It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Company Promises to Give You a Pretend Facebook Girlfriend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Relationship status: virtual.

That's what startup Cloud Girlfriend promises, although your friends on Facebook will never know it. The new Internet company helps guys who aren't ready to admit, at least online, that they don't have a significant other.

The new service allows users to create the perfect girlfriend who will write on your Facebook wall and otherwise make her ghostly presence known through social media.

According to the site, signing up is easy as:

"Step 1: Define your perfect girlfriend. Step 2: We bring her into existence. Step 3: Connect and interact with her publicly on your favorite social network. Step 4: Enjoy a public long distance relationship with your perfect girl."

Click here to visit the site.

Click here to read the article.

I'm not one to judge other people; live and let live! Just think of the fun situations that could arise from having a "virtual" partner. You could make everyone else jealous, but I suppose it would be a bad idea if you were already in a relationship...

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Having a real one is bad enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just wow... Just more fire to the chimney that represents insecurity and external appearance. Facebook is making people more and more shallow and insecure.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Increases social value. When dating new girls it is always good to have comments and other crap loaded on FB by girls you know. There is a night and day difference in how the prospective girls treat you. As long as they see the other girls as competition and not threats.

Good idea, wish I thought of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

my wife isn't gonna like this.....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is a sucker born every minute.
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Are you people serious? Getting a girlfriend is not that hard. Why would you do something like this that will only make you look stupid when it comes out?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I weep for society

2nd

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Random: Hey when can we meet your new girlfirend?

Random2: Wait i'll check if she's online

The side banners are very distracting and colorful

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
well when they start making human clones
that show up at your door ....

that's when I'll sign up.

but who the heck cares if you got a significant
other on a social web site????

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until you get your new girlfriend and she looks like Janet Reno.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I think I'll stick to my hand.

Sometimes, being lonely is a good thing, especially when you see what some couples have to go through. *shudder*

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I say this is great.. get a fake GF let the wife see whats going on, either she gets lost or gets into it . WIN WIN...

and then the pity love you get will be 10 fold because it was all public drama and we know girls love the drama...

I guarantee there will be girls doing this just to keep guys from trolling facebook..

edit on 4/1/2011 by -W1LL because: lolz

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If this is really true then humanity is doomed. The way I see it thought that means more women for other people. Might not be such a bad idea after all.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
the sky is not falling. guys have been lying about such things for quite a while. Girls too. "I have a girlfriend...she just doesnt live around here."......"See these flowers on my desk...they are from my boyfriend." I dont think its about being shallow as not wanting to seem like some pathetic loner or weirdo because you dont buy into the idea that we humans simply MUST pair up! Or due to lack of social skills you simply cant make the whole human connection/dating thing work. Im guessing theres a lot of the latter on this site.

Personally I love solitude but that is after a lifetime is being made to feel like a loser because I liked to go to dinner alone or to the movies even. I could see this coming in handy to keep your coworkers, friends and even family off your back. This kind of thing isnt enough for a gal like me though. I want full on automaton..that way he can pose for pics and I can upload videos of the two of us feeding the ducks.

top topics

join