It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britains missed opportunities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know so and so and blah blah these things cannot be confirmed so im not going to say they are facts. You never know anyway yeah kind of funny you guys claim our GI's are stupid yet we win wars very efficiently and very quick kind of strange don't you think.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Don't get upset Westpoint, of course we're not saying that YOU would be so silly

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
yeah quick and effectively against third world countries WOW i feel really impressed, get real. no one has tested their combat forces against a proper up to date force. not since world war 2.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Iraq in 91 had the 4th largest army in the world. And true we haven't had a war with a another matched country since WWII but we still whoop arse.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
yeah when fighting farmers and peasants that are armed with AK-47's and RPG's. NOT when fighitng against a country with normal assault rifles like the g-33 or sa-80

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well big wars haven't presented themselves to the US so we cant help it if no other major county want to fight us. So until WWIII we have to make do with what we have, which is 3rd world countries.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well big wars haven't presented themselves to the US so we cant help it if no other major county want to fight us. So until WWIII we have to make do with what we have, which is 3rd world countries.

no you shouldnt go around fighting 3rd world countries you should spend time training your troops.
yeah that cause no one wants an actual war.
and actually no one wants to fight anyone so dont think the world revolves around you.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My My My guys... comon look at you guys. Both sides are so full of each other you dont realize that BRITAN and US are ONE... And thank God for that. Ever since WWII where we backed up the Brits, we have been good buddies, and I hope it stays that way. They have been thankful for it, and have worked with us economically, militarily, and politically in a mutually building relationship. Remember WHO is standing by US when our face is in the mud with this whole IRAQ deal, even if it means getting their face dirty too? Thats right, Britan US's most steadfast ally. While everone grabs their sh*t and runs due to terrorist threats, Birtan hangs tough with us in their resolve to stick with us. Ignorant people claim "oh Britan is just US's Bi*tch" But those people know nothing about loyalty and friendship. If their friends were in a tight spot im sure they would be the first to run away. Stop bickering on which is better US or UK, They both rock @$$. God Bless the USA and God Save the Queen

[edit on 3-8-2004 by RealisticPatriot]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealisticPatriot
My My My guys... comon look at you guys. Both sides are so full of each other you dont realize that BRITAN and US are ONE... And thank God for that. Ever since WWII where we backed up the Brits, we have been good buddies, and I hope it stays that way. They have been thankful for it, and have worked with us economically, militarily, and politically in a mutually building relationship. Remember WHO is standing by US when our face is in the mud with this whole IRAQ deal, even if it means getting their face dirty too? Thats right, Britan US's most steadfast ally. While everone grabs their sh*t and runs due to terrorist threats, Birtan hangs tough with us in their resolve to stick with us. Ignorant people claim "oh Britan is just US's Bi*tch" But those people know nothing about loyalty and friendship. If their friends were in a tight spot im sure they would be the first to run away. Stop bickering on which is better US or UK, They both rock @$$. God Bless the USA and God Save the Queen

[edit on 3-8-2004 by RealisticPatriot]

At last a non-partisan post I wholeheartily agree, we both have faults and our pluses and together we compliment each other - which is why our respective militaries have been cross training for years.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
yeah ur right.
i apologise to all americans on here for my comments.
i took it too far.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree with your post RealisticPatriot 100% Its true every other county runs when the road gets rocky but Britain stays in with US. So I apologies for being cocky and say some thing, I know most of you don't think its enough but you have to understand I don't say sorry to oftern

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I agree with your post RealisticPatriot 100% Its true every other county runs when the road gets rocky but Britain stays in with US. So I apologies for being cocky and say some thing, I know most of you don't think its enough but you have to understand I don't say sorry to oftern

- Chin up Westy, no harm done.

You pull my tail I pull yours is all.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Fair enough chaps, I'm sorry for any insult caused.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its been fun watching the two sides argue about the TSR-2, then Tornado's, Harriers and all sorts of militry stuff...

Pity that our transatlantic cousins couldnt manage a SST like we did with Concorde...

Now thats something that in 50 years time where people will be astonished we ever stopped!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
yeah when fighting farmers and peasants that are armed with AK-47's and RPG's. NOT when fighitng against a country with normal assault rifles like the g-33 or sa-80

Ak-74s and Ak-47s have been known to be more durable and a lot more cheaper. Personally i'll go with the Ak-74 over the M-16 or SA-80. Having a durable weapon helps a lot.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Ak-74s and Ak-47s have been known to be more durable and a lot more cheaper. Personally i'll go with the Ak-74 over the M-16 or SA-80. Having a durable weapon helps a lot.

Not to reignite the fire, I agree as well but the G33 is held pretty much in high regard.
I would prefer a L98 myself or G33 or even a G11 if it was made into production

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
RealisticPatriot I agree with what you say, and I will be honest, I love my Country and Flag and I get they insultive to others when they degrade my Country in any way etc, but the United Kingdom and the United States of America have been freinds for many years, and you have got to admit, after alot of these 'freindly fires' people do get angry, I have, Britain gave the world the RADAR, the Jet Engine, VTOL capability and we have pioniered the aircraft carrier ever since the Royal Navy was the first to build one, and worked out all the landing and take-off bugs etc, and the US has given us the food and equipment during WWII, they helped reinforce our lines and fight that evil which was Hitler, the list could well be endless, but the fact remains, the UK and the US have been and will always be partners, the United States Air Force IS a force to be reckoned with, but so is the Royal Air Force, we, people police the world, and keep it terror free to the best of our abilitys, and so we all pray that it stays like that, and if anyone messes with either countrys, they better be ready for the consequences......

God Save The Queen

God Bless America

Anyway, Britain has defienatly missed military opportunities, the TSR2, the Battle of Jutland (We could have anihilated the German navy), aquireing F-117's (even though the RAF "dont have one at RAF Waddington *wink**wink*) but as we 'screw up' in these military decisions, we make up for them with things like the Tyhpoon, the new super carriers, the JSF, and "apparently a more mobile and better equiped [and possibly over stretched *cough**cough*] armed forces. We are slowly learning from past mistakes, but undoubtedly, we havent faired too bad at all with what we have had and have so far have we really??

sorry for long post, just admire your Countrys Airforce emblem and flag and feel the pride...

[edit on 1-1-2005 by VoyagerNX23]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join