It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Jesus Swindle, Greatest lie ever told.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I see some here who are trying to convince others of the Word, but sometimes it's fleeting, I'm sorry.

"I took my stand in the midst of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did not find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see, for they came into the world empty, and they also seek to depart from the world empty. But meanwhile they are drunk. When they shake off their wine, then they will change their ways."

"Don't give what is holy to dogs, for they might throw them upon the manure pile."

Harsh I know, but you can't convince all the close-minded drones, my friends. Only when they come to you sober can you begin to show them the Gospel or any other spiritual teaching. They've made up their minds though and prefer to stay "drunk": they wish to live in a diluted and material world and ultimately lay in the earth and become nothingness. It's not their fault, forgive them. The devil's hold is very tight, especially on the unarmed individual. We present them with an arsenal, but they have chosen to stay ignorant and trudge on. We ourselves can't save everyone and that's the unfortunate truth. Even God will only reveal himself to those with an open mind and an open heart. But just like him, we must love them even when they spit in our faces, because without love we are nothing ourselves.

Steady on though and never give up your faith. Help those around you, those close to you. It's easier then to convey your passion. Sometimes you just have to accept that it may be a lost cause however, especially over the net where our words often fall upon the blind eyes of the masses and drunken thinkers.

I won't bother to post in this thread anymore because it's going to be a waste of energy and I can already see how far it's degraded, but I just wanted to convey that message because I've dealt with these arguments before. We'll be there for them should they change their minds however.

"Anyone here with two good ears had better listen!"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Char-Lee

Jesus taught love not hate.
That's pretty much in agreement across the board.
Do you have a problem with that message? Someone simply and kindly says God is good and you attack them?
WTH is wrong with you?

The fact that you see my opinion as an attack says a lot. Also that you say because of my own opinion there is something wrong with me...very loving thought...I didn't say that about you. I leave you to your own truths.
I said....
(You and everyone else seems to KNOW the REAL TRUTH...and are are willing to teach it to me.....unfortunatly you all disagree on what that TRUTH is so think I will opt out on that teaching ...but thanks. )

Do you realize how many different ways the "TRUTH" is taught? Every single one of them say their way is the right way. They say just what you do, but do they really teach love? Most of those that teach say everyone else is headed for a burning hell...is that love?

signature:
See you in Kheb

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Jesus is the son of God. If people would live by what he said(the words in red, in The Bible) and not what others said about him the world would be at peace. He's not like Muslims; who say to kill those who won't convert. He says that if you don't want what he offers then so be it. True Christians do not believe in violence of any kind. For country or family or anything on this earth. Jesus said: I send you out as lambs among wolves. No protection, no defense. His answer for what should we do was: Be as innocent as doves and as wise as serpents. All we have is our wits. Jesus is not a lie or a swindle. The real question is: Are you going to be a Christian or just another person trying to get by at the expense of your fellow man. Read the New Testament but only the words of Jesus(get a Bible where they are in red) and then tell me what you think.

Actually, if you live by the bible, you are not living by what Jesus said, but what man has said that he said. You are believing hearsay. I have some faith myself, but even I know this and can't state anything emphatically. If you take the grains of wisdom found, sure, a lot of it makes sense...some other things are up for interpretation (like Lazarus and the rich man).
edit on 2-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Personal perspective of reality and own experiences will dictate their worldly belief systems. Telling a person who knows that they have seen an angel will not change their mind about anything else in the world.
Other people scoff. this is our world where our own personal opinions become critically analyzed and satirically blasted at.

I was a deity worshipper of Satan, followed by a "luciferinsim" belief system where I believed mankind was god. (although I did not study the luciferinsim and kinda went with it on my own). Did study anton, and I really dislike alester, he is just a wacko IMO
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Someone once told me. . .hey, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!
I told him "Hey, I will never ever EVER write that you said that while using proper quotation marks!"

then I ate some food from Wendy's.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

I soooooooooooooo agree!!! I, personally dont believe in "Religion" because its a fallacy made up by TPTB to segregate humanity and therefore create facades. I believe in having a very close RELATIONSHIP with my heavenly father and Saviour. The whole idea of "religion" is a fallacy and quite frankly is a load of BULL!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
I see some here who are trying to convince others of the Word, but sometimes it's fleeting, I'm sorry.

"I took my stand in the midst of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did not find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see, for they came into the world empty, and they also seek to depart from the world empty. But meanwhile they are drunk. When they shake off their wine, then they will change their ways."

"Don't give what is holy to dogs, for they might throw them upon the manure pile."

Harsh I know, but you can't convince all the close-minded drones, my friends. Only when they come to you sober can you begin to show them the Gospel or any other spiritual teaching. They've made up their minds though and prefer to stay "drunk": they wish to live in a diluted and material world and ultimately lay in the earth and become nothingness. It's not their fault, forgive them. The devil's hold is very tight, especially on the unarmed individual. We present them with an arsenal, but they have chosen to stay ignorant and trudge on. We ourselves can't save everyone and that's the unfortunate truth. Even God will only reveal himself to those with an open mind and an open heart. But just like him, we must love them even when they spit in our faces, because without love we are nothing ourselves.

Steady on though and never give up your faith. Help those around you, those close to you. It's easier then to convey your passion. Sometimes you just have to accept that it may be a lost cause however, especially over the net where our words often fall upon the blind eyes of the masses and drunken thinkers.

I won't bother to post in this thread anymore because it's going to be a waste of energy and I can already see how far it's degraded, but I just wanted to convey that message because I've dealt with these arguments before. We'll be there for them should they change their minds however.

"Anyone here with two good ears had better listen!"

Applause and tears is all I can say to you brother/sister
But to God send the water for the seed.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Jesus hasn't swindled anyone. Religion and Catholic schools on the other hand.. well totally..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Good. I hope religion does die someday. I don't like living among a bunch of brainwashed idiots who waste the time of others and even ruin the lives of others. 2 days taken from nearly every week for the first 17 years of my life was spent in churches and other religious nonsense. All of that time adds up to a few years of my life basically flushed down the toilet.

As long as the human mind learns via metaphor and symbol, religion will always be with us...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

wow, you really do have it all figured out dont you?? NOT??? Youve got it all wrong, hate to bust your bubble!!!! Without Yahweh den Lucifer wouldnt exist!! Yahweh is the architect of the universe, he created EVERYTHING, including lucifer!
P.s. All those things that you get whenever you want is irrelevant! Soon those 'things' wont even exist smh, hopefully soon you will see the light!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Let's also look at how one particular scroll seems to have been deliberately omitted from the bible, and very likely buried.. luckily, not destroyed..
The gospel of Judas..

The Gospel of Judas gives a different view of the relationship between Jesus and Judas, offering new insights into the disciple who betrayed Jesus. Unlike the accounts in the canonical Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, in which Judas is portrayed as a reviled traitor, this newly discovered Gospel portrays Judas as acting at Jesus' request when he hands Jesus over to the authorities.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Today, many use the name Judas in order to persecute someone.. when, in fact, it should be the opposite..

And why oh why do we really need to make 300 changes to a book that has had a multitude of changes in its past already..
It has gone way past its original meaning.. it is being changed in order to suit the modern day... this should not be so unless its power was weakening and its 'word' less meaningful... to change it is to change the people that read it.
Editing in order to control power over others.
300 changes to bible

you are right the 300 changes were done in order to suit the modern day agenda of those want to water down the truth to suit their own needs, but it's not because the orginal translation is weak, quite the opposite it was done to conceal the strength of it, and the power of the blood of Jesus Christ.

Your also right about the changes that were done in order change the people that read it, there is an agenda, where satan comes as an angle of light and has moved on the minds of these men who have made these changes, although they were small, it's the little foxes that spoil the vine. after all it was the original liar who said" did God really say that?

So stick with the original King james version ,which is what your link was defending, or read the translated versions of the original Greek and Hebrew. thanks for the post Extralien, I don't think you realize how helpful you are....hugs

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Instilling the fear of hell fire and eternal damnation into anyone who does not believe in god or Jesus is just an outright control mechanism in order to obtain power, property and money. Nothing else.

Using a name like Jesus in order to promote your fear mongering is nothing more than a tool to forge the mechanism.

Even the cross he was supposedly crucified on is a tool used to remind people what can happen to you if you do or don't follow ... It is a torture device designed to kill..

The story goes.. and it is just a story... that there were three people crucified that day.. one damned to hell fire because he wouldn't 'repent', so to speak...and another who did and was allowed access to the supposed kingdom of heaven..

this, to me, is just another last minute message to promote and idea of hell and you've only got one chance left before your ultimate demise.

It's all a scam. A huge one that many millions of innocent people have been killed in the name of.

I can hardly be bothered writing a proper argument seeing as your mind is clearly made up. However a true christian does not fight in wars, does not kill and is peaceful and loving. I understand that many christians are not following the teachings of Jesus. The distortion of religion has muddied the waters regarding hellfire and the trinity which is not a bible based teaching, a true christian would understand that a loving god would never have created a human just to damn him to eternal torture.

It's fair enough that you are angry at how people have used Jesus and false doctrine to promote their disgusting ideals and fuelled murders and genocide. The original words of Jesus however are pure, and to say that he is a swindle is insulting. There is a lot of evidence that Jesus existed, and his words as dante said should be read rather then interpreting what you hear from other men.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Jesus is real. So is Satan. You have a choice, of either one. Or none. Men muddy the truth. Men make lies true. And the truth, lies. Your action's, thoughts, and word's are all by choice.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Good. I hope religion does die someday. I don't like living among a bunch of brainwashed idiots who waste the time of others and even ruin the lives of others. 2 days taken from nearly every week for the first 17 years of my life was spent in churches and other religious nonsense. All of that time adds up to a few years of my life basically flushed down the toilet.

-- The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.-------- (Albert Einstein, discovered the theory of general relativity and often regarded as the father of modern physics.)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
scam or not, ever considered that "Lucifer" might be the good one, and yhwh the bad one? But that yhwh just manipulated the whole thing so that it "looks like" he is the good one. Think about it, yhwh kills / lucifer does not, yhwh mongers fear / lucifer gives you everything you want, etc etc It's even written in the bible!!! But again, people are to blind to see or to afraid to think for themselves...

All those hardcore Christian people are in for a big surprise very soon !!

edit on 2-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)
The 'big suprise' will include you as well. No one gets a free pass. Everyone is invited.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

What good is it if you gain the whole world, but in the end you lose your soul........ Lucifer is the father, and the originator of the "bait and switch"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This guy "WILL" be thrown in the lake of everlasting fire, so saying such things.
Hell is actually the other side of earth (What we can't see, the spiritual side). You know haunted houses, etc?
Ghosts are there roaming around suffering, and not in peace, not resting, that's hell.

Quote (my quote):
For you have made a hell out of a paradise, and a paradise out of a hell.

From far away our planet seems like a paradise, but as you dig deeper, you can see it is filled with sins/darkness/blindness/oneself/materialistic.
See, we are here on earth, we are going through a hell-like and a paradise-like life
. It's all there, you just have to understand. I believe in God/Jesus whoever insults him is an antichrist.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mzmusiq

I don't think you understand. I'm also against unproven beliefs, not just religion. You assert your "heavenly father" and "savior" in your statement, yet there is no evidence for its existence. I don't give a flying f### about your "heavenly father" or 'god' as it's usually called. Removing religion would be great. After that, all that remain are unjustified supernatural beliefs. However, the belief in gods is actually a product of religions and it started all of the theistic religions that exist today. Since you believe in a god, you are participating in a religious practice.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Do you people not recognize that this exactly what THEY want?! Lets all just keep arguing to each other for 100's of years, keep at each others throats, and be consumed with hatred, over what? Some words that were written 2000 years ago? I respect BOTH sides. Some people are science minded while others are faith based.
What the hell does it matter!!!?? iI you don't agree, JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!!! SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!!! DONE!!!
I can just see the enemy laughing its a** off at this crap.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Novatrino because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

What your saying is religion as well. Just look at a dictionary.

edit on 2-4-2011 by Novatrino because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by Novatrino because: cleaned it

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join