It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanishing act by Japanese executive during nuclear crisis raises questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fa6be035b4c.jpg[/atsimg]

Tokyo - In normal times, Masataka Shimizu lives in The Tower, a luxury high rise in the same upscale Tokyo district as the U.S. Embassy. But he hasn't been there for more than two weeks, according to a uniformed doorman.

The Japanese public hasn't seen much of him recently either. Shimizu, the president of Tokyo Electric Power Co., or Tepco, the company that owns a haywire nuclear power plant just 150 miles from the capital, is the most invisible - and also most reviled - chief executive in Japan.

Amid rumors that Shimizu had fled the country, checked into hospital or even committed suicide, company officials said Monday that their boss suffered an unspecified "small illness" due to overwork after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake sent a tsunami crashing onto his company's Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station.

After a short break to recuperate, they said, Shimizu, 66, is back at work directing an emergency command center on the second floor of Tepco's central Tokyo headquarters.

Still, company officials are vague about whether they've actually seen their boss: "I'll have to check on that," said spokesman Ryo Shimitsu, who is not related to the president. Another staffer, Hiro Hasegawa, said he'd seen the president regularly but couldn't provide details.

Wait, what?!

This is a man that should have worked tirelessly, non stop, been at every single meeting and understood what is going on the best, but yet we can't find him?

If this man has disappeared from Tokyo, that means get the hell out of there. This man would know everything going on and if he leaves thats saying something.

Corruption could care less about nationality, all it cares for is money and power...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
hmmm that kinda says alot doesn't it

I imagine he will soon be one of the most hated men on the planet
he would be better off if he did just leave town

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

company officials are vague about whether they've actually seen their boss: "I'll have to check on that

WHAT!? I'll have to check on that, are they for real? I mean it is a yes or no question have you seen the man or not. The way this has all been handled is all messed up, No class at all

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oy -.-; and the BS just continues to pile up. I can't believe what is happening. So many lives are at stake, and where is the man in charge.. WHO THE F'K KNOWS. This world is in-F'KING-sane.

[ relevant:check out my post in my sig "Japan's nuclear ef..." ] - - and leave a comment, I'd love to hear from as many people as possible.

Excellent post. I hadn't come across this. Thank you very much!

S&F&

-Mike

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
company officials said Monday that their boss suffered an unspecified "small illness" due to overwork after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake sent a tsunami crashing onto his company's Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station.

After a short break to recuperate, they said, Shimizu, 66, is back at work directing an emergency command center on the second floor of Tepco's central Tokyo headquarters.

Can everyone calm down a bit? It's obviously very stressful for the old guy and maybe he's laying low to prevent anyone from lashing out at him, when it isn't his fault. How many people get to see their president on a daily basis? I guess only the higher ups have access to the higher ups and everyone else can't really reach them, so they wouldn't know where he is. Heh. The Japanese wouldn't flake like that in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

when it isn't his fault

errr what part are you talking about isn't his fault? the accident or the way it was handled that will cost many people their lives?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Well the accident.. but they did say that they never really prepared for a scenario of this size so they were caught off guard. Eh. Well at this point the most they can do is their best at improving the situation.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
and while the Fukushima fifty sacrifice their lives for the sake of the Nuclear Energy industry,
Masataka Shimizu hides.
does this man have any conscience?
because of poor planning and greed, Masataka Shimizu has condemned who knows how
many to premature death.
is he on the front line helping pour water on HIS nuclear inferno?
hardly.
more than likely he's holed up in a penthouse suite far far from the meltdown.
basically, he expects others to die for his mistakes.
unfortunately, the Fukushima 50 are saps for the nuclear energy industry.
if they fail, nuclear energy is doomed.
if they succeed in stopping the crisis, nuclear energy is saved... at least til the next major disaster.

never has the distinction been so clear between the rulers and the workers...

the rulers must live to develop and profit from the next generation of nuclear madness.
and the workers are their cannon fodder.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra

Originally posted by predator0187
company officials said Monday that their boss suffered an unspecified "small illness" due to overwork after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake sent a tsunami crashing onto his company's Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station.

Can everyone calm down a bit? It's obviously very stressful for the old guy and maybe he's laying low to prevent anyone from lashing out at him, when it isn't his fault. How many people get to see their president on a daily basis? I guess only the higher ups have access to the higher ups and everyone else can't really reach them, so they wouldn't know where he is. Heh. The Japanese wouldn't flake like that in my humble opinion.

let me complete your sentence in laymans terms plz.

Can everyone calm down a bit? It's obviously very stressful for the old guy and the executives in charge. So plz all serfs continue on your path to work and we shall oversee this by ie., satellite, or other means that keeps our bourgeois stature out of harms way, now back to lady gaga in news today

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

They faked the safety records. Everything that could go wrong with the reactor did. When a man who owns the company is needed it is now, it may be stressful but that's why he is making and ungodly amount of money, and I am sure he is making more than any of us on here will ever see.

He should be there, he should be in the public eye, that's his damn job.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I tend to think the head of TEPCO, the PM and the scientists are all fully aware the emergency backup systems for the reactors were all messed-up due to the Israeli-arranged STU.X.NET virus.

Maybe they are individually and collectively going bananas because they are sick of being made to look like monkeys because of their publicly comedic performance trying to regain control of the reactor systems?

I suspect strongly that if the STU.X.NET worm is clearly stated to be the reason the accident turned into the global catastrophe it is, by acknowledged people in positions of authority and responsibility, that too many of the 'sleepers' will be awakened for the likes of our self-elected masters, the Banksters at the UN.

Maybe the PM and the head-honscho of TEPCO are already trying to spill the beans and that's why the TV companies have been ordered to keep them away from the cameras as much as possible?

I have absolutely no doubt there is something else at play here. This is partly due to the recent 'delegation' of Israelis in North Honshu containing 'nuclear-experts.' It is also due to reports I'm just trying to decypher about the Japanese in-charge of the emergency in Fukushima handing control to Americans ... and this means Israelis for sure, or at least that Israel calls the shots.
edit on 29-3-2011 by richaado because: spillung

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

because of poor planning and greed, Masataka Shimizu has condemned who knows how many to premature death.

I doubt Masataka Shimizu would have profited from keeping an ancient 40 year old nuclear plant running on a shoe string. If Japans lost decade recession reduced available funds then it would have been a democratic choice to recertify them. An engineer like Shimizu would have tirelessly crusaded for the much safer third generation plants that don't require pumps to cool the core and are designed to withstand an earthquake of 9.0 or higher.

Japan designed and built the world trade center towers back in the 60's. Minoru Yamasaki was given a very tight budget and told the towers might need to be imploded early if revenue projections were not met. Those were the reasons the towers were not built with a more solid masonry construction.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by richaado

I could be wrong but I thought the stuxnet virus attacked the centrifuges that produce the fuel needed by the reactor not the actual reactor itself. Sorry don't see any correlation here.

top topics

join