It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird this morning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So I wake up this morning to a sound coming from downstairs. I laid in bed and kept wondering where the sound was coming from. Five high toned Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep followed by Five Lower toned ones then they repeated. I wasn't dreaming. I got up after listening to it for a while, and peeked downstairs (I was a little freaked). As soon as I peeked around the corner, it stopped. I wouldn't think this too unusual, but about two months ago I woke up in the middle of the night to a bright blue light shining downstairs. Weirded out, I too, peeked downstairs in the same manner as this morning. As soon as I peeked it disappeared.

Anyone else have anything remotely similar happen? Is my place haunted or something? My dog wasn't freaking out or anything, so I'm at a loss to explain what happened.
edit on 29-3-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by croweboy

WOW that is weird,
someone posted ghost text, i wonder what it was meant to say !

sorry i jumped the gun ! and that certainly does sound strange but i have not had any experience with this sort of thing.
edit on 29-3-2011 by tokzik because: The text appeared

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tokzik

Hmm that is wierd didnt expect to see. BLANK BLANK lol

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tokzik

Blah, fat fingers hit the enter button too soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

lol Dont worry, It happens trust me

Anyway back on topic that is quite wierd. Had something similar happen to me a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Check the batteries in your smoke/radon detector.

Happened to me a few weeks ago.

Edit....the beeping that is...no clue on the blue light.
edit on 29-3-2011 by XKrossX because: Edit listed in text

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TIMEZaCHANGIN

Any conclusions? I very well could be going crazy.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XKrossX

Smoke detector not hooked up (cooking sets it off too often). No radon detector or Carbon Monoxide detector either.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Well 2 suggestions really from my own experience, dont worry unless it happens again if it does and you think its a spirit maybe. Just confront it in a firm voice. Be nice and explain you live hear and that they can stay as long as they want etc....it worked for me. Had the odd thing fall over but after that it never happend again.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TIMEZaCHANGIN

Not sure I'm afraid of a spirit, but if its a destructive spirit, Ill definitely give that a try. Might have to set up a tape recorder or something to see if I'm just seeing things or if something is happening.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

*batteries not included

keep an eye out for innocent little saucers in your kitchen

I kid, I have no idea what that could be

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not trying to claim your incident wasn't real, but as another poster said I would check the smoke detectors and radon detectors if only to rule them out as the cause. The best way to investigate a haunting or other phenomenon is to go about it from a skeptic standpoint. Look for every logical explanation first before you jump to OMG It's a ghost!!

Anyway good luck with that and would love to hear more about this one after you have checked things out. The blue light thing is a bit odd, could it have been headlights from a car reflecting off something blue in a window maybe? I don't know just guessing for a possible explanation,.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Ive ruled all those out, smoke detector CO detector and Radon Detector. My condo has one smoke detector I unhooked about a year ago (its in the closet, no battery in it). Condo is tucked away in the corner of the property with no street front with curtains drawn all the time.

Just a weird occurrence, knives or anything haven't flown across the room at me.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hi, very odd indeed, as you have stated that it cant be the smoke or radon detectors then is there any other electronic items in that area that could emit light or sounds?
Just a thought but maybe a microwave timer!!! i know its a long shot but my kids messed with our once before and it went off......scared the crap outta me ha.
As a paranormal investigator myself i have never come accross the beeping sound, but we have encountered blue lights, not saying it is paraormal but a camera wouldnt go a miss if only for peace of mind.

Failing that maybe you should re post this in the alien and ufo forum lol, ya never know

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Very strange. I heard something weird in my own place last night, so this caught my attention. What I heard sounded electronic, but completely different than what you described. We searched all over the place and didn't find anything. Don't have a clue what it was.

Wish I had answers for you! I'll be following your thread!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I purchased a really cheap 12 LED night vision webcam for like $3 on ebay. They work really well. Get a USB extension cable and run it to a monitor. You wouldn't believe what it'll pick up. Another thing you can try is acquiring an EMF (electromagnetic field meter) after you shut off power ... see if that spikes. I've had really good luck with a cheapie-point-and-shoot digital camera as well. I saw something very similar once and caught it on camera with some quick-clicking. Keep us posted!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm not saying it was a ghost. It would be really cool if it was. I'm thinking it might have just been hypersensitivity to moonlight for the lights. The beeping sounds are unexplained, but 100% certain I heard them. Can't explain why the pug sleeping next to me didn't hear it though. There is a cemetery about a block away, but Ive lived here three years now and things just started with the blue light.

I likely will buy some cheap recording equipment to play around with.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
These threads might interest you. It would seem you are not the only one experiencing strange electronic morse code like sounds. There have been a lot of audio phenomenon taking place lately from outdoor rumbling to what you described.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope these help!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Yes, very interesting. I tried to remember the pattern after waking up to check it against Morse code, couldn't remember the pattern though. Thanks for the heads up on the threads.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hmm do you live in a terraced house or an apartment block? Could the sound have been coming from a neighbours house or something like that?
Sound bizarre

top topics

<<   2 >>

join