It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons - I have a few questions.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Your questions are useless as freemasons cant tell you the truth as you are not one of them, check out this website hopefully you see the truth www.ephesians5-11.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SickOfLies

For someone who reails about secrecy, the "network" sure doesn't come out well when someone looks a little closer.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I also recommend watching The Arrivals, although I do not agree with all of it there are some vary valid points. If Freemasons are "evil" as some would say, they would not openly tell the public nor tell lower ranking members that could get spooked by it all and leave or worse yet expose them for what they are, what they really do and control. I do not claim to know all about them as it is only recently a friend showed me some things and opened my eyes to this side of freemasons. I have always told friends and family I believe there is a group/cult/organisation, whatever you want to call it, that are running literally the world and most things in it. I never knew who but now i believe it is the freemasons. Its up to you all to make up your own mind.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Was Jesus a Freemason?

Was John the Baptist a Freemason?

Is John the Baptist Patron Saint of the masons?

Did John, cousin to Jesus, induct or baptize Jesus in the order of the Freemasons?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantien

-no

-no

-apparently yes, for Catholics to my understanding. Which is strange because Catholics are excommunicated from the RCC if they are masons. But they really don't enforce excommunication these days

-no

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
Was Jesus a Freemason?

No; Freemasonry dates to the 9th century AD/CE at the earliest. He may, however, have been an Essene, with whom we have some degree of likeness.

No, but the same applies if I'm not wrong.

Lodges in a few countries still working Preston's version of Masonic ritual, the US being a prominent example, are dedicated to the Holy Saints John (John the Baptist and John the Evangelist), and are referred to as the patron saints of Freemasonry. Here's a bit of text from the Preston Lectures explaining it:

"Q. Why were the lodges dedicated to St. John the Baptist?"
"A. Because he was the forerunner of our Saviour, and by preaching repentance and humiliation, drew the first parallel of the Gospel."
"Q. Had St. John the Baptist any equal?"
"A. He had; St. John the Evangelist."
"Q. Why was he said to be the equal of the Baptist?"
"A. Because he finished by his learning what the other began by his zeal, and thus drew a second line parallel to the former; ever since which time Freemason's lodges in all Christian countries, have been dedicated to the one, or the other, or both of these worthy and worshipful men."

As the embedded link will explain, this is not true of countries where a more non-sectarian ritual predates or has succeeded Preston's heavily Christianized work.

Did John, cousin to Jesus, induct or baptize Jesus in the order of the Freemasons?

No.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
Was Jesus a Freemason?

Unknown. He was generally believed to have been a carpenter, but the word thus translated literally means "builder", and could possibly have meant "mason".

Probably not, although he was an Essene, which was a semi-secret society similar in many ways to Freemasonry.

John the Baptist is the patron saint of stone cutters, whereas John the Evangelist is the patron saint of masonry.

No, but possibly into the Essenes, which could be characterized as the "Freemasonry of that place and era".

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
my grandfather has a plaque in a museum in palm springs dedicated to him for being the first son to be born into the masons in palm springs,calif.-----whatever that means can anyone tell me??

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thank you for the EMFJ advertisement.

I've said this before, but I will say it here. I find it funny that you say "lower ranking members" don't know what is going in "higher levels", but yet you early cited EFMJ who is composed of men that by your very definition would fall into your definition of a "lower ranking". Very ironic and hypocritical of how you pick-and-choose your sources.

This "friend", was he a Freemason? I love how all these anti-Masons always say "they know a guy" or "my grandpa was a Mason and he said...".

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rochelleleesmith

Do you happen to have a photo of this plaque? You're right about it being unusual--there's no such thing as being "born into" Freemasonry, as it is open only to men aged 18-21 based on the jurisdiction.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am interested in becoming a freemason myself but i am having difficulty in finding a sponsor in AZ (phoenix area). Can anyone recommend or refer me to someone? I would greatly appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

LMAO! ive talked to masons from the red lodge and they tell a very different story, they have told me there are many things they cant talk about because they take oaths to the order.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stayundertheradar

LMAO! ive talked to masons from the red lodge and they tell a very different story, they have told me there are many things they cant talk about because they take oaths to the order.

LMAOT! WTF is a Red Lodge?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
WTF is a Red Lodge?
York Rite...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

what is the reasoning behind that?

And is there some designation for the Scottish Rite as well?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoRupT
I am interested in becoming a freemason myself but i am having difficulty in finding a sponsor in AZ (phoenix area). Can anyone recommend or refer me to someone? I would greatly appreciate it.

Arizona Grand Lodge

9 Lodges in Phoenix

How to Join

Sounds like the Grand Lodge of Arizona has a pretty good handle on things. The start their information with these important things you should know before deciding to join Freemasonry. This is a very succinct and informational read. It sounds like a great state to be a Mason.

Here are a few important things you should know and consider before applying to join the Masonic Fraternity.

Masonry has in all ages insisted that men shall come to its doors entirely of their own free will; not from feelings of curiosity, but from a favorable opinion of the Institution and a desire to be numbered among its members.

Freemasonry is a fraternity which teaches ethics and morality. Although it is not in any sense a religion or a substitute for religion, we do require that men who join believe in God and in the brotherhood of man. No atheist can become a Mason.

Although we require that a member believe in God, we never try to tell a man how he should conceive of God, what faith he should practice or what worship he should follow. Those are questions of individual conscience, and the member must find those answers within his own faith. Masonry has for its foundation the great principles of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man.

Freemasonry distinguishes between patriotism and partisanship. While patriotism is encouraged as an essential virtue both within and without the Lodge, no partisan or political discussion is allowed within the Lodge.

The essential purpose of Freemasonry is the further development of the individual Mason as an honest, ethical, moral, sincere, caring and charitable man, learning more about his own potential as a human being and developing his intellectual and spiritual character. A man should never enter the Fraternity in the hope of making business connections or for any other sort of professional or monetary gain. If he does, he will be disappointed, for they will not be found there. What he will find is a group of like-minded men, who are willing to treat him as a Brother and share in a deep and rewarding fellowship with him. He will find true friends and life-long companions.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

what is the reasoning behind that?
Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you, since I haven't joined the York Rite myself. But the building I meet in has both "red" and "blue" rooms (though neither color is necessarily present in either). The red lodge has a tile floor so the Commandery can do their military-style drill work.

And is there some designation for the Scottish Rite as well?
I'm not aware of a particular color designation.

If I find out more, I'll let you know.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I think it is because they wear red hats?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

York rite and Scottish Rite appendent bodies are both referred to as "Red Lodges" as I recall. I am in a hurry and don't have time to verify and source.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join