It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is from someone who works in Emergency Management, lets see whats to come in 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
please read i know its long....you will learn something

I would like to congratulate ATS on some outstanding ideas and theories you guys have brought to the table. I think it is essential that these ideas keep flowing.

Working with-in emergency management I often see and experience firsthand what our government and scientist believe will happen and are preparing for it. I am about to warn you of some foreseen disasters that are either occurring or will occur this year, and some highly probable situations within the next few years. Most of the information I know is for the US only.

First, The Midwest and the Mississippi are about to get hit with a very large flood. Easily the worst flood since 1993…(18 years ago…think about the last supermoon) and possibly worse than the flood of 1993.(which is considered the worst in modern us history) This will occur, many states EMA’s are very active right now in gearing up for a horrific flood conditions on the Mississippi and are believe it or not they are saying how bad its going to be but it is being diminished by other headlines( in fact it is barely talked about at all by media)

Second, I would be wrong if I did not tell you that California is looking for a hell of a wet time too followed by landslides, then most likely a 6.0 earthquake or above. California is going to experience a lot of rain AND I mean a lot. They experienced a lot of rain towards the end of 2010, which caused serious landslide concerns. Now they are receiving more rain. On top of the rain they will California will experience a

EARTHQUAKE WARNING, and I am not talking about a normal 4.0 or even a 5.0…. a 6.0 or higher will most likely occur, and remember the .2 rule or two tenths rule which is taught to emergency management officials that a .2 magnitude is twice as strong of an earthquake. So a 6.2 is twice as strong as a 6.0….a 8.0 is a thousand times stronger than a 6.0…..lets just hope California’s is a 7 or lower though for the sake of tens of thousands of lives. Plus with all the saturation in the ground liquefaction will be a serious concern causing much much much more damage.

Now what evidence do I have that a earthquake will happen….well historical data, fault readings, and some pseudoscientific evidence…..so many of you will say not much but just trust me its coming.

Historical data- same cluster happened in early 1900 leading to great 1906 San Francisco quake
Fault Readings- pressure has been found built up at a few certain faults scientist have been warning of a big one
Pseudoscientific evidence- Earth shifted and pole shift, comet, solar flares, possible extra celestial body,
JUST BE READY CALIFORNIA

But wait there’s more.

Solar Flares- They are going to increase. I am not sure why I got a memo on this from National Weather Service and USGS but they have warned some about some solar flares coming……What does this mean?

Radiation -Recently Illinois conducted exercise for a nuclear power plant failure with a radioactive leak. This was conducted with FEMA, Exelon which owns many nuclear power plants, The Department of Nuclear Safety, and The Department of Energy…..One of the things that was greatly emphasized was the use of Potassium Iodide. Interesting to say the least that the power plant that they pretended went down was one modeled after the reactors falling out in Japan. Is radiation going to get here when the nuclear reactors in Japan completely fail, which many experts are now saying is likely? Now this exercise was set before all of these Japanese problems….but FEMA was not going to be there originally, they only came because of recent events.

A Midwest Earthquake? Now this one bothers me because I have done direct work with this National Level Exercise (NLE) and here are some facts. The New Madrid fault, which I used to think could not go, now I have questioned myself….recent earthquakes in Arkansas, this is the first FEMA exercise ever for a natural disaster, and certain agencies being involved that I would not think would be involved for an exercise like ATF, which I have heard is also participating, all have made me wonder about this drill in may. All these things make a professional like me a little weary.

Possible Scenarios of what is causing this and what will happen

Earth is experiencing a electric magnetic like force that is being created by comet Elinin or some other celestial body forcing something along the planet. Read my other post for some data and ideas on how this happens.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This scenario would lead to a Tunguska like event which happened around the same time these same earthquakes occurred throughout the world. Or a planet, such as Nibiru or Planet X will come close and cause problems then it will leave just as fast as it came.

Another scenario which does have some logic is that these recent phenomena are man made. If this is the case then I would call you a tesla-fanatic. This would also be created by a electric like, with some electromagnetic and gravitational properties, This would also be known as HAARP or ELF like stuff. Which we know these things do create some gravitational like forces on our planets ionosphere.

Another scenario is that the planet is in its own cycle, or this recent cycle is caused by the sun. This is possible, however most likely this is improbable because the sun has been observed for a long time, and the recent cycle that the sun is in is predictable in the fact that we knew about these solar storms in early 2000’s….Really I want ATS feedback because are in for some crazy stuff.

I realize this post is long but I do have some more information that I will distribute. If you want advice I would suggest getting a well established emergency kit and plan.
For more advice about what your state wants you to do go to www.ready.(whatever state your in).gov

That is ready dot ( YOUR STATE NAME) dot gov

edit on 28-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: thread title fail

edit on 28-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: wow should of proof read better

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sad to say there is no information for my state (Indiana) for the link you recommended.

www.ready.(whatever state your in).gov

I remember the weekend after the Japan disaster there was an article in our local newspaper talking about how someone from Homeland Security will be taking a squad to southwest Indiana for an earthquake training exercise. nl.newsbank.com... (My local paper). Nothing like this (that I know of) has been talked about much until the Japan disaster. Real eye opener, and to combine the idea of the New Madrid going with all those pipes underneath, it's making me concerned.

Just real interesting and scary about how everything is coming about. I feel for everybody everywhere. So much is happening everywhere all at the same time. You don't know whether to prepare and wait, run for the hills, or just sit back because everything is going to be "okay". Earthquakes, rains and flooding, tsunamis, radiation, cosmic bodies we are trying to quickly understand, odd sounds happening around the world, compasses going crazy (though seem to be back to normal), volcanoes, wars, etc etc the list goes on. Like the chinese curse goes, "May you live in interesting times." Boy oh boy it's interesting alright.

I had a dream last year that I feel correlates to all of this but I am hesitant to say it, because as some will say, it's just a dream. But as more and more of these disasters occur, the more we should listen to our instincts. Me and my husband have already agreed that if we wake up or suddenly have a bad feeling that we should go, we're just going to run. Too much is happening now that I feel it is best to listen to what your instincts are telling you. Everything is skirting the edge for more horrible events to happen. Yet, if our instincts are wrong, then be glad!

I would ask you though, I am a mother and a wife. I have two children (7 and 9 and the 9 year old has Autism). We also live with Grandma. We are, as of now (and have been since the Japan incident really), preparing things together for if we get the sudden urge to "run" (and if stuff doesn't go flying into the fan like we feel, well then hey we are prepared and can go camping this year like we wanted to! Yay!). Our concern is where to go. As is we don't even want to stay here if can be, but where could one go right now? Is there a "safe-ish" area to be considering the current circumstances? Granted the Elenin (elinin, nibiru) cosmic body adds an odd twist to it all. What do you suggest is the best plan? Place to go? We've sort of been feeling towards Oklahoma.. what's your take?

I don't know about anyone else but I definitely feel the pull that this all isn't over and worse has yet to come.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We also feel as everything is going to hit the fan. I feel very strongly about this so called " Comet Elenin/ Nibiru". With all the earthquakes happening that line up with this Earth/ Sun/ Comet the closer it gets the worst off we are looking.

I have been looking at different scenarios being in the south east as were to go when the day comes.

Search google , look up nuclear facilities in the United States and you will see your buffer zone of where to travel. My biggest problem will be if New Madrid goes then there has been talk of the Mississippi river expanding 50+ miles.

As far as I can tell Oklahoma is not a good place because you have to worry about yellow stone.

Me and my family are looking at going to South America. They have less then 4 Nuclear Facilities and the have high mountain ranges mixed in with good valley's. Plus they are very organic so to speak so hopefully there will be food.

We are still in the rough draft of our plans on were to go. This is pretty much just my idea of what my family is doing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

When you say the Mississippi is about to flood, can you narrow that down a bit.
Are we alking about this spring or within the next ten years?

Also, what do you think personally about the future concerning natural disasters in this country?
What are you and your family doing to prepare?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Many experts have been warning of a Mississippi flood, and in fact it was already above its flood banks just a couple of weekends ago. I'm not sure if it stayed up there, but the OP is talking about this spring, and he is supported by just about every official out there. This will be a very flood-ridden spring in the midwest.

Weather.gov Mississippi Flood Forecast

Yahoo News Article

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i also think that mother nature isnt finished with us yet i dont no whats next but i think we all agree the earth is experiencing some strange goings on of late

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Me and my family are looking at going to South America. They have less then 4 Nuclear Facilities and the have high mountain ranges mixed in with good valley's. Plus they are very organic so to speak so hopefully there will be food.

We are still in the rough draft of our plans on were to go. This is pretty much just my idea of what my family is doing.

That's sad to hear, if you're serious. You know... nothing has happened, and there's no evidence to suggest anything bad is going to happen to the USA. The Fear Mongers are just cashing in on the unfortunate Japan tsunami. That's what fearmongers do - they exploit every disaster, and make out as if the world's about to end. Yet, as usual, there's zero evidence to support their claims.

I would strongly advise against moving your family based on rumor, fear, and uninformed, unqualified speculation. It could do a lot more harm than good...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

First, The Midwest and the Mississippi are about to get hit with a very large flood. Easily the worst flood since 1993…

Aye, there's been a lot of talk about this over the past few weeks and it's been widely mentioned in the media.

Can't comment on your other predictions which seem to be just unfounded speculation?

Originally posted by Screwed
When you say the Mississippi is about to flood, can you narrow that down a bit.
Are we alking about this spring or within the next ten years?

This spring:

Weather experts predict major flooding in Midwest

Another Spring of Major Flooding Likely in North Central United States, NOAA Predicts

Snow Pack, Rains Heighten Flood Risk for Much of U.S.

Edit: as Getreadyalready has already pointed out

edit on 28-3-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This site is useless in my opinion. The government is not going to tell you when we are facing imminent danger of any sort. Ask the people in Japan if you don't believe me.

Here are the dangers listed for New Jersey:

Extreme Heat
Floods
Hurricanes
Thunderstorms
Winter Storms and Extreme Cold

Source: www.ready.gov...

The reason I say it's useless is because it fails to mention that I am less than 50 miles away from Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant which was recently deemed to be built directly on a fault and not built to withstand any kind of measurable earthquake.

Like we don't already know hurricanes are potentially dangerous?

edit on 28-3-2011 by lpowell0627 because: extraneous character

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
nothing has happened, and there's no evidence to suggest anything bad is going to happen to the USA. The Fear Mongers are just cashing in on the unfortunate Japan tsunami. That's what fearmongers do - they exploit every disaster, and make out as if the world's about to end. Yet, as usual, there's zero evidence to support their claims.

I would strongly advise against moving your family based on rumor, fear, and uninformed, unqualified speculation. It could do a lot more harm than good...

that's all good and well but I notice the play on words.
Just in case something does happen you're bases are covered aren't they?

"I said, there is no evidence to suggest anything bad is going to happen, I didn't say NOTHING would happen"!
or "I said there is zero evidence to support theior claims, I didn't say their claims would be proven false".

So, let's just get this out of the way now.

Will you put your balls on the table and be man enough to say that nothing will happen?
That the Mississippi will not experience massive floods or The New Madrid will not Shift?

The Answer is no you will not because you know that WHEN it does you will look like an ass.
There is plenty of evidence, but if you refuse to look at it then it doesn't exist.

My little boy does that too.
When playing hide and seek, we just hides his eyes and figures as long as HIS eyes are covered then no one else
can see him either.

Good luck with that.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I live in North Dakota and we are getting ready for another epic flood of the Red River. I started a thread on this years flood fight with some info on it and i will be updating once the water starts to rise. abovetopsecret.com...

I did not move out here until 98, one year after the huge 97 flood. I have no idea what it was like here in 93 i was still in high school in ny. I do know that they are saying it could be as bad as 09 in fargo and if thats true than its gonna be a nightmare. I spent days helpping evacuate the hospital before the water made it impossible.
edit on 28-3-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is a link to the directory and home page of ready.gov www.ready.gov...

There is alot of information and links just on that homepage alone.

I plan on staying where I am, as long as I can. I am near enough to New Madrid that I will know it when it happens, but far enough away that East of Central KY, will probably be a staging area for resources. We were a center for relocation services provided to Katrina survivors. Western KY up toward Louisville follow the Ohio River before it joins the Mississippi isn't where I'd want to be. Come further east of Lexington KY. However the epicenter of the 1980 quake was in a neighboring county, but I think that was just an anomaly and won't be active if quakes are a trigger. West Tennessee and West KY will want to come further into the foothills of the Appalachians, however, there is a reactor in Springhill TN, so north north east. The jetstream will pull any issues from there into the Carolinas, sorry Tarheels, just not gonna be your year.
I hope many folks search the information on the gov websites. I was looking at the Civil Corp, a support system that aid first responders during an event. It will help for you to be helping others, focusing your attention toward helping others. During events the stress seems so benign at first, but everyone can and will get rattled. Those who dealt with Katrina the best were those out helping, being less the victim and more the survivor. I was working at a technical call center during Katrina, had one call that I stayed on the phone for a long while with. This guy thought he was prepared, so I began asking him how prepared was he, what plans were in place. During that conversation just by discussing it he became clear what his next steps were going to be. Funny he called back the next night, and our system directed his call to me cause my line was open at the time, and we talked about what went down, and what the next week would be like for him. He was able to organize after a street check of homes, what his community needed to do for themselves, who had wheels, where to get bottled water, they prepared meals together, took shifts on self securing their neighborhood. Delegated based on who had skills for what and who had medical needs etc. I didn't hear from him again after that. But that clarified to myself, what I needed for myself during an event, and thats prioritized based on local needs and resources, if I am able to "get out" to my local authorities, then see what volunteers are needed where.
Think about it. What are you REALLY gonna do?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Very good OP, i highly agree that these earthquakes and such will be getting worse before they get better, but as soon as you said 'extra celestial body' i took everything you said with a pinch of salt.

If Nibiru/Planet X is coming when they say its supposed to (Dec. 2012), and if it was anything the size it's rumoured to be we would be able to see it with the naked eye, perhaps even in broad daylight. If anything happens within the last week of 2012 i don't believe it will have anything to do with this '12th planet'

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The floods in California are going to be because of all of the SNOW!

There is more snow up in the mountains than I have ever seen. They were recently showing pictures on the news of spots on I-80 where they had to use special machines to clear the snow, and it made walls that were 30 feet high... it looked like drivers were driving through a white tunnel... I've never seen anything like it before. They also said Lake Tahoe has seen almost 50 feet of snow so far, and there might be more coming!

Between all of the different ranges around here, I'm sure the valley is going to see some massive flooding and landslides this year, but I hope I'm wrong, although, all that water has to go "somewhere".

~Namaste
edit on 28-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

~Namaste
edit on 28-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

Just out of interest, LOST reference?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

If it floods here in Louisville,I'll be ready to volunteer.
I live 2 miles from the Ohio River,but I'm located on a hill 800 ft above that and can see the river.

I have experience,being I'm originally from coastal South Carolina and have been through MANY
hurricanes.
Look up Hurricane Hugo that hit South Carolina,wasn't as bad as Katrina,but bad enough.
Bad enough that I moved here.

We always start out,in order:
1) Take care of yourself and family first.
2) Take care of your neighbors,especially the elderly and those in need of medical attention.
3) You and the neighbors get together and clear roads to gain access to main roads.
( cause you can forget the city,gov. doing that anytime soon!)
4) When all is good and secure in your community,reach out to others to help them if needed.

Never rely on your government to come rescue you cause you will just rot where you are!

edit on 28-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShift
Very good OP, i highly agree that these earthquakes and such will be getting worse before they get better, but as soon as you said 'extra celestial body' i took everything you said with a pinch of salt.

If Nibiru/Planet X is coming when they say its supposed to (Dec. 2012), and if it was anything the size it's rumoured to be we would be able to see it with the naked eye, perhaps even in broad daylight. If anything happens within the last week of 2012 i don't believe it will have anything to do with this '12th planet'

I was throwing things out there....i dont really believe in Nibiru.....but I do believe their will possibly be another Tunguska.....You need to read my other thread.....the one in the original post I placed....read it

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Star and Flag,GOOD POST! We all need to be prepared all the time for anything
I feel like this is preaching to the choir. lol

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The only thing I can add,folks,
just be prepared as much as you can.
You have seen the warnings what ever they maybe,
from whatever source it may come from.

Look at Japan,those poor people have been prepared their whole
life for earthquakes and tsunamis.
You can only prepare so much,then the really unexpected hits,
nuclear disaster!
So ,just do the best you can,expect the worst,hope for the best,
and live you life til then.
There is nothing more you can do.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Is there any website I could go to for safe areas in Michigan? I live in Ypsilanti.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join