It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force Veteran refuses to fight an illegal war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
US Air Force Veteran refuses to fight an illegal war.

He says he will no longer support the illegal war,and refuse's to fight anymore,and will not support the murder of innocent humans...

and he says the US are organizing inactive reserve units at the moment in every branch across america,and they are getting ready for something big.

also says he's prepared to be arrested for it.

The pioneers of a warless world are the young men and women who refuse military service..albert einstein
edit on 1-4-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've said it before, I'll say it again...
If theyre ORDERED to duty because they have a service obligation and refuse, they deserve the book thrown at them. End of story.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Does that include actions that go against US constitution? Which is what they swear to uphold.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i agree everyone knows if you join the military your gonna have to kill someone thats what they do

no matter what you think a military is for its to kill your enemy and if you have problems with that then dont join

it is that simple throw the book at him

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I admire people that have the strength of their convictions.
but

He signed up to do a job. If he was that strongly against it, there are ways (in the Army) to voice and address those concerns.
He took none of those options, apparently, so what could have been a productive, educational event turns ugly.

Consider the book thrown.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's easy to 'throw the book at 'em'. The detail's pertaining to this latest thread to 'National Security'. We have been played since 9/11. Blind faith can get you killed. There is more to this (and other service man) than meet's the eye.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't give a dam what uniform they are in...if them come against my family and/or friends they are dead souls..... I can't believe someone here said, Follow any and all order the U.S. government gives......But, it was to be expected I guess with the shills and known trolls here. What are you going to do when they order them to kill YOUR Family????

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Military. The only way to legally kill other human beings.

I'll take the wiser path

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

People, even soldiers, are entitled to opinions. Some differ, but obligations to th military are just a wee bit different that say, shelving books at your local library.

As for killing family members. . . . extreme much?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nothing is extreme on ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
already posted bro

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
he says the US are organizing inactive reserve units at the moment in every branch across america,and they are getting ready for something...so there more going on here..as he also says this is not normal.??

does this mean,they already made there minds up,about grounds troops in force in libya..and its just a case of convinceing the public now.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
already posted bro

oh man..the search on ATS sucks...lol

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

Originally posted by boondock-saint
already posted bro

oh man..the search on ATS sucks...lol

lol, yep it does.
no probs bro.
it happens to me occasionally too
no sweat

most of the time this occurs when 2 different
news sources gig the same story but with
different titles. Most posters just search for keywords
in the title and it gets missed a lot of times.

edit on 4/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Its funny to see how much progress we have made as a race, yet we still believe it is justified to kill simply because we wear uniforms and do so in the name of freedom.

Soldiers do (regrettably) have to pull that trigger sometimes, sacrificing their own humanity so the rest of us can leave in relative safety from outside influences. However there has not been a war since WW2 that has been fought to protect this nation. The military actions that have been implemented by this country since that war have been glorified as humanitarian efforts and police actions, when in fact those are just labels meant captivate the populace of the US and attempt to reach them on an emotional level to sway them in to support. They use false ideology like patriotism and duty to do this.

These brutal dictators that we have fought throughout the years deserved to be removed from power. But we have consistently made a bad situation worse by intervening on sovereign affairs. In some countries people are more afraid of the US coming into their countries and starting war then the dictators that control their lives. Civilian casualties have increased exponentially in the last 60 years growing every war. This has caused the juking of civilian death toll stats on both sides of any conflict (especially on the US side), and the increased implantation of vastly destructive weapons such as the cruise missile, artillery, and aerial bombardment all which cause devastation to the civilian population, and infastructure. We might free these people from their opressors, however we leave behind smoldering ashes.

These weapons that are being used today that I mention above, also have the tendency to remove the soldier firing them from any emotional attachment they could have with their enemy or civilians they kill, due to the fact they don't always actually see the results of the action.

My point is this. I can understand how this man feels. If he does not wish to kill, then the branch of the military that he serves should respond immediately by putting him in a non combat position, or discharging him from service. It is not criminal to not want to kill.

edit on 1-4-2011 by Openeye because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Does that include actions that go against US constitution? Which is what they swear to uphold.
The duty to disobey an unlawful order “applies only to a positive act that constitutes a crime that is so manifestly beyond the legal power or discretion of the commander as to admit of no rational doubt of their unlawfulness.” [United States v. Huet-Vaughn (CAAF, 1995)]

Soldiers cannot refuse deployment.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

This wing-wiper sounds like a drama queen.

He mentions no specific action he thinks might be the reason for this alleged "call up" of inactive reservists, or any other specifics.

While he has the obligation to refuse an unlawful order, he gives no indication or evidence that any such order has or will be issued.

The fact is his ass is on the hook for four years inactive subject to activation at any time.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If you object to war, then DONT ENLIST, chances are if you are in the military, you might go to war, its in the fine print

Frikkin idiots that enlist then cry about having to fulfill an obligation for all the free training and college

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh I agree completely that if you do not wish to kill then don't join the military. However, I do believe it wrong to force someone to kill.

If a man is a marine sniper one day, but the next has a moral conflict that changes his outlook on the taking of human life, is it right for the military to continue to force that man to kill?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe this guy doesn't understand his commitment. He mentioned ONE buddy being called in for ONE day. This happens all the time to members of all branches of military. He's in the IRR(individual ready reserve) and all of us(myself included) had to report for one day(mustering). Basically, you do a little paperwork, BS, play cards, meet with your old bud's, and go home. He's is obviously not too bright if he doesn't understand this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join