It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a breakup feels like a punch in the stomach...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That's incredible, what a coincidence!! I actually live near Berlin and some of my ancestors came from Italy (my great grandmother's family to be precise) ^^ So who knows maybe we are even related then ^^

Can you explain to me though what SHTF means?
Never heard of that before^^

Actually the German TV shows (for example Heidi Klum's "Germany's next topmodel") are similar to these American TV shows. Most of the girls on the show don't have a clue what life is really about...

P.S.: I like your sense of humor hehe

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Ha wow awesome!

Yeah it means poo (think the bad word since I can't post it here) hits the fan= SHTF
that means things have gone bad so RUN! lol

I LOVE Heidi Klum! She is so funny and down to earth for a model.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ahhh great, thanks for explaining, now I understand
I always love to get to know more "uncommon" things/ words and things one didn't learn in English school lessons

Yes, Heidi Klum is really popular and most of the people love her and Seal here in Germany
The only annoying thing is her "high pitched" voice though which is often caricatured on TV

By the way I think we're already off topic so it doesn't matter but your avatar is Paul, right? Have you watched this movie already? I think I have to wait until April 14th

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
HUbba HUbba... Mblah

To German Guy:
CLUE: if you dont want to date or be exposed to trash... dont seek trash out. I dont have ONE of the " typical American woman" types some men from other countries seem to be so concerned about among any of my friends. Im wondering why these foreign men stand outside of methadone clinics or wherever they do to pick up women and pass around that all American women are trash. As if other countries folks are all perfect! Ive lived in and visited MANY countries over my lifetime ( including Germany) and I can tell you that absolutely, there are trashy people everywhere in every country and in every culture. Its just popular to bash Americans now. BTW, I know all about the "trailers" in Germany. Probably a good thing we dont judge all Germans by them.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Breaking up is hard to do, I never knew how hard until I broke up with my girlfriend, she was balling her eyes out telling me she thought she was going to have my kids and we were going to get married. It was the hardest thing in my life to do, way harder than being given my cancer diagnosis. They say it takes a month for every year of the relationship to get over the split.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yes, you are right about your view, it's the same way I feel, there's nothing worse than prejudices. Which trailers do you mean? :p I think there are more in Poland if you are about the trailers I think you are about

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck

Yes, you are right about your view, it's the same way I feel, there's nothing worse than prejudices. Which trailers do you mean? :p I think there are more in Poland if you are about the trailers I think you are about

LOL!! Nope, wasnt in Poland where we were showed what they were.. and yeah.. THOSE trailers.
We got the "off the beaten path" tour by one of the husbands relatives there.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

All women are crazy but so are all men.
The trick is finding the kind of crazy that fits your kind of crazy.

Truer words were never spoken...classic.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hehe okay got ya

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by LargeFries

Unplanned babies are the fault of the couple who doesn't use protection.

I agree, & way too many children come into the world because of lack of planning. Damn shame. Proper planning is paramount. Todays college degree is as standard as a HS diploma was a few years ago. And in a competitive market one has to really rise and shine.

Hillary Rodham Clinton parroted a watered-down sentiment of tribal living: "It's takes a village to raise a child". I find big wisdom in that statement. I think it would benefit single mothers with children to seek out others like them to live in an extended family under single roofs. There are too many divorces, single moms and useless dads. The children should not have to suffer and those moms need to get sleep too. I wonder if communal living would benefit the moms & their children.

Eugenics in its early form as adapted from research performed by the USA government had a lot of good points. Only thoroughbreds get to run at The Kentucky Derby. Let your good stock breed. Some people forget, and younger people may not be aware that rural living took a toll in some communities across America. Not having a whole lot of neighbors to call upon, the picking would get slim on date night. It gets ugly quick, as in "that ain't right" ugly. The situation had to be addressed. (read up on the many past Monarchies in power throughout Europe, and their habit of 'keeping it in the family' to supposedly provide purity of blood line. Truly sickening).
Eugenics also proved out the presence of traits beyond genetic, as in a clan with the disposition toward theft and shifty living.

I think Eugenics left America after TPTB chose to have plenty of disposable grade bodies at their beck and call. Those that don't get wasted in wartime can enjoy a lifetime of paying taxes and totin' that bail.

So Washington DC pretends to hide behind staunch morals and Christian values while ignorant public school girls get pregnant every day of the week, coast to coast, year after year. Those sons of bitches know what they're doing. I can't wait until the population awakens and realizes how controlled we are. Some day, American children may go to schools where they are taught without the hindrance of political agendas hampering their education. I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ultimately the worst part of it all is that the person that you would turn the most to talk to about the hurt, confusion and emptiness is the person that doesn't want to speak to you. It is a lost feeling that often times fells like you must bear it all alone. Sure there is a friend or two that you could speak with but often times they are not the ones that you want to talk with.

It is an odd situation to be sure. And as much as some of us go at length to avoid it always seems to find us anyway in the most unexpected of ways. Almost like an extra punishment for some unknown past sin that you can never seem to make amends for no matter what you do. One day all the pain and sill aggravation will end. Somehow I doubt that we will be happy with that when the time comes and will stupidly seek out some other form of misery to satisfy that devil that sitting on out shoulder whispering all those things that force us to make the wrong choices in life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join