It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue flashes in West Los Angeles 10:10pm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
All the power seems to still be on everywhere though.

Well come to think of it, that would be a strong reason #3 to think it may not be blown transformers. We were without power for many hours while the power company replaced it. So if 3 went, to me it would be very likely you would have noticed the lights go out in at least one of those areas, if not all three.

Not convinced here on transformers.
edit on Sat Apr 2nd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Exactly. As I stated just now the infrastructure in California isn't that great. My parents area is on this weird grid. The houses on the west side of the street can lose their power, but my parents won't (who are on the east side.) But if my parents lose their power, the west side does.

Many don't realize but the grid has been in place for ages and is haphazard at best...unless there was a recent neighborhood development or redevelopment.

Hell, a opossum crawling on of those, if they are weathered and not maintained can easily short one out and pop goes the weasel (opossum in this case....)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I know it seems like I am singling out your post but truly I am not.

In regards to the "seems the power is up everywhere" statement, that would most likely be "seems the power is up everywhere [I can see from my vantage point]."

Could be for an industrial district, a row of street-lights, or even traffic lights. Transformers don't always mean a whole city block is out. Again, just speculation and who knows, you may be right that it wasn't transformers.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
yeah our power went out last weekend for about 6 hours and the people right across the street had theirs on still - it was crazy. Luckily we don't lose power too often here in my neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

I just thought of something. May or may not be related. Just putting things together thru ATS. I did see a thread here tonight that said Haarp just fired up again so ... I call it sychronicity others coincidence. Just gives us more reason to watch out. Sleep with one eye open these days.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Skyline is one of the worst movies ever...i almost puked in my computer watching it...but anyways OP,nowadays seems like everyone has theur iphone at hand...couldnt at least have gotten a short video after noticing the first one?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

We were getting ready for bed and my wife has a strict no cameras in the bedroom rule ;-) Seriously though, I went to get it after the 3rd flash. The first 2 were so close together it was like, what was that? There there were no more, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A transformer will continue to arc, and thereby flash, until it completely fails.
The noise is going to be based on the distance you are from the transformer. They can be seen much further then they can be heard.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

i actually know how you feeel..i have witnessed strange blue light flashes thru my curtain and by time i got out of bed they didnt happen again..i was pissed

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread, but here in FL, we get heat lightning. Maybe thats what it was. There is no thunder after seeing the flash.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And just an epilogue to this episode - there are people from DWP (power) working on 2 different transformers on Santa Monica boulevard this morning. Defcon5 was right, apparently! Well done, and thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Marid Audran

I wanted to reply to this thread. It's 3/30/16 2:00am and I just saw exactly what you described here around the same area. I live in the "mid city" area of LA it's between hollywood and santa monica and my apartment faces the hollywood hills. I just saw the same series of flashes with the same timing as you described coming from beyond beverly hills. We have no rain, thunder, or lightning today. 3 sets of flashes in sequence. With a blue / green tint. No sound from the flashes either.

Did you ever find out what caused the flashes?

This isn't the first time I have seen strange lights or flashes from that direction. Just a few months ago I saw a column of light stronger than the luxor light in vegas. It glowed for 20-30 secs at a time then the last column was red then disappeared. I posted to reddit when it happened and no one could explain what it was, or where it came from.

Very strange activity, any insight would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I thought wth is it 1st of April already?

But it is just a new reply in an old thread posted on a previous 1st of April

need coffee... wake up

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi there are two possibilities imo..

It could be a meteorite? Surely you could identify this if it were?

The other is what are called earthquake lights. There is also other phenomena similar to this linked to plate movement. Here's a link explaining this a bit further.poleshift.ning.com...

The Eq lights can be caused by methane release if I recall? There have been dramatic gas releases on the west coast recently, amongst many other incidents pointing to the west coast event being soon-my advice is to leave the west coast!

Here's our culprit at the heart of all the earth changes. Planet X will be here soon get prepared asap!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: Wtfvegas

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join