit on 21-7-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My usual phobias are agoraphobia and arachnophobia! Sometimes, I fear of having nightmares. I couldn't get a healthy sleep. I think this is not normal. Do you have any solution for this matter?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join