It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal Brain Disease Spreads in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
CJD is a prion borne disease caused by consuming cow brains I believe. It is what is called "mad cow disease" I am involved in the health industry so I am familiar with it.

Proteins have an optimal ph and temperature at which their conformation works best. Heat will most definitely destroy it.
edit on 30-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
CJD is a prion borne disease caused by consuming cow brains I believe. It is what is called "mad cow disease" I am involved in the health industry so I am familiar with it.

Proteins have an optimal ph and temperature at which their conformation works best. Heat will most definitely destroy it.
edit on 30-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Your statements are pure horsepoop.

Check out a few of the links provided, to start your education.

Ed to add:

I'm totally horrified that you're trying to spread such disinformation. Here are a few bits for your edification.

It's hard to "kill" something that's not "alive" - and in general, new 'exposures' just cause prions to mutate into new strains. …For your info:

Literature Reports of PHYSICAL SUSCEPTIBILITY for Prion Protein

In general TSE agents are much more resistant than are conventional infectious agents, such as bacteria and viruses, to heat, ultraviolet radiation, ionizing radiation and microwave irradiation.

environmental insults, either physical (heat, pressure, radiation) or chemical (heavy metals, arsenate, toxins), also cause proteins to misfold into toxic shapes.

edit on 30/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Imagine a doctor giving a person's wife the bad news that he just died from a fatal brain disease because the cost of replacing scalpels which would prevent the spread of that brain disease adds up over time. Sounds pretty messed up to me, I don't think hospitals are there to care about saving a few nickels and dimes, they're there to save people's lives and keep us healthy.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
An email back from the Douglass report, and I'll update to this thread if new info arrives.

Date: 4/1/2011
Account No: xxx
Dear xxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We love to hear from our readers and encourage your feedback. I have forwarded your information along to our editorial department for further consideration and possible inclusion in a future newsletter. Please be advised that due to the large volume of correspondence we receive, we are unable to provide answers to individual questions outside of the newsletter.

Our goal is to provide you with excellent customer service. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to visit our website at www.douglassreport.com/frequently-asked-questions/.

Sincerely,
Pat Goodman

Customer Care Representative

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join