It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if evolution has it backwards....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm still trying to get someone of the creationist ilk to answer me this question:

If god did indeed create the universe and all it contains; Who created God, and where did God exist before he created the universe?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar
I'm still trying to get someone of the creationist ilk to answer me this question:

If god did indeed create the universe and all it contains; Who created God, and where did God exist before he created the universe?

God would not be God, if me being a human or evolved monkey , could explain or even know such knowledge.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

Originally posted by FanarFanar

God would not be God, if me being a human or evolved monkey , could explain or even know such knowledge.

That's not an answer. That's your thinly veiled attempt to cover the fact that you don't have an answer.

Anyone else like to give an actual answer? Come on guys... Answers on a postcard.
edit on 2-4-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

Your answer is that it's all Infinite. There is no beginning and there will be no end. God isn't a being. God is all because all is God.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Your answer is that it's all Infinite. There is no beginning and there will be no end. God isn't a being. God is all because all is God.

/Head-desk

You just rehashed what the last guy said. Spouting the religious equivalent of "There is no spoon" isn't an answer.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

God works in mysterious ways FanarFanar. God is eternity and eternity is self-actualization of human spirituality. That is why humans will never know the mind of God, and can never truly associate with his reality.

Except for a few thousand years ago, when he decided to make his presence known by engaging in coitus with a random Mary from the hot, oppressive, desert in the middle east, thus leading to the birth of a man named Jesus who He endowed with all the characteristics of a character rehashed from various myths centuries earlier. And whose ultimate purpose, even after being filtered through about 10,000 different translations spanning thousands of years and thousands of cultures, was to vaguely present a being that once existed that didn't understand basic physics and biology. But was, for the most part, a pretty decent Holy Spirit.

edit on 2-4-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Explain to me which part of what I said was religious. Just because I wrote the word God? God being everything doesn't make God a deity does it? Bang your head a little more because the question you ask will never have a suitable answer that will appease you. Maybe you need to understand the question before looking for an answer.
edit on 2-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Explain to me which part of what I said was religious. Just because I wrote the word God?
Bang your head a little more because the question you ask will never have a suitable answer that will appease you. Maybe you need to understand the question before looking for an answer.
edit on 2-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

What you wrote sounded fairly religious to me. If the idea you were trying to convey didn't have any religious intent, perhaps you should find a better way to express it.

God being everything doesn't make God a deity does it?

Well since the etymology of the word God means supreme being, deity. I'd have to say yes.

Bang your head a little more because the question you ask will never have a suitable answer that will appease you.

You could tell me that God was created by pan galactic hyper dimentional mice, and he lived in a giant teapot in an alternate dimension prior to his creation of the universe. I'd be fairly appeased with that. At least that would be something a bit more substantial that the standard "He has no beginning, and he has no end" claptrap.

As for me needing to understand the question, I understand just fine thanks. Wanting a little genealogical background and a previous address isn't such a hard concept is it?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Fair enough, I see why you would take the word God as a deity. To me God isn't a name as much as a description. Describing what? Religion preaches "God is all knowing, all seeing or all being". Even Religion shows that God isn't tangible as one object. God is the energy of all. Energy is said to never be created and never be destroyed. That is God. If your not comfortable with that its because you have your own word for it and do not use the word "God".

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be arguing with you. I understand the original question you asked. I just answered it in my understanding of it.

When people say "GodD***" (use your imagination) and then someone else corrects them saying "You shouldn't say that!" I can't help but laugh at the whole concept. I wanna say "So you believe your Gods name is "God"?" I never understood that.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
reply to post by arpgme

No such thing as evolution. evolution is nothing more then a fable for the brain disabled.

And snakes talk, right?

<< 1  2   >>

join