It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Traces Found in U.S. Milk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I can see the headlines in the paper
in the future (hypothetically) May 2021

250,000 Cancer Patients sue the EPA and
the US Federal Government for defrauding
the American Public during the 2011 Japan
Nuclear reactor leak by forging radiation levels
and disseminating false information concerning
the health risks associated with the disaster.

EPA Director told this reporter "yes, we lied to
the American Public to protect them from mass
panic and anarchy". This reporter then asked
which death rate was the more acceptable
one, the deaths by anarchy or the deaths
of hundreds of thousands of cancer patients?
To which the EPA Director had no comment.

hypothetical scenario

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Yes, blasting some foodstuffs with fast dispersing radiation is used as an anti bacterial cleansing method sometimes, and of course, that is somewhat disturbing in of itself, but in general terms I agree with your assesment of the situation with regards to the reasoning for the changes they have been making to the safe limits of radiological exposure.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I am bumping any thread that talks about this

For example, a person would be exposed to low levels of radiation on a round trip cross country flight, watching television, and even from construction materials," Patricia Hansen, an FDA senior scientist, said in a written statement distributed by the EPA late Wednesday.

People please understand...........the very comment made in the wsj above is ridiculous..........."Yes" its correct for a "one time exposure"...........

If it’s in the food chain then it’s like taking a cross country flight everyday........and yes its life may only be eight days but it’s still coming................this is not an isolated event............

I just hope the Gov will start handing out "radiation points" for all these radiation miles I will be getting......

Iodine-131 has a half-life of 8 days. That means after 8 days there is half as much. Another 8 days later there will be half as much as that. It could take over a month for it to be mostly gone. That's only iodine-131. They don't talk about cesium which has a half-life of 30 years! It's in there too. And how about uranium, plutonium and strontium? No mention of those.

I have yet to see anyone in the media make the very important distinction between internal ingestion of a radioactive particle and being subject to radiation emitted from a source outside your body. Once one isotope gets inside you it's a whole different game.

Considering that this junk is flying around all over the place now, ingestion is a very strong possibility for anyone in the USA and there is a hush-up about that to the extent of being criminal.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

I agree with your comments.............Criminal "YES"

Knowing the Gov's track record, this was very predictable........

I started this thread on 3/1411 ...........and here we are today...........I fear for all families for tomorrow........

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So the government says alar, dyes, preservatives, fats, second hand smoke, caffiene, salt, red meat are bad for you.

But don't worry about radioactive particles?

Is it me or does anyone else see the disconnect here.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They just haven't fugured out a way to "TAX" the fallout yet

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I tell you what, if the President ever visits any of the areas which have been affected by this "low level" contamination, then you know its fine.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Like eating the Gulf Seafood from the Pacific? Funny one I know......

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I suspect that if they do figure out a way to tax fallout, the revenue generated by that tax won't get into the hands of the victims of fallout. In fact, I guess that it would somehow end up in the nuclear energy industry.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Ooooh daaaaayyyymmmmm.... But yeah you get the irony there right? My advice to anyone living in the areas affected, is to invest in a gieger counter, and a mid ninties science text book, preferably with a focus on either the medical radiology aspect, or on physics and find out from those old tomes what the safe levels were like then, and stick to those guidelines instead.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by TrueBrit

Like eating the Gulf Seafood from the Pacific? Funny one I know......

Lets mix that up a bit and make the daily dinner special "Gulf/Pacific seafood food platter with free reactor well drinks" Might just throw in some cheese sticks from contaminated west coast milk. And why not include a free "glow in the dark" radium toy for kids under 12 years old.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Okay. IRS agents WITH geiger counters. My wife is going to be angry with the mess I just made in my shorts.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
ACtually they do blast some stuff with radiation as a atibactirail method of removing ecoli.

I guess I could have worded it better.

But the did raise the limit to what is acceptable.
You're very confused.

They blast it with gamma rays.

You can measure the food after they blast it with gamma rays. There is no radiation in the food from the gamma ray exposure. Zero. It's a totally different type of radiation that doesn't have any half life and doesn't linger. It's like a more powerful version of X-rays. Turn it on, it zaps. Turn it off, it stops zapping. The kind of radiation we're worried about from Fukushima has no power switch like the gamma rays do.

And so far you're also wrong about Fukushima being the worst disaster, Chernobyl was far worse, at least so far. Fukushima could still get worse, but it will have to get a lot worse to be as bad as Chernobyl.

And your title still needs fixing, should have the word "limits" in there or something.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
They are saying radioactivity in the milk in the West states, USA Washington State etc. and they have a Dr. on saying not to worry its safe.

I think I would take Vit. D tablets instead of drink the milk you never can trust what they say these days because tomorrow they might just say something different.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Berkeley tested milk at 18.9 pCi/L of I -131 versus the Washington result of 0.8 pCi/L. Since the media seems to be defining these reports in terms of magnitudes, they should report the Berkeley result as 24 times more radioactive than the Washington milk - but they probably won't report it at all.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

For example, a person would be exposed to low levels of radiation on a round trip cross country flight, watching television

TV's?????
Ummmm, that is so incorrect, unless your using a very old cathode ray tube TV.
OMG! What an idiot. Where are they getting this old info from? There is a perfect example of why no one should take their word for anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
No offense intended but our practice is to use the actual source headline when submitting news to this forum.

Contact me if you have any questions.

MM

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Since this thread is a duplicate, it is now closed.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion(s).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join