It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmers and Seed Producers Launch Preemptive Strike against Monsanto

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Check this out: Millions against Monsanto video

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

This is a good news piece for those of us who care about organic foods. Monsanto has for far too long been wrecking the small farmer with law suits. This preemptive strike should curtail those efforts if successful. Best of luck to them in their suit because if they do not prevail organic farming might be doomed.

www.cornucopia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is good news for everybody because everyone is affected, even those who are not strictly organic. Monsanto will control ALL seed. My dad used his own seeds to plant the fields from crops he grew. This is what Monsanto is trying to end.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My mom (an organic farmer) has been openly speaking out against Monsanto for years and years.
There were some rumblings about them wanting to sue her because of her organic produce, but...and this is where my mom really shines...her entire farm is considered protected land by the state.
No one can touch her.
She's been teaching organic farming techniques for over a decade and she gives lectures through her local Co-operative Extension.
She's a cancer survivor, so she takes her organic farming and anti-chemical company views very seriously.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

I think more farmers are going organic now days. I wish we could help them in their 3 year transition period with transitional labeling. If we could take the price of organics compared to chemical farming and split it into a 3 tier system where the crop would be more expensive by 1/3 for each of the 3 years to full organic certification it would help more farmers make the switch.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

"Organic" is only more 'expensive' in comparison to government-subsidized agribusiness.

If you want organics to be as affordable as 'conventional' lobby to have Organic farmers receive comparable gov't subsidies.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

I wish we had more people like your mom. Thank her for me please and send her my admiration and respect.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
we need a little more than lawsuits we need a bit more of awareness we need emails phone calls petitions and pressure on the senate and congress for the deregulation of g.e. third party scientific investigation and litigation proceedings to rid this cancer from our food chain

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverLose

I agree that we need to bring every bit of heat to bear on them. These companies are not thinking like humans but act more like a cancer or malignancy so perhaps they produce the fruits of their labor and they are cancer and disease from the highest posts in government regulation service to the scientist working on these monster gene products. We need to make the individuals working in this area personally liable for these monster gene products. We should also go after institutions that are in support of these people. Many universities and even the Nobel foundation are involved in this research.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Where can someone like me either find or buy natural seeds to grow fruits and vegtables? I fear that if I just go out and buy some it will have chemicals in it

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AIC4ME
Where can someone like me either find or buy natural seeds to grow fruits and vegtables? I fear that if I just go out and buy some it will have chemicals in it

if seeds are 'certified organic' they are not GMO.

There are several brands available, find one based in your region.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

i hate to sound like the guy 'just getting into this' but ... mansanto has PATENTS on PLANT SEEDS?

suddenly the reason to genetically modify food makes ALOT of sense!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join