The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have really enjoyed the way this guy talks and puts across his point.

He talks about how Jesus seems to be different for almost everyone in some manner. One mans poison is another mans food, so to speak.
It would appear that its all down to personal interpretation and ideas about what is right and wrong as to whether you're on the right path or not..

I laughed when he says that Jesus is as versatile as Mr. Potato head

He then goes on to a more finer point of how Jesus is more to do with swindling you out of the kingdom of heaven and how being born a Human being is part of original sin.. ie, You're crime is being alive, the sentence is death..

Anyway, check the video out..
godlesscomedy.blip.tv...

As for examples as to what he means, let's have a look at one particular group of "Christians" who have been featured very recently on a British TV programme...

Louis Theroux: Westboro Baptist Church revisited

Under the guidance of their angry pastor, the Phelpses have arrived at the idea that the only Biblical practice for Christians in our age is to carry placards with unbelievably offensive anti-gay slogans (Fags in Hell, Fags Eat Poop, and so on) and turn up at high-profile funerals, especially those of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In my programme I had taken issue with the Phelpses' gloss on the Bible and with their whole interpretation of the idea of Christian charity. I'd seen their practices as a by-product of the warped thinking of their pastor, Fred Phelps - known as Gramps - imposed on family members from birth through a well-orchestrated campaign of indoctrination.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And from the other side of the fence, so to speak, there has been some rather nasty goings on in the name of religion;

At least eight foreign UN workers were killed, two of them beheaded, on Friday in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif after a demonstration against the burning of Korans by a U.S. preacher, a regional police spokesman said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Religion, and its various Gods, is on its way out... thankfully...

Religion may become extinct in nine nations, study says

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+62 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert. He says that if you don't want what he offers then so be it. True Christians do not believe in violence of any kind. For country or family or anything on this earth. Jesus said: I send you out as lambs among wolves. No protection, no defense. His answer for what should we do was: Be as innocent as doves and as wise as serpents. All we have is our wits. Jesus is not a lie or a swindle. The real question is: Are you going to be a Christian or just another person trying to get by at the expense of your fellow man. Read the New Testament but only the words of Jesus(get a Bible where they are in red) and then tell me what you think.

+52 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Good. I hope religion does die someday. I don't like living among a bunch of brainwashed idiots who waste the time of others and even ruin the lives of others. 2 days taken from nearly every week for the first 17 years of my life was spent in churches and other religious nonsense. All of that time adds up to a few years of my life basically flushed down the toilet.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

you say true christians do not believe in violence of any kind yet you have a picture of Count Dante a criminal and a man who advocated extreme violence, to most people you are showing the two faced hypocracy of religion.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert

Well we don’t really know for sure what Jesus said and the Muslims do no preach to kill those who won’t convert. This is all just propaganda, so we end up hating each other. If you go back a few hundred years ago we were all killing each other for some reason or another. Nowadays, there are small groups of people who do, but most people whatever their descent would prefer to live in peace. This is the true teaching of most religions, but we are quick to forget. It more the leaders in charge of that church that does the damage. Not the people.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

So tell me how you know these are the words of Jesus? The testaments were written at least 90 years AFTER Jesus had died by people who had never met him, how do they know the exact words of Jesus if they were not there? Also the bible has be constantly altered to suit who ever was in charge at the time, hence the king James version which is altered from the earlier versions

If you want me to believe the words of Jesus, find me a written record from someone who was there when he spoke them...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert. He says that if you don't want what he offers then so be it. True Christians do not believe in violence of any kind. For country or family or anything on this earth. Jesus said: I send you out as lambs among wolves. No protection, no defense. His answer for what should we do was: Be as innocent as doves and as wise as serpents. All we have is our wits. Jesus is not a lie or a swindle. The real question is: Are you going to be a Christian or just another person trying to get by at the expense of your fellow man. Read the New Testament but only the words of Jesus(get a Bible where they are in red) and then tell me what you think.

Why are you comparing "Jesus" with Muslims??? There are some Chrsitian extremists in other countrys who kill everything what is not Christian. And what about the KKK? it's a Christiangroup who do harm to others in name of Jesus and the bible and everything else which had to deo with Christianity. And what about your country (us) which start wars in the name of the "christian god" in other country's, you are on the wrong side my friend, but to blind to see the whole image......

I really feel sad for narrowminded people like you who think that and say christianity is the ONLY and RIGHT religion because "jesus" or the "bible" says so, c'mon think for yourself !!

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Instilling the fear of hell fire and eternal damnation into anyone who does not believe in god or Jesus is just an outright control mechanism in order to obtain power, property and money. Nothing else.

Using a name like Jesus in order to promote your fear mongering is nothing more than a tool to forge the mechanism.

Even the cross he was supposedly crucified on is a tool used to remind people what can happen to you if you do or don't follow ... It is a torture device designed to kill..

The story goes.. and it is just a story... that there were three people crucified that day.. one damned to hell fire because he wouldn't 'repent', so to speak...and another who did and was allowed access to the supposed kingdom of heaven..

this, to me, is just another last minute message to promote and idea of hell and you've only got one chance left before your ultimate demise.

It's all a scam. A huge one that many millions of innocent people have been killed in the name of.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
scam or not, ever considered that "Lucifer" might be the good one, and yhwh the bad one? But that yhwh just manipulated the whole thing so that it "looks like" he is the good one. Think about it, yhwh kills / lucifer does not, yhwh mongers fear / lucifer gives you everything you want, etc etc It's even written in the bible!!! But again, people are to blind to see or to afraid to think for themselves...

All those hardcore Christian people are in for a big surprise very soon !!
edit on 2-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

That's an important point..

God basically said, "follow me...do as I tell you.. or else you're for it!!!"

Lucifer basically turned around and gave a big fat "No chance matey..I wont bow down anybody"

Hence he was kicked out.. good for him for standing up against a regime

He also is supposed to have given Adam and Eve the chance to gain knowledge of the truth.
God even says in the King James version of the bible that "they have become like us"

The "us" bit has always striked me as a bit of uh-oh...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
We are created in the image of God. The Bible is also in the image of God. Our entire universe is in the image of God. None of these images are God in perfection. If God made them perfect, they would be a perfect picture of Him, making Him two. He is One. He cannot be two. Instead, we are an imperfect image, as is the Bible and the universe. We are imperfect so we can be different than Him, otherwise we would be Him in perfection. The image cannot be the same to be different. A mirror cannot reflect itself.

The Bible is only a reflection of God in imperfection. The true Word of God is Christ. He was perfect and had to be as a demonstration of the difference in image between us and God. With this said, consider what you are really saying.

You are essentially saying that you do not believe in God or Jesus because you see man's imperfection in the image the Bible reflects. You further see man's poor reflection in the way he acts and judges others. You further see flaws in the universe as a whole, making you the judge of it all. In reality, you and God are both in the image together. The difference is, He is carrying you through the lessons of this reality despite of your own imperfection. That is Grace, or unmerited favor through loving-kindness to you. He offers you salvation from the school of life if you pass the test and rise above your imperfection. You can only move on if you progress and realize your place in the universe with humility and respect. This is the Refiner's Fire and God will test your faith to see if it is acceptable.

1 Corinthians 13
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 2-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Why are you comparing "Jesus" with Muslims??? There are some Chrsitian extremists in other countrys who kill everything what is not Christian. And what about the KKK? it's a Christiangroup who do harm to others in name of Jesus and the bible and everything else which had to deo with Christianity. And what about your country (us) which start wars in the name of the "christian god" in other country's, you are on the wrong side my friend, but to blind to see the whole image......

The KKK is a Christian group?
OMG I'm almost embarrassed for you. A group claims Christianity so that's it then ? Their automatically Christians ? Riiiight? What? If they also claim to be decendants of the Ananaki then by your thinking they built the pyramids?

He most likely wants nothing to do any image you seem to worship.

As for blindness thats for people who would not believe the truth. Sodom and Gommarah ring a bell?
edit on 2-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It was Lucifer who created and yhwh who got jealous and started to act as a dictator and eventually kicked Lucifer of the throne. In the 10 commandments (who are forced upon mankind by "control freak" yhwh) is written that you shall not worship other gods, and only him, so that makes him extremely jealous.

I once was intrested in becoming a Christian because I strongly belive there is more, but those christian days are over. Also those days were filled full of fear because I was afraid that I might be going to hell and that I was not good enough, but then I started realising that hell does not excist. It's all based on fear. What I was experiencing those days was comparable to a psychosis, and it was terrible when I think back to it.

Now I turned over to Luciferianism I feel better, I can think for myself in a rational way and my life is back on track, I literally get everything I want, and this is NO JOKE !!!, but it goes not fast but it doesnt really matter. It's not like that you will ask for it and 10 second later it arrives. It's comparable to a growing process.

Mark my words, yhwh is bad, lucifer is good.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

OMG I'm almost embarrassed for you. A group claims Christianity so that's it then ? Their automatically Christians ? Riiiight? What? If they also claim to be decendants of the Ananaki then by your thinking they built the pyramids?

As for blindness thats for people who would not believe the truth. Sodom and Gommarah ring a bell?

Dude, I suppose you are from the US so you must know that the KKK is a Christian group, if you deny this you have no clue whatsover of your own country's culture which is based on hate and fear....

The intro of the website of the kkk says :

"Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America! A Message of Love NOT Hate!"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Ok, you're right. They are a Christian group. With out even one member in the congregation that is a follower of Christ and his teachings. Yep true Christians. Open your eyes to your own blindness.

A message of love for themselves. And that's it. No more mental capacity for love than that. Christian fo sho!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The term Lucifer is a Latin word meaning bringer of light. It is only found in a translation of a Hebrew text. There is no Hebrew word meaning Lucifer. It was used in the Latin Vulgate, translated by Jerome, to represent what he thought was Satan in Isaiah 14. We now know his translation was inaccurate and this verse was speaking of a King who was bright in Babylonia. If you worship Lucifer, you are really worshiping Jesus, the true Bright and Morning Star. 2 Peter 1:16 and Revelation 22:16

The Morning Star in Greek "Phosphorous"

1. The morning star is very solid light. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Heb. 13:8, " I am the Lord, and I change not". Mal. 3:6.

2. The bright and mooring star is the announcer of the rising of the sun.
Here is the greatest truth. As Morning star it speaks about the secret coming of the Lord for his church which we call as the "Rapture", which is the harbinger of his open coming which we call as the "Second Coming". "When the Sun of righteousness will come with healing in his wings " Mal. 4:2 , "The upright shall have dominion over them in the morning" Psa. 49:14. "The night is far spent , the day is at hand" Rom. 13:11-12. "The path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more into the perfect day" Prov.4:18.

3. The Morning Star is a great ornament and beauty to the heavens. Who is the object of worship and beauty in the heavens?
He is the fairest of ten thousand, He is the Rose of Sharon, He is the Lilly of the Valley. "who is worthy to open the book and break the seals thereof? " Rev. 5:2, "I will call on the Lord who is worthy to be praised" 2 Sam. 22:4.

4.The Morning Star is a very pleasant object and to behold. "I have a desire to depart and to be with Christ" Phi.1:23. "Truly ......it is a pleasant thing for thy eyes to behold .....Ecl. 11:7. "O when shall I come and appear before God" Psa. 42:2.

5. The Morning Star is a useful guide to the mariners. The wiseman followed the star and were able to worship God in the house, Math. 2:9-11. "Whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness". John 12:46.

6. The Morning Star is called the star of the first Magnitude with respect to its brightness. Who is the one who rose first from the dead? Acts 26:23. The chiefest among ten thousand, the Head of the church, "Who being the brightness of his glory, upholds all thing by word of his Power" Heb.1:3, "Descended first in to the lower parts of the earth" Eph. 4:9, "He fist loved us".1 John 4:9

7. The Morning Star is a terror to evil men who haste away at its appearing.
Jesus Christ is a great terror not only to wicked men but to wicked angels and all that love darkness. Why thou come to torment us before the time?" Math. 8:29. "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the Throne, and from the Lamb". Rev. 6:16.

8.The Morning Star is fixed in its position .
"And immediately I was in the spirit and behold a Throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne " Rev. 4:2. He is the priest forever after the of Melchizedek, a prophet to guide forever, a King forever. "Yet I have set my King upon my holy hill of Zion" Psa: 2:6. "And I am with you always to the end of the world" Math. 28:20.

9.The Morning Star gives most of its light just before the break of the day.
"And it shall come to last days..... I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh....." Acts. 2:17. Arise and shine, for thy light is come, the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. The Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising" Isa. 60:1-3.

10. The Morning Star governs chiefly the pleasant and delightful plants.
"And they shall see His face and His name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall be no light there ......for the Lord God giveth them light" Rev. 22:4,5. "They follow the Lamb withersoever He goeth" Rev. 14:4.

11. The Morning Star is said to cause gentle storms in winter and moderate heat summer.
"Let not your hearts be troubled" John. 14:1-3. "The Son of Man came not to destroy but to save".

12. The Morning Star doeth most service in winter because in winter the night is longer then the day. "call upon me in day of trouble, for I care for you". "Son of David, have mercy on me".

13.The Morning Star has a honourable name - "Son of the Morning". JESUS hath a very honurable name - Saviour, Christ, Immanuel, JESUS the only begotten, the lame of God. Phi. 2:9, Mat. 1:24, Acts 1:26, John 6:69, Rev. 1:5, Heb. 1:4 etc...,...

14. The Morning Star is also known as Eening Star. So the same star is the beginner and the end of the day. Alpha and Omega, the first and the last , the author and finisher of our faith. Rev. 1:8: Heb. 12:2

15.The Morning Star isn't hindered in its course by mists, fogs ,clouds or dark vapours. Nothing can obstruct its motion. "Is there anything too hard for the Lord ?" Heb. 10:37, "on this Rock I build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" Math. 16:18.

Originally posted by notimportant
It was Lucifer who created and yhwh who got jealous and started to act as a dictator and eventually kicked Lucifer of the throne. In the 10 commandments (who are forced upon mankind by "control freak" yhwh) is written that you shall not worship other gods, and only him, so that makes him extremely jealous.

I once was intrested in becoming a Christian because I strongly belive there is more, but those christian days are over. Also those days were filled full of fear because I was afraid that I might be going to hell and that I was not good enough, but then I started realising that hell does not excist. It's all based on fear. What I was experiencing those days was comparable to a psychosis, and it was terrible when I think back to it.

Now I turned over to Luciferianism I feel better, I can think for myself in a rational way and my life is back on track, I literally get everything I want, and this is NO JOKE !!!, but it goes not fast but it doesnt really matter. It's not like that you will ask for it and 10 second later it arrives. It's comparable to a growing process.

Mark my words, yhwh is bad, lucifer is good.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Ok, you're right. They are a Christian group. With out even one member in the congregation that is a follower of Christ and his teachings. Yep true Christians. Open your eyes to your own blindness.

What are you trying to accomplish here? It's funny that you keep repeating yourself that they might be "not Christian" while their website (and other sites, documents and history books) says they have Christian beliefs and fundementals.

Maybe you should open your eyes, because it is you who is the blind one, and it's funny to see that you have absolutely no idea of this. How sad....

You are a typical American, everyone from outside the US who have a skeptical view or some criticism on your country is considered an idiot. I can only say that you are properly brainwashed by your own country ;P

link   
I hate religion, I cant stand it when a christian will tell me "go to hell" "burn in hell" ect ect,

How about, NO, # OFF, i will not go to YOUR idea of eternal pain and suffering.

I respect what Christians stand for and how many people its helped through tough times BUT DONT PREACH YOUR # TO ME.

link   
Matthew 7:15

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Originally posted by notimportant

Dude, I suppose you are from the US so you must know that the KKK is a Christian group, if you deny this you have no clue whatsover of your own country's culture which is based on hate and fear....

The intro of the website of the kkk says :

"Bringing a Message of Hope and Deliverance to White Christian America! A Message of Love NOT Hate!"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

As is said before, I don't trust the bible, it are storys written down years after the happenings and they are twisted by yhwh himself (which worked through the people, right???).

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join