It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My easy method to have an out of body experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ive read a hell of a lot about out of body experiences for the last 20 years.

Ive tried a lot of methods and all the rest of it. Most never worked for me personally but there was one method that worked sometimes and because of this method I personally know an out of body experience is a true phenomenon.

I would like to share this method with you all as an option for you to try. And to those people who are going to say "Yeah, I already know that method and its been threaded here before" I don't give a crap!

The method is as follows:

Write any symbol or anything of your choosing onto your right or left hand in the morning.

Forget about it, don't try to remember it until you see it again

Throughout the day when you see this on your hand, it's purpose is to remind you to repeat something to yourself in your mind.

That is - Am I dreaming?

Think of this as a serious question you are asking yourself.

The reason for this is when you go to sleep and start dreaming, hopefully at some point you will ask this same question in your dream and for reasons unknown to me, it automatically brings you into full consciousness.

As soon as you ask yourself this question you become fully awake in your dream, such as whats called lucid dreaming.

But in my case, I am straight away above my body near the roof looking down at my body sleeping below on the bed. This is what happens if you want it too.

It doesn't work all the time for me, but its worked on several occasions when nothing else has.

If you try the above method, eventually you WILL ask yourself this question in your dream, and then its game on!

Hope this helps some people who are interested in the subject and are having troubles.

edit on 28-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

im going to give this a try while at work today
thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I will try this today. I have been out of body deliberately only a few times and once due to some others giving me a message. Otherwise my attempts result in nothing. If this works, I will get back to this thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"out of body experiences" has nothing to do with dreaming, didn't you find that out in 20 years?

en.wikipedia.org...

What you mean is called lucid dreaming

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

From being in a dream, if I ask myself this question, I can project from that platform.

That's all there is to it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have found that a weekend at a real ale festival also helps.............
)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bazza147
I have found that a weekend at a real ale festival also helps.............
)

The most out of body experience I have had was from some really disgusting little green tab type thing, only the tiniest bit gave me an un worldy out of body experience which actually frightened me, this was before I developed a much more open mind. I could only imagine what would happen if I tried it now, Im not sure I have would ever come back from it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Remembering that you are dreaming is called lucid dreaming. Anyway, I will still try this simple trick that you suggested.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Lucid dreaming and astral projection are very closely related.

Of course I don't know the exact mechanics of reality, who does? Do you?

Like FoxFilesMulder said, you can use lucid dreaming as a platform to 'initiate' astral projection.

How do you know the reality of dreams aren't played out in our collective unconscious?
How do you know the dream realm isn't the same place as the astral realm?
How do you know we don't travel out of our bodies every single night?

We're all more or less speculating, some people have great insights because of experience and profound wisdom.. but the truth is, we really don't know anything for sure.

Thanks for the tip FoxFiles, I'll try it for a couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That is a great technique! I haven't tried it yet, but it completely makes sense. Kind of like the avatar in Inception, but it seems like it would be more practical. Thanks for the idea and letting us know that it works for you...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I've only been able to lucid dream when I was a kid...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

One more thing, so my perspective is not misconstrued... I don't know about OOBE's, but as a way to get to lucid dreaming, this seems like a really nice technique... btw, did you invent this yourself?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

I read about it a long time ago.

Ive tried just about everything and although other people claim success, nothing has ever worked except the method I explained.

It may or may not work for a few times but eventually you WILL ask yourself this question in your dream and a profound experience will follow.

Even if it only works once, Its well worth the effort because it changes your whole perception of things.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah as I saw stated above, this technique is great for lucid dreaming but not so much for out of body. The problem is that you can very easily experience what you believe to be an OBE in a lucid dream.

After experiencing the intense and somewhat scary instance of sleep paralysis, almost like being plugged into an electric socket with a very loud rip and white noise sound, i've had lucid / normal dreams with almost the same elements to them. In one I felt the electical wave again and my brain started heating up, it felt like my head was boiling and I got up holding my head in severe pain, it was only after I woke up I realized that was all a dream.

Im still somewhat skeptical on the whole matter, the only times i've ever left my body were in what I know are dreams. I flew up to space and it was really creepy so I flew back home, I didn't want to meet anything out there, lol, but im positive all these experiences have been exclusively dreams.

The only thing I can't shake is that electrical roaring sensation. When I experienced this I had no idea what happened but it was the scariest thing in the world to me at the time. I started looking online for people who may have been through the same and all paths lead to OBE's. That's when I started practicing and eventually gave up, there were some disturbing things to happen to me during this time, I was sure my closet was a spritual portal of sorts. I was almost raped (in sleep paralysis, a terrifying tactile / audible hallucination), stricken with elaborate and horrifying nightmares, started having false awakenings all the time, sometimes waking up 10 times before I actually did. The "astral" world and the real world were coming closer and closer for me. Not to where I couldn't tell what was real but it felt like I was attracting some seriously unwanted attention. I still do have lucid dreams though, my favorite part of that whole experience.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

I know what you mean with this electrical roaring sensation.

It happens to me also.

For me I am above my body with my nose nearly touching the roof. My body feels like its been plugged into an electrical socket or there is a 10 magnitude earthquake inside me. There is a roaring sensation and a loud alarm sound like a police car siren inside my ears.

After this, It settles down and If I don't get scared I can venture out and explore my neighborhood. I also don't want to meet anyone or anything, but I have done and it hasn't been bad.

During this time, I am fully conscious like I am now writing this. I can choose to do or think about anything I want. I know this to be an out of body experience.

The split second I get scared I wake up inside my physical body on my bed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sleep paralysis is horrible!

I don't hear or see anything, I just become conscious in my physical body but I'm technically not awake yet.

Straight away I think "Oh no, not again"

Its not nice there, it feels uncomfortable and I feel desperate to wake up. I get scared because I'm not sure if I have stopped breathing or not because I cant seem to tell if I am.

From here I can actually wriggle my physical finger or my arm or my leg and this seems to wake me up properly. I am thinking to do this, and my body does it, but the process feels disconnected.

If I'm really unlucky that night, I will also have the false awakenings.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

That sounds like an actual OBE from all i've read on them. It hard enough for me to try and get to that freaky electric stage and a lot of times I did I really just didn't care to OBE anymore and want to sleep insted. Plus I always did have that thought of meeting something in the back of my mind, I'd rather not meet some horrible being in my room and wake up still feeling like it's there.... that would ruin my room for me, haha

One time on a vacation in Washington I got very close to having an OBE. I got through the vibrations and I started to try and leave my body finding myself in this position. My upper body starts to rock up and down, then my legs too and I ended up rolling head over heel in an infinite somersault unable to stop myself, lol. Everything was black too but It was also very dark where I was sleeping. I finally came to a stop, somehow, but shortly after deciding to give up, I hear this voice talking to me.

The voice was of a man's and he told me he was going to lead me into a dream where we'd meet. I decided to go along with it, all I had to do was listen really. He said that he was going to count down from 10 and when he got to 0, i'd be in a dream. He got to 0 and I was still just laying there in pitch black so I thought "it didn't work..." and then he says "open your eyes" I open my eyes and im in a small green room with a single door and a shorter man standing next to me wearing a suit. He told me whatever I wanted would be on the other side of the door and it was. Of course being younger and obsessed with women I imagined that. Anyway I was just shocked to have run into this guy leading me into a dream. Never heard anyone talk to me like that while im laying in bed. I've heard voices but very short lived and usually nothing to do with me as I go to sleep.

It's never happend again but after that I realized from that vibration state I could quite easily go into a dream, somewhat of a W.I.L.D method of lucid dreaming.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Yes I agree, even now after being through it so many times, it's not as freaky but still I think "uh ohh" haha. It happens to me like that too, one minute I'm pretty much asleep and the next im awake in my mind just about to undergo paralysis. I'm thankful I haven't been as cursed as some people who see demons or aliens in their rooms every time this happens. Most the time I get through without any negitive presence.

I used to actually enjoy false awakenings but one nightmare I had it was like I just couldn't escape. I kept waking up thinking "that was scary, good thing im awake now" and soon after elements from the nightmare started to re appear. It got to the point where I thought it was real life, that my life now was over. Lol, that was a pretty strange experience

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Your experiences seem very close to an OBE. Like you are 85/90% conscious but just not quite enough for a full one.

Ive tried quickly many times to project from the sleep paralysis platform, but its never worked because my desperation to wake up overpowers the want to project.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I love lucid dreaming an do all I can to increase the chances of it happening, including the method described in the OP, as well as attempting the W.I.L.D. method when I have the time.

I've only had one OOBE though and it was entirely accidental. I was attempting to WILD and instead of 'falling' into a dream like is the norm I felt myself rising and becoming lighter and lighter. I opened my eyes and was looking down at my sleeping body, and the clarity and amount of detail in my room told me instantly this was no mere lucid dream. Of course I freaked out and woke up about 3 seconds later. I had no idea what to make of it at the time but I now know out of body experiences are indeed real and possible. I've yet to repeat the experience though.

I'll try to focus on having an OOBE rather than just attaining lucidity for the next few weeks.

Also have you guys ever wondered my most people are so close minded when it comes to the realm of dreams? 99% of the people I meet either claim 'they don't dream' (absolutely false, everyone does they just don't remember) or they are quick to laugh it/you off and change the subject. I would think the ability to have unique, fantastical experiences every night would be very appealing but what do I know, this sick world makes zero sense to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join