It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***NEW INFO*** Comet ELEnin, Honda, and NOW A 3rd COMET LEVY!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It Looks like three comets are headed our way this year!

Just as I find out about Honda, I hear about LEVY!?!

apparently fragments of this comet hit jupiter some years back creating awsome visuals for those able to observe...

^^^^^^^^^
EDIT*** This thread is not about this Comet thanks to another post!

Here is the Info on The one featured in the simulation below..
LEVY
It comes within 0.213 AU of earth on 25th January 2012
Anyway here she is....LEVY

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7fdca0e79b5.jpg[/atsimg]

Check out the simulation here: elenin.org...

edit on 30-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's an asteroid named 2005 YU55.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

In the first image it looks like Elenin is going to hit Mercury
Do you/anyone think NASA has found Levy? They probably have because they have this system that looks for N.E.O.s They are near Earth objects, so yeah.... I think they do....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
all these new comets magically appearing of late is starting to make me worry.

what if they arent comets, but in fact moons? theres no real information on any of these comets appear, so anything is possible. i think our binary star maybe floating around, sending either comets at us or its nibiru's moons/planetoids

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

I thought that too. But then again. It's only a diagram made by a human being. It will prob miss mercury by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I seem to remember the Shoemaker-Levy9 comet getting broke up and all of them smashing into Jupiter in a cataclysm that would have destroyed earth.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Me thinks this is just more cover for Wormwood and whatever that Brown dwarf star is dragging with it. NASA is and has been lying through their teeth over Elein or whatever they call it today.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

watch that video, it shows only FRAGMENTS hitting while the main body is glowing HUGE and bright in the distance...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thats a HUGE comet then, it goes behind the Jupiter and it looks big, need more info asap

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Shoemaker-Levy 9 was completely destroyed when it collided with Jupiter. Before that it was trapped in orbit for at least a few years. This is one of the other Shoemaker-Levy comets. I however am having trouble coming up with which of the other eight this one is. Whatever one it is, it is a periodic comet, along with Honda, that has passed Earth numerous times before.

EDIT: Correction. This has nothing to be with Shoemaker-Levy. Levy was not even involved with the discovery in 2006. Here is the information on it.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

Here is the JPL info for the P/2006 T1 Levy comet. There were 7 total but this one is the one that matches the orbit referenced to elenin in the OP's link.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

From July 16 through July 22, 1994, pieces of an object designated as Comet P/Shoemaker-Levy 9 collided with Jupiter. This is the first collision of two solar system bodies ever to be observed, and the effects of the comet impacts on Jupiter's atmosphere have been simply spectacular and beyond expectations. Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 consisted of at least 21 discernable fragments with diameters estimated at up to 2 kilometers.

The image was taken with the HST's Wide Field/Planetary Camera, when the comet was at a distance of about 160,000,000 kilometres from Earth.

In this 4-second exposure of the comet, taken through an infrared filter, most of what can be seen is sunlight reflected from solid grains of cometary dust, carried outward by gas expanding from the icy nucleus as it is warmed by the Sun. The resulting 'coma' is brightest in a fan-shaped region on the sunlit side of the nucleus.

The image has been computer processed to provide good visibility of the central condensation of the coma. The central region is enlarged four-fold In the picture on the right side.

new topics

top topics

join