It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse expected!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ever hear of harmonics??? Go read up on some of the stuff Tesla did with vibrations or in SIMPILETON terms waves. Then tell me it couldn't have an effect.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
reply to post by kro32

lol you sound like your some know-it-all, do you really think this planet and its plates are held together by a liquid core? how do u know that this might just be something to look into? Scientist are discovering new things all the time, things that they never thought could be possible, u should refraise

Yes I do know quite alot about this and the inner core is solid by the way..the outer core is liqued

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Without a link to the source or more information this does not tell anyone much. For all I can glean a Sudden Impulse might be as dangerous as a feather falling from the sky on my head.

I've seen enough "Chicken Little" the sky is falling posts to last me a while. How about some information to go with this post?

Could you also direct me to the studies linking a "Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse" to Earthquakes? Any paper from a good source would do, although peer reviewed, published papers would be better. If it's covered in another thread, a link to that would be appreciated.

He can't link any because there are no studies...it's complete hogwash. There is 100% absolutely no way a geomagnetic sudden impulse could trigger an earthquake...ever.

Once again someone is trying to freak people out..these posts are really getting annoying. Maybe the mods could make a new section called the uneducated earthquake doom scenarios or something.

I sure do hope your right, but I did find an article about how magnetic storms could possibly trigger earthquakes. I posted it on this forum above.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Here's some evidence:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

LOL wow and you proved you listened in earth science back in the 8th grade you sure do know a lot. Why don't you post some proof that we're all wrong and that this will have no effect ie. earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
reply to post by kro32

Ever hear of harmonics??? Go read up on some of the stuff Tesla did with vibrations or in SIMPILETON terms waves. Then tell me it couldn't have an effect.

I highly doubt tesla moved something the size of a plate and even if he could get harmonics that powerful the plates are not going to vibrate because they are floating on the aethenosphere which is a soft-solid which would act like a shock absorber....step outside the box and think a bit

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It's all about scale...Tesla used a tiny device to shake a huge skyscraper. I guess if he had something like well THE SUN maybe he coulda made the plates quake...When you can come prove that it's not possible with some fact based evidence and links I'll laugh about this idea with you until then I'll just ignore ya you are bringing nothing to the thread and I'd like to stop wasting bandwidth responding to you...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

OK that's an easy answer..

The Plates float on molten liquid matter (rock, metals and god knows what else), and the Earths core also rotates within that.. it generates a huge magnetic field within the earth and around it..

When a solar storm hits us, it may interact with the magnetic field, causing the core and mantle to move or vibrate, which causes movement in the plates..

Just a guess, but it's an explanation..

Now you tell us how it isn't possible..lol
edit on 3/30/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It seems that solar storms possibly might give the final bit of force that could affect the tipping point of a faultline in distress through resonance or some such chain reaction of energy through connecting mediums... it certainly isn't impossible, just improbable.
It's only recently that some geologists have admitted the possibility that chains of quakes on different faults might be connected and in the larger view we know squat, so... I reserve judgement until more data is available, meaning I predict nothing until it happens as my hindsight isn't even 20-20.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Just ignore him you can't talk sense into a closed mind.

Keep the updates comin

edit on 30-3-2011 by ThePowerThatIs because: because

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by kro32

OK that's an easy answer..

The Plates float on molten liquid matter and the Earths core also rotates within that.. it generates a huge magnetic field within the earth..

When a solar storm hits us, it can interact with the Core and the outer mantle and cause is to wobble or something which causes a disruption in the plates themselves...

Just a guess, but it's an explanation..

Now you tell us how it isn't possible..lol

A solar storm will not make the core wobble lol, We are constantly sending waves through the earth for various reasons that's how we know the outer core is liqued and the inner core is solid. You would have to take the equivelant of a sledgehammer to the core to get it out of place far enough for it to make a difference...some solar waves are not gonna do that.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I can tell you how....suppose these two plates that have been pushing together for a while get smacked with a wave...its like smacking a gong...the plate becomes a giant tuning fork...and viola! The spots where the plates were hung up on shatter (as a glass will that is in tune with the tuning fork when you bring it close to it) and the plate pops forward...aka earthquake...I have actually read quite a bit about it over the years. Have you read anything about it or even tried to? Or do you not understand how one could affect the other? Did I shed a little light on why the two could be connected? It does not mean that an earthquake will happen every time this happens, but it makes the possibility of one happening go up...another example is setting a glass on top of a speaker and turning the volume way up...you can put the glass in the center of the top, but the glass will vibrate and eventually fall off the top of the speaker....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePowerThatIs
reply to post by kro32

Keep the updates comin

Funny how the op offers not one shred of proof and you drool over him..guess you are the ones with the closed mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome
reply to post by kro32

I can tell you how....suppose these two plates that have been pushing together for a while get smacked with a wave...its like smacking a gong...the plate becomes a giant tuning fork...and viola! The spots where the plates were hung up on shatter (as a glass will that is in tune with the tuning fork when you bring it close to it) and the plate pops forward...aka earthquake...I have actually read quite a bit about it over the years. Have you read anything about it or even tried to? Or do you not understand how one could affect the other? Did I shed a little light on why the two could be connected? It does not mean that an earthquake will happen every time this happens, but it makes the possibility of one happening go up...another example is setting a glass on top of a speaker and turning the volume way up...you can put the glass in the center of the top, but the glass will vibrate and eventually fall off the top of the speaker....

Yes the glass may fall off the speaker but notice how your house hasn't moved? The amount of power it would take to move plates around would be so insanely high that a triggered earthquake would be the last of our problems...odds are we would be toast before that happened

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by ThePowerThatIs
reply to post by kro32

Keep the updates comin

Funny how the op offers not one shred of proof and you drool over him..guess you are the ones with the closed mind.

Hit a solid object with a hammer and what happens then.. ?

Maybe it cannot be displaced but it can vibrate..

If I remember correctly, the core is thought to be a solid ball of Iron..

Iron is a metal I believe, however your much smarter than me so you might know better.. Maybe it's made of candy floss..

Iron reacts to magnetic forces and to being hit by a sledge hammer in the manner of vibrations.. Vibrations which could resonate through the mantle and into the crust and released at the edges of the plates.

Mostly harmless I would expect, unless one particular spot is already slightly unstable and ready to go, the vibrations could trigger an event..

I dunno, some people just think they're rocket scientists and nobody else is (including real rocket scientists) and they will always be right, no matter even if in the end they're proven wrong....lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Is that how we know the core is a LIQUID...that's the correct spelling by the way...we send waves through the earth? Um...well...that's wrong first of all... The following is taken from my text book of my current class as I am a geophysics major...they looked at seismic waves from earthquake sensors...that's how they know...not sending waves through, dear

How was the Earth's core discovered? Recordings of seismic waves from earthquakes gave the first clue. Seismic waves will bend and reflect at the interfaces between different materials, just like the prism below refracts and scatters light waves at its faces.

In addition, the two types of seismic wave behave differently, depending on the material. Compressional P waves will travel and refract through both fluid and solid materials. Shear S waves, however, cannot travel through fluids like air or water. Fluids cannot support the side-to-side particle motion that makes S waves.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

OMG Kro...no...the glass is the plate...and noticed it vibrated around....the size of the sun vs. the size of the earth..take another bong hit...maybe you'll get it...

Oh yeah...if you turn the speaker loud enough...it will shake the house...sorry neighbors..

edit on 30-3-2011 by restlessbrainsyndrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Sorry to butt in guys... but I am in need of experts in computer programming (familiarity with artificial neural networks is a plus.)

I also need your expertise in gathering and organizing data...

It's for this thread:

You guys want to really predict earthquakes? Use an A.N.N. (Artificial Neural Network)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You will need to convert to GMT London Time

edit on 30-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I find it quite fun reading you guys bitc> about one anothers pov

what is the world without freedom of speech and opinion

i am keeping an open mind on this topic

NZPR

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join