It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for ATS Masons, What is a Ster-convex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

And that is my favorite lecture, and the one I intend to actually deliver. And, we just got through building the winding stairs, so that our candidates can actually ascend them instead of walking on a mat.

It's Monday. Thanks for correcting me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Hey Mr. Norton I was hoping this might pique your interest, and you would have something to share on the subject.

I am not asking for anyone to divulge any Masonic Secrets here, but anything on the Ster-convex as far as background would be outstanding.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's very interesting, discovering what can not be taught.

I myself feel like there are certain truths and things that truly have to be self evidenced through discovery that can not in fact be taught.

Kind of like the Swedish Bikini team you can show someone a picture of them, explain what the team is all about, but you still haven't had the real joys of fully discovering them and understanding them in the fullest biblical sense.

You know more than you did before someone attempted to teach you about the subject but not nearly enough to really know!

Interesting that Masonic Lodges themselves are supposed to be self help exercises in personal discovery.

Maybe those minature cars are too distracting?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Grr. My university has a 12-month delay on electronic copies of the Journal of New Music Research, so I can't get the full article that's being cited.

I'm going to go on a limb and say the correct term we should be using is "star-convex". "ster-convex" is probably the dutch name for it, and thus was the one used in the graphics since the original article came from the Netherlands...

I would need to know more about how they're mapping the notes to the Euler lattice though. This summary is woefully lacking in details.
edit on 2011.3.28 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I was thinking the same thing about Ster likely being Star.

Like many mainstream news articles I too found it tragically lacking in details, so since it had to do with geometry I thought it might be a worth while endeavor to ask what if anything the Masons might know about it.

Now we all have something to look forward to 12 months from now.

Which makes me think of this melody...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Every time of year!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
YOUR SEARCH WILL END HERE

If you are looking for knowledge of harmonic Tuning of Stones, info can be found here.

www.vastuved.com...

Dr.V.Ganapati Sthapat

He is the 3rd member of the 13 clans of ancient builders alive today remaining 2 clans are in China and Europe some where hidden,still he teaches how tune in stones to vibrate with harmonic frequency with universe they specialized in building Temple shrine

Creator of this builder clan was Mayan see info below

en.wikipedia.org...

you can study about the stones and its frequency from below site if you are interested

www.aumscience.com...

edit on 28-3-2011 by Arcot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
With some of the experiments I have thought of, I think that this is a new and Very lucrative field. If your a musician, and you understand some notes will vibrate the heck out of your windows and floor. And some will resonate within you core and stimulate you own body. AKA brown note. ( never found it but sit on a bass cab and play a while and you will be taking a bathroom brake)

I just know If I had an oscilloscope and matched the waves to the wavelength of the partials of light in a certain color, there would be something to it. A,B,C,D,E,F,G and the supposed 7 chakras, and matching notes to the supposed colors "may we create some type of key?" I am not sure, but I know music soothes my soul. While some progressions evoke other feelings.

Heck, the planets all give off radio waves that we can alter to hear as sound. And I have personally listened to singing stones, that when struck ring like chimes. Also in the US some of the deserts in California when the sand moves they hum, in E,F and G. So, I know the earth has some natural harmonics. Also if you create 2 perfect sound-waves the mirror each other they are supposed to cancel each other out. But look, in real life they actually "amplify" and are almost twice each originals volume.

Sound to me is more than just what we hear. Thank you OP for starting this thread!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcot

Great addition to the thread, I will be sure to check those out.

Thanks for posting them.

As REO Speedwagon once said, You Can't Tune a Piano but you can Tuna Fish!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcot

Thanks for the info, but that really doesn't help this topic one bit. We're looking for the pure math involved, and more particularly how the mathematical frequencies of different intervals used in different scale systems can be mapped to a 2, 3 or even 4 dimensional lattice, and what the shape of that mapping becomes.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Based on what I have been looking into, this and this seem to fit and may open some very interesting doors. I am well aware of Hutchison's reputation and the fact that he is a loon, but before you discredit him, remember that the military spent a good bit of money trying to get him to be able to reproduce his results. There had to be something there to start with. Almost every alternative fuel theory involved harmonics to some degree in the process.

Another interesting side note would be this.

May be nothing, may be something.

edit to add: sorry about the auto start music in the second link. It always annoys me, but at least it's good music.
edit on 28-3-2011 by network dude because: apology

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by Arcot

Thanks for the info, but that really doesn't help this topic one bit. We're looking for the pure math involved, and more particularly how the mathematical frequencies of different intervals used in different scale systems can be mapped to a 2, 3 or even 4 dimensional lattice, and what the shape of that mapping becomes.

It is rather fascinating the pure math involved, I often liken the Universe to a ongoing mathematical equation that was born out of the endless computation of infinite possibilities being run out as ongoing formulas.

That it's that process that is what actually allows the universe to exist and conversely would stop existing once the final radom possibilities and numbers were added in and then all totalled up.

I may have to much free time on my hands!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Based on what I have been looking into, this and this seem to fit and may open some very interesting doors. I am well aware of Hutchison's reputation and the fact that he is a loon, but before you discredit him, remember that the military spent a good bit of money trying to get him to be able to reproduce his results. There had to be something there to start with. Almost every alternative fuel theory involved harmonics to some degree in the process.

Another interesting side note would be this.

May be nothing, may be something.

edit to add: sorry about the auto start music in the second link. It always annoys me, but at least it's good music.
edit on 28-3-2011 by network dude because: apology

Those are some great links Network Dude thanks.

I have a funny feeling this is going to be one of those subjects where a lot of the answers lead to more questions.

I sure do appreciate everyone sharing what they know.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

When are you gonna take the plunge Proto? Hmmmmm? I mean Knights of Proto are fun, but you have to be overwhelmingly curious about the inside of Masonry by now? Take the drive, come on by Robert Butler Lodge No. 305, and we will indoctrin.....errr initiate you properly!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The following links are to Gnostic Teachings which explain Geometry, Mantra, and Music in relation to Occult Masonry and the Secret Mantra Vehicle of Buddhism:

The Divine Science

The Spiritual Power of Sound

Gnostic Radio Online Course: Runes

In addition to the Runes and Hebrew Letters, see also the Sigils, which are shown on the 22 Arcana of the Tarot.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Tamahu because: edited out image quote

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Robert Butler is my Chiropractor! Well a Rober Butler anyway.

I am in an odd predicament in that I believe but don't believe that the universe can be ordered right out of existence through learning the secrets of it.

While I believe this, I also don't believe this, simply to create the confusion that leads to the chaos that allows the universe to exist.

So it's like I want to know, but don't want to know, know but don't know.

Maybe just maybe the Masons have been entrusted with some of those secrets to make sure that I never do know for sure for sure!

So it would totally defeat the whole concept of giving the Masons the secrets to keep from me, just to turn around and find them out.

For now I remain convinced the ultimate secrets of the Universe lay in the Swedish Bikini team and think it's best for everyone that I fully pursue this avenue first and foremost.

Thankfully the Swedish Bikini team refuses to believe my interests which they typify as 'stalking' are actually purely esoteric, thus setting up the continued paradox that allows us all to enjoy Pizza!

I do highly recomend that people interested in the esoteric, helping their fellow human being, and learning all the stuff I don't want to myself ever admit to knowing join the Masons!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Wow some more excellent links. The thread is really producing some fascinating reading material to enjoy.

Very good idea asking the Masons for some information even if I do say so myself.

Great additions.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

As a life long musician and conspiracy theorist I have often wondered if there are certain properties to music that go beyond simply the artistic and entertaining ones. Part of this stems from some Indian religious teachings where the universe itself was created from a musical note, its vibration and noise causing chaos in the otherwise silent and peaceful nothingness of endless empty space, prompting an angry reaction in which life was born. However additionally I have often been amazed when it comes to some instrumental pieces I have heard for the first time, that while listening to it, my minds eye and emotions conjured up images that later turned out to be what the song was all about when I learned it’s title.

I have often wanted to look into sounds and harmonics because I always felt there was something more to them. I just never did for one reason or the other. Although in the back of my mind, I'd always tell myself that I had to learn more about these topics. It seemed that there was always something more important to take care of first now that I come to think of it.

There is a universal reaction to harmonics and sounds I believe. Like you note here, it can conjure emotions and make your minds eye wonder along a melody while the imagery tells you what the sounds are about without saying a word. This parallels the idea that there are some things that can only be discovered and not taught.

When you hear a melody or notes that are played in succession we discern a melodic episode. Then they are played at the same time and we can discern harmony. We listen intently as these forces that are influencing us play themselves out because we are drawn into them and we want to know the story that they are trying to tell us. Pitch, frequencies, harmonies all coming together in a kind of story for us that evokes emotions.

I often wonder if we actually heard the universe being created in the vastness of space where we resided and attempted to influence the noise into a cognitive story that we could understand. Everyone being different and desperately wanting the song to play the way they understood it with the majority emerging victorious as their song or story reverberated throughout the timelessness of space triumphantly. A really cool topic here my friend and I will be looking into this more and following along intently.

Music or sound is certainly a force that can and will accomplish things. We just have to be certain about who is composing the orchestra.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Classic example when I first heard Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend" I had never heard it before, didn't know it was Elton John playing it, and didn't know the title to the song.

Yet as I sat listening to it and closed my eyes I actually envisioned my own funeral!

Lovely affair with a horse drawn gun carraige with my casket laid out on it, right down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C.!

Lot's of flowers and sad people crying and waving lining the road. I hardly had the heart to tell them all I wasn't dead yet. Wow was I touched.

Yet I was amazed then to find out after the song finished playing the song was titled Funeral for a Friend.

There is something about music where a purely instrumental piece like that one with no lyrics could convey such a precise message without words, and effect such powerful emotions too.

Of course what would be really freak come the day I ever do die if I ended up some how some way getting such a funeral as the one I imagined through the song.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here is also a relevant older thread:

Rosslyn Chapel Code Cracked? (Page 2)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Well, the interesting thing about that is that all sound requires time...

“Sound comes to us over time. You don’t get a snapshot of sound. Therefore, what you notice with sound, the essential building block, is change.”

— Gary Rydstrom, Oscar winning sound designer for Saving Private Ryan, Titanic, Jurassic Park and Terminator 2: Judgement Day
And that might be why we have a harder time visualizing the relationships between notes in chords or melodic structures... we can't take it all in at once as easily. With a painting or a photograph, we can spend hours looking at it and analyzing it. Sound is fleeting.
edit on 2011.3.28 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join