It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our goal/purpose in life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What purpose? There is no purpose other than to pro-create and breed a new generation of viruses on this planet. We can sing romantic gospels all of our lives, but we shall, like those who chose not to sing, die from the same soil we all were born.

Deep

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Our one and Only Purpose: Species Survival

The main purpose of a human in life is to simply pass the genetic seed with another purpose of good genetics (smart, attractive, atheletic, skillful etc) and help keep the human race alive. It's a survival instinct in all animals, and asmuch as we would like to believe we are above animals, we follow the same purpose: Survival of the Species.

Goodness, I can't have children, my life is meaningless!

WHAT ABOUT ME? Where is my purpose, my meaning - am I just a useless blob?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
i believe that we are all here for our own individual purposes. why i am personally here for i have yet to figure out unfortunately. hopefully i'm here for something meaningfull.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I believe it goes something like this:
God was heartbroken when His Bright Shining Star, Satan, became jealous of the love and unfettered adoration that all beings bestowed on God. So Satan turned against Him and grew to despise Him and all His holy ways. As a result of losing His beloved Satan, God decided that all of His children should be given the choice to be with Him or to follow the ways of Satan...kind of like the saying:
"If you love somebody, Set them free...
If they come back, they're Yours,
If they don't, they never were...."

So I believe our purpose in this life is to choose our ultimate destiny. God loves us all so much, He has given us the freedom to choose for ourselves.

I imagine its painful for God knowing that by giving us all choice, many people will deny Him, deny ever knowing Him, will choose to follow Satan's path and, therefore, will ultimately be the masters of their own demise. But nevertheless, He loves us so much that He has given us the freedom to choose our fates.

So if viewed in this light, I would have to say that our purpose here is a powerful one, precious in every regard.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have one thought on the meaning of life. This isn't my main belief, but one of many.

We are put here as influences. We live our lives, influence the ones around us, and then they influence the ones they know. Your impression on the world will have a rippling effect on futures generations, however small that effect may be(and good or bad effect). Eventually these ripples will begin to affect more and more people. This I believe might utimately influence one key time in our history. One generation may finally come to realize everyone one in the past, and their affect. Then maybe war will disappear... and many other things that can be avoided.

Again, this is only one of my thoughts on the matter. I kinda doubt this theory myself, but I'd just like to tell it to somebody.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Our purpose? It's very simple.

To love God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength in this life
so we can be happy with him in the next.

That's from the Catholic Childrens Catechism.
Very simple. But not so easy sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Possibly a chemical reaction that decided to start interacting and possibly became aware of its surroundings.
Possibly in some sense everything is alive and aware already.
Possibly life is unique to well life and not material.

The purpose seems to me to hold on to it, life that is.
To take as much as possible from it.
To share it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join