It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Christianity is the central religion of all of our history. The entire world has revolved around it. The reformation fueled the expansion of the printing press. The reformation drove 70 million Europeans to flee for freedom in a new land. The Bible was responsible for bringing us out of the dark ages into an age of reason and enlightenment through literacy. The English language unified because of the Bible. Mankind developed through the industrial and technological revolution because of one thing. The Bible and the printing press. Both of these are related to each other. Take one away and we would still be illiterate and speaking a broad range of languages.

The Bible predicted this in Daniel chapter 12.

3 Those who are wise[a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Revelation predicts that Israel will be the center of world consciousness at the time of the end and that man will have the capability to broadcast the image of the Beast throughout all the world. It predicts a time of calamity, war, earthquakes and starvation, mostly due to mans choice of pride.

Sorry, but you are missing most of why a Christian believes in the message of faith, hope and love. We are the image of God and man. The Bible is the image of God and man. You choose to focus on the imperfections in the Bible, which amounts to looking at yourself. God is in the image as well in perfection. The flesh will blind you to the truth.

Originally posted by Cornczech
reply to post by SuperiorEd

"The Bible is the central truth of all of mankind." - um.....only since the Romans decided to adopt Christian doctrine, (and change it around a bit....). Before that there were MANY religions...many with very common, central themes. Christianity is really, only a recent newcomer if you look at the BIG picture of the history of mankind.

Peace, Ya'll

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by notimportant

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

Swindle indicates the unneccessary and iggnorant and illegal spending of money.... which, in your eyes, can be applied to Christianity. Likewise it can be applied to all religions and all human endeavors. Thus my argument that anything, when unchecked, can become a religion.

Greatest lie...indicates that Jesus and Christianity is a lie...not true...without basis. The same argument can be made for all religions and beliefs...be it Yahweh or grey aliens or global warming.

So if your argument and dissatisfaction lies only with Christianity...then your views are askew or prejudicial or discriminatory in the worst way. As such, they are only your views and with out basis or fact...and share great company with the same people you condemn... the "go to hell christians."

What are you trying to suggest here, that I don't know what Christianity is? I know what it, sort of been there done that story. What I've expirienced during that time is that Christian people only believe the words of a preacher in church or something similair.

When someone else is telling them their view, it got "debunked", and I find that very annoying. So I started thinking for myself and I can conclude that yhwh is not a really "good" god, he hates the people who are not with him, he kills people's childeren or ask them to offer. He is against everything what has to do with "freedom" or "free wil to choose" and people do all kinds of abusing stuff in his name (starting wars for example). If you don't obey his will, you will burn in hell, at least that is what they are trying to tell you.

Now there is "Lucifer" who is on the side of mankind, who does everything for you and gives you what you want. And with "everything you want" I mean: living in peace with yourself, growing peacefully to a certain goal, or better self and doing good to others. I'm really convinced that yhwh is the evil one, he just twisted the whole story to HIS hand.

When I was somekind of "Christian" I was living in fear, I had the fear that I was not good enough, at one point I was seriously thinking of doing myself somekind of harm. And I wass suffering from a compulsive obsessive disorder, which didn't got away when I asked yhwh for help. Now I suffer less from that disorder, and I'm very thankfull for that.

But you guys can probably tell me that I indeed wasn't a good Christian because I never went to church, and never got baptised or something like that. And here it goes very VERY wrong with Chrsitianity, you only get your "salvation" by accepting some "terms", but people are to blind to see this.

A true creator loves his creation no matter what (just look at your parents), and will not force you in a very aggresive way to do his will.
edit on 2-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Rubbish. Just pure ignorance. Sad that you all have swallowed the likes of religion to it's fullest. In the original text the Apostles taught Universal Salvation for ALL of mankind. There never was a teaching of "hell" until the Catholic Church ran with Dantes fiction of hell fire!

You DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA of what your talking about. Do some real research instead of your hypocritical biased style research. You may actually learn something instead of spouting off more lies on top of lies.

This thread is an absolute joke for those that have done the research. Just so you know you seem just as foolish to me as the people your accusing of being fools. It's very comical to watch from here.

Carry on....I know you won't listen to me so don't ask me to prove anything. I just want you to know straight out this is the most ignorant thread I have read in a while.

edit on 4/2/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Christianity is the central religion of all of our history. The entire world has revolved around it. The reformation fueled the expansion of the printing press. The reformation drove 70 million Europeans to flee for freedom in a new land. The Bible was responsible for bringing us out of the dark ages into an age of reason and enlightenment through literacy. The English language unified because of the Bible. Mankind developed through the industrial and technological revolution because of one thing. The Bible and the printing press. Both of these are related to each other. Take one away and we would still be illiterate and speaking a broad range of languages.

The Bible predicted this in Daniel chapter 12.

3 Those who are wise[a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Revelation predicts that Israel will be the center of world consciousness at the time of the end and that man will have the capability to broadcast the image of the Beast throughout all the world. It predicts a time of calamity, war, earthquakes and starvation, mostly due to mans choice of pride.

Sorry, but you are missing most of why a Christian believes in the message of faith, hope and love. We are the image of God and man. The Bible is the image of God and man. You choose to focus on the imperfections in the Bible, which amounts to looking at yourself. God is in the image as well in perfection. The flesh will blind you to the truth.

Originally posted by Cornczech
reply to post by SuperiorEd

"The Bible is the central truth of all of mankind." - um.....only since the Romans decided to adopt Christian doctrine, (and change it around a bit....). Before that there were MANY religions...many with very common, central themes. Christianity is really, only a recent newcomer if you look at the BIG picture of the history of mankind.

Peace, Ya'll

I'm sorry, but you are wrong, It was Judaism who has given mankind and society the kickstart.... In and after the Roman times, it was indeed Christianity, but Judaism provided the "fundamentals" for christianity. Jesus was a Jew (and a Luciferian), don't forget that.

It were the people in charge who twisted the whole story in an very evil and abusive way under influence of yhwh.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The swindle was a man who unconditionally loved each creation of the father and chose death, to buy our freedom from an enemy that modern man gives to freely.

Enjoy technology and currency as your savior.

God still loves you.

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

When someone else is telling them their view, it got "debunked", and I find that very annoying. So I started thinking for myself and I can conclude that yhwh is not a really "good" god, he hates the people who are not with him, he kills people's childeren or ask them to offer. He is against everything what has to do with "freedom" or "free wil to choose" and people do all kinds of abusing stuff in his name (starting wars for example). If you don't obey his will, you will burn in hell, at least that is what they are trying to tell you.

The bible is full of gods, I don't think Jesus refers to Yhwh as to the father.
There seems to be another god for the new testament, so it seems. I may be wrong but how many times do you see the name YHWH in the new testament ?
Also it may seem genesis there is a different god, the supreme god, the creator is different from Yhwh, in that it creates worlds, stars and so on unlike YHWH that is a more physical god as a person, a man if you will that comes down and states not to worship other gods.

YHWH has to do more with the annunaki, and not with god, the god, as in the creator of the universe, the true god, supreme.

Now there is "Lucifer" who is on the side of mankind, who does everything for you and gives you what you want. And with "everything you want" I mean: living in peace with yourself, growing peacefully to a certain goal, or better self and doing good to others. I'm really convinced that yhwh is the evil one, he just twisted the whole story to HIS hand.

I don';t think picking lucifer as you master does you any good and does not have any implications to YHWH.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

The bible is full of gods, I don't think Jesus refers to Yhwh as to the father.
There seems to be another god for the new testament, so it seems. I may be wrong but how many times do you see the name YHWH in the new testament ?
Also it may seem genesis there is a different god, the supreme god, the creator is different from Yhwh, in that it creates worlds, stars and so on unlike YHWH that is a more physical god as a person, a man if you will that comes down and states not to worship other gods.

YHWH has to do more with the annunaki, and not with god, the god, as in the creator of the universe, the true god, supreme.

I don';t think picking lucifer as you master does you any good and does not have any implications to YHWH.

Why?? because the bible says that "Lucifer" is the evil one? Did you ever considered that the bible is one of the tools of an angry evil god who want's all the power? It is so clear and so obvious, but still people fail miserably to see the bigger picture.

The bible says that the beast will have more followers in the endtimes than the true creator, and Christianity is still a growing religion (Which started in Israel), besides Jesus was just one of the many false prophets who got mentioned. The second beast is America (appearance of a lamb while speaking like a dragon.), because the second beast will do what the first beast tells him to do. America has strong christian fundements, and starts wars were-ever it want's in the name of the Christian God.

So I like to suggest that you really have to be prepared and expect soon to get what you deserve....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by thewanger

So tell me how you know these are the words of Jesus? The testaments were written at least 90 years AFTER Jesus had died by people who had never met him, how do they know the exact words of Jesus if they were not there? Also the bible has be constantly altered to suit who ever was in charge at the time, hence the king James version which is altered from the earlier versions

If you want me to believe the words of Jesus, find me a written record from someone who was there when he spoke them...

If we follow your logic then we must not trust any written record of any historical event, ever.
How do we know Plato was who he says he was?
How do we know Mohammed was who he says he was?
How do we know if any of the Caesars actually lived and ruled the Roman Empire?
How do we know there was a Roman Empire, for that matter?

Let's take it one step further: I don't believe the pyramids were actually built. Just because there are big structures sitting in the middle of the desert doesn't mean someone really built them.

I also don't believe that Michelangelo was the artist who painted the ceiling in the sistine chapel.

Where's the proof?
Where's the picture of Mike in action hanging out on the scaffolding?
Until I see the pyramids with my own eyes, I'm not going to waste my precious time believing that something I've never seen before actually exists.

The same goes for any of the above mentioned.

If someone found "a written record from someone who was there when he spoke them" you still wouldn't believe because there will be no way to verify that the written record came from a person who heard Jesus' voice with their own ears.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The problem with all of this is that religious people don’t understand that their religion IS A THEORY.

Your religious doctrine has not become a fact in you or the external world.

Fundamentalist are the worst because they really don’t understand this and wish to make their religious theories true through force, an impossible thing to do.

Just accept that you have faith in a theory and move on. There is a way, in theory, for you to experience your truth or faith inwardly but that takes tolerance, understanding, and something that they talk about but rarely practice, and that’s called . . . love

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Why?? because the bible says that "Lucifer" is the evil one? Did you ever considered that the bible is one of the tools of an angry evil god who want's all the power? It is so clear and so obvious, but still people fail miserably to see the bigger picture.

I still don't see what YAHWN has to do with lucifer or satan ?
There is also the name of Elohim another god, some stipulate that Elohim are a type of beings not as in one but as in many. From what I know Jesus or the new testament does not talk of them, so who is your enemy or adversary, the bible it's self is formed from many books.

In the end it must be concluded that there is only one god, the creator of the universe, more of a force/entity rather than a man character.

Better put if you study Kabalah, the tree of life number 7 the crown, god all mighty(keter the force) that sits at the top is not YAHWN, and YAHWN may be a demi god with a physical apearance, or an alien.

The bible, the start of it with the genesis would indicate the same thing that the creator, god is something else.

So all this flaming will do you no good. Who are you upset on ?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I still don't see what YAHWN has to do with lucifer or satan ?
There is also the name of Elohim another god, some stipulate that Elohim are a type of beings not as in one but as in many. From what I know Jesus or the new testament does not talk of them, so who is your enemy or adversary, the bible it's self is formed from many books.

In the end it must be concluded that there is only one god, the creator of the universe, more of a force/entity rather than a man character.

Better put if you study Kabalah, the tree of life number 7 the crown, god all mighty(keter the force) that sits at the top is not YAHWN, and YAHWN may be a demi god with a physical apearance, or an alien.

The bible, the start of it with the genesis would indicate the same thing that the creator, god is something else.

So all this flaming will do you no good. Who are you upset on ?

It upsets me that the Christians are doing what they can do best in this topic. Instead of discussing things they are simply quoting bible texts and moving along, this is a solid proof that they are unable to think for themselves, call them brainwashed or something.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well because all of us were created, if you believe it or not, you will find out Judgement Day. There is many religions man has created, yet there has always been a true path since the beginning. Now, if you actually do some study, on the names of the Son and the Father, you will find out each religion has their own name for him. Allah, Buddha, Jehovah, Jesus, God etc. But if you search for the truth and want it, it will smack you down to the ground like a train and see all religions are man made. There can only be 1 right way, and multiple wrong ways, its just common sense and scriptural. Also many are led astray, and only few are those who are saved. Majority rule does not apply. Doing the right thing, always will make you alone in the end, and if you endure it, you will inherit eternal life.

"Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide - and the way is broad - that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it. But beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are savage wolves" Matthew(Mattithyahu) 7:13-15

There can be only one way, cause thats the truth. Only one way to do the right thing, many to do the wrong. And those who follow the right way, not in a religion, are called Follwers of the Way/Truth/Light.

"Thomas(T'oma) said to Him, "Master, we do not know where You are going, and how are we able to know the way?" Yahuwshuwah said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen."

Yahuwah( NOT GOD or LORD) our Creator set in us to look for the truth and to search for our reason for our existance. Everyone has that drive, its part of us. And to say that there is no afterlife, is to reject the Creator Yahuwah, you just slapped Him in the face. And why would you want to believe that life ends and you go into nothingness?? That shatters anyone's confidence in life and makes you feel as worthless as a piece of dirt. But, by believing there is life after death, if you believe there IS a Creator named Yahuwah, and His Son Yahuwshuwah(NOT JESUS) then you feel special and have a real purpose to live and to do RIGHT to gain eternal life!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The atheist speaks, but only near to death does it pray

This thread= Lucifernvism party
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

A true creator loves his creation no matter what (just look at your parents), and will not force you in a very aggresive way to do his will.

Suffering is a good way of learning between the light and darkness of life. IF a child burns his hand on the stove he does not do it again. I do not understand the spirtual connections between ones faults that correlates with disease. Disease, Dis,

Suffering attains to enlightenment and learning, obviously your OCD if you are not lying was obviously a gift to understand something and to learn. Now since that is gone enjoy your 60+ years on earth and see what happens in the end. Obviously this dimension was far to stressful for you to handle, me, I carry my cross on my shoulders and act like a man, not like a puss

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Judge for yourself...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-4-2011 by Soldier of God because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

you keep believing that

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Nice idea...but it wont work with me.. not afraid of death in the slightest..
Being afraid to cross over is part of the reason why there are so many ghosts/spirits floating around haunting places..

And yes, ghosts/spirits do exist..

This fear has been caused by religion spouting its message of eternal damnation over and over again..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by Jordan River

Nice idea...but it wont work with me.. not afraid of death in the slightest..
Being afraid to cross over is part of the reason why there are so many ghosts/spirits floating around haunting places..

And yes, ghosts/spirits do exist..

This fear has been caused by religion spouting its message of eternal damnation over and over again..

That's hilarious... you don't believe in God but you believe in ghosts/spirits...

Ever heard of the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit? Yep God started it long before Jason and Grant on Ghost Hunters.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

But your proof is based off a story written thousands of years ago? You're saying that if everyone believed in Christianity, the world would be at peace. Why Christianity though? By saying this, you are also saying the earth should not be offered an opinion on life. To believe in a religion with such absence of proof is one thing, but to blame terror on people having an open mind on life, is another.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ghost/spirits= other dimension (different plane on earth).

You really have to be against the big bang theory, paranormal activity and deny freewill in order to have a complete fixed Atheist viewpoint. Shut those 3 down then I cannot help you

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join