It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressed Woman Fights to Keep Therapy Kangaroo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
***In my opinion this is a social issue. We need to band together as as society of people to do all we can to help Ms. Carr and Irwin to stay together and to give government notice to stay OUT of peoples lives! These two were meant to be together. Period! Government KEEP OUT!'****

Depressed Woman Fights to Keep Therapy Kangaroo

A woman in Oklahoma suffering from depression has found an unusual therapy pet—a 25-pound, partially paralyzed, one-year-old kangaroo—but city officials are unsure whether to allow her to keep it, reports the AP

To help ease her depression, Christine Carr began volunteering at an animal shelter where she met the baby kangaroo, named Irwin. He was injured a week later after running into a fence, suffering partial paralysis and brain damage. Carr nursed him back to health in her home, and developed a close bond with the animal.

"He is a unique animal due to his disabilities and will require a lifetime of care and concern for his welfare." "Irwin will not live if I have to give him up," Carr said, saying she would rather leave town than give up the kangaroo. "I can't imagine a day living without him."
(Please read the whole article)

Why can’t government just stay the hell out of peoples lives!

This woman is happy - and they'll take that from her - allowing her ‘Irwin’ most likely to die.

I’d hoped - when I first got into the article - this would have a happy ending. I’ll still hope for it. Now, the article mostly just gets me mad.

Time to look around and find out who we can plaster with emails and telephone calls to make sure Irwin stays with the woman who loves him. For both their sakes.

Please people - take a moment and add her on your FB and send her your good wishes! I know ATS is up for it!

Irwin on Face Book

ADDED NOTE: Good Morning America is going to cover this story! GREAT NEWS!

peace

Seattle Times
Care
edit on 2-4-2011 by silo13 because: url fix

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the post. I added her and pray she can keep her baby.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't know about her situation or kangs but they are animals.... and they do not like to be in cage. No human wants that so let it go. Animals need to evolve and so do we. Just think about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The thing abut Irwin being an animal is that he's partially paralyzed and brain damaged., he couldn't survive in the wild. It's like they are keeping each other going. She should be able to keep him. I know how therapeutic pets can be toward humans, the same goes for the reverse. Separating the two would be scarring for both her and Irwin.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

and they do not like to be in cage.

Agreed but he's not in a cage.
She takes him everywhere and he's in diapers.

Ok, not the best for an average animal - but he's anything but average and normal.

He's handicapped and brain damaged and will never reach his full size.

He needs his 'Mom' and I'm sure in her heart he's everything like a child and less an animal.
They need each other and government needs to STAY OUT of IT!

peace and thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

(quoting you, Silo)

government needs to STAY OUT of IT!

because it cannot be said enough!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Yep - Stay out of it - cause if they don't?
One dead human.
One dead Kanga.
NOT good all the way around.
It is fantastic Good Morning America is going to cover their story though - pretty much win win for everyone. I can't see Oklahoma going up against happy happy MSM.

I hope.

peace

Oh and nice dogs!

new topics

top topics

join