It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse expected!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingkiwi

John Campbell doesn't seem to think so lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Omg. HAARP is an excellent example of causing earthquakes. Especially when you mess with the ionosphere and shoot waves into it.

Just because you do something to a certain area of the world doesn't mean it is limited to that area. You could heat up the ionosphere in Cali and have devastating effects across the world.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
With great respect, earthquakes are not only caused by gradual earth movements of the plates.

For example, in Switzerland hot rock energy explorations had to be stopped because drilling was causing earthquakes and damaging many buildings.

WE can cause earthquakes by our activities.

For example, if a country were to explode a nuclear device in a deep sea trench, they might cause and almighty earth changing earthquakes and tsunami.

If the plates were to be vibrated using waves bounced off the ionosphere at a regularly increasing frequency.

So, if we can cause quakes, think what a huge magnetic storm might do with the sun overacting and the magnetic pull of our very magnetic world.

Birds react to changes in magnetism and magnetic field.

During the last earthquake in our area, we were awoken by our parrots about five minutes before the quake began. They were going 'mad' in their cages and I got up to see what was up with them when the quake happened. They were very unsettled for several hours afterwards and I had to stay close to them all night....and they were still very edgy.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Elliot because: spelling

Absolutely humans can cause earthquakes and have in the past but on a small scale. The op is attributing this sudden impulse to a big quake in california which just isn't plausible. The amount of energy it would take to move the pacific plate is beyond comprehension really, and if there was such a force exerted on it from the sun there would be no humans left alive to feel the effects of an earthquake.

Yes we don't know everything in the world but there's really little doubt about why or how earthquakes happen in the scientific community. I could possible see this as a likelyhood if an earthquake was so close to happening it just needed one little tiny thing to set it off then it might be possible. But if it's that close to happening than it's gonna happen anyways regardless.

Nothing is going to cause an earthquake before it's near ready to go. If some gigantic force is able to take two plates and just slam them together, which some of you seem to think, then the whole world is over with anyways.
There is absolutely no evidence that a big earthquake is about to happen in california.

For every chart someone can bring up showing why an earthquake is about to happen I could bring up 2 that shows it's not. But really this is a conspiracy site and not a scientific one so i'll let you guys go ahead and have your fun...this reminds me alot of the y2k fear stuff going on at that time hehe

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
4.6 earthquake, Chiapas, Mexico. Mar 30 3:45am at epicenter (24m ago) j.mp...

They are coming...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
California will have an earthquake tomorrow in the range of 6.0 to 9.0 maybe even higher than 9.0. If they don't then I'm wrong. I don't make predictions but I have a true gut feeling that it will happen tomorrow and it will either be some phenomena that caused it or it will be HAARP that causes the earthquake without warning.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by OldCorp

Induction Magnetometer

I monitor it every day and have only seen a few slight, practically unnoticeable spikes these last two weeks. It should be noted that for the Japan quake, the magnetometer was in overdrive for at least a week before the quake, constantly pounding it up until the day of the actual quake on March 11.

Thank you very much. Star for you, bookmark for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
hum arizona bay?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by OldCorp

Induction Magnetometer

I monitor it every day and have only seen a few slight, practically unnoticeable spikes these last two weeks. It should be noted that for the Japan quake, the magnetometer was in overdrive for at least a week before the quake, constantly pounding it up until the day of the actual quake on March 11.

Thank you very much. Star for you, bookmark for me.

This is very odd, it seems that when I attempt to visit the 2 dates recommended as examples of
interesting magnetic activity, it reads " No data available...." strange considering that the website
itself linked the data on those dates.

Example 1

Example 2

What are they hiding?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This link is for a graph of all the earthquakes in california and Nevada in the past week, day, and hour. Check it out. It's the most current map as of now

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

I noticed this too the other day. That is, I tried looking at some major earthquake events pre-07 and kept getting that error. I didn't do much looking into it since I had little time, but it is suspicious regardless.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Analysis of the 2007 M5.4 Alum Rock earthquake
near San Jos´e California showed that magnetic pulsations
were present in large numbers and with significant
amplitudes during the 2 week period leading up the event.
These pulsations were 1–30 s in duration, had unusual polarities
(many with only positive or only negative polarities
versus both polarities), and were different than other pulsations
observed over 2 years of data in that the pulse sequence
was sustained over a 2 week period prior to the quake, and
then disappeared shortly after the quake
[\quote]

And...

A number of papers have reported various electromagnetic
signals being detected prior to large earthquakes. These include
the M7.0 Loma Prieta, Ca. quake in 1989 (Fraser-
Smith, 1990, 1991), Izu Islands earthquake swarm, Japan
(Hattori, 2004), and theM5.4 Alum Rock, Ca. quake in 2007
(Bleier, 2009). In addition, work has evolved trying to explain
the underlying physics involved with these electromagnetic
signals. Two theories have been cited recently. The
first is based on the release of Radon gas prior to the earthquake,
which may then cause air conductivity changes, latent
heat/IR signatures, and ionospheric changes (Liu, 2004;
Ouzounov, 2007). The second theory is based on semiconductor
physics, and cites the existence of stress-induced mobile
charge carriers (p-holes) in the rock structure that cause
active current pulses within rocks, corresponding magnetic
pulsations, air conductivity changes near the ground, Infra
Red (IR) signatures within a wider area, and Total Electron
Content (TEC) changes in the ionosphere above the epicenter [\quote]

SOURCE LIST: www.quakefinder.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
its apparently a magnetical storm warning.... not so good for nasa and asaf, should be fine for everyone else though,

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The graphs point to a real low point in +2.5 magnitude earthquakes at the moment.

Either the area is calming down in high magnitude quakes or it's getting ready for major push.The most interesting is the American region which has a real high point a few days ago and it's massively decreased in the last few days.

Sunspot levels are also increasing over the last number of days.

quakes.worldwatcher.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Not sure if its been posted yet - but on the point of the realtime magnetosphere simulation on www2.nict.go.jp... - that simulation isnt necessarily from today, it was from when the power went out, the time stamp changes time everytime you refresh the page to the current UTC time. So that page could be old?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...

This is exactly what was happening to the mag field b4 the quake. It has dipped way south over the pass few hours.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pieinthesky

Not a chance. If you look at the dates you see that the date is today. It normally updates every 5 mins or so.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Space Weather Message Code: WARK04
Serial Number: 1704
Issue Time: 2011 Mar 30 0052 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 4 expected
Valid From: 2011 Mar 30 0055 UTC
Valid To: 2011 Mar 30 0900 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset

Watch for the K-4 warning over the next few hours. If the warning goes from level 4 to level 5, watch for bird and fish deaths to begin popping up again. Also as this magnetic field is streched, the side of earth facing the sun is exposed to higher levels of radiation, punching through the atmosphere.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Above the image it says : "The simulation has been stopped due to power outage."

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pieinthesky

OMG IT IS UPDATING STILL!!!!! Every 10 mins! EEEEEEKKK!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel007

Watch for the K-4 warning over the next few hours. If the warning goes from level 4 to level 5, watch for bird and fish deaths to begin popping up again. Also as this magnetic field is streched, the side of earth facing the sun is exposed to higher levels of radiation, punching through the atmosphere.

Please don't just make stuff up.

None of what you said above is accurate in any way whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join