It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My easy method to have an out of body experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I myself have had a different experience of sleep paralysis, almost the opposite actually. I woke up and I was laying beside my girlfriend at that time but I couldn't move, couldn't make a sound but my eyes were open and my mind was racing. All of a sudden it was like I tore through some layer and I sat up with a loud yell and woke her up and tried to explain what had happened. At first I thought I was dreaming but there was no break in consciousness from the paralysis to being able to move again. Very interesting to hear everyone's different experiences!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtf1is1happening
Also have you guys ever wondered my most people are so close minded when it comes to the realm of dreams? 99% of the people I meet either claim 'they don't dream' (absolutely false, everyone does they just don't remember) or they are quick to laugh it/you off and change the subject. I would think the ability to have unique, fantastical experiences every night would be very appealing but what do I know, this sick world makes zero sense to me.

I hear ya, I thought I didn't dream when I was around 12-14 years old. Then I read a lot on the internet and realized I was missing out, lol. Especially after reading about lucid dreams. I've done it when I was really young but I had no idea the amount of controle you actually have.

Luckly I have the friends I do, I can talk about this type of thing with them and they'll listen, input to the conversation. I know if I went out talking about this stuff with random people they'd have almost no interest. Some would, the worlds changing fast, lots of people are breaking out of the mundane mindset and entertaining different ideas. Im fairly young though at 22, the older generations seem to be quite set in the things they believe.

There was a time in highschool dreams were pretty much my life during the week. Had so much homework I'd pretty much be doing that all day until I went to bed. I had lucid dreams almost every night at that point. Most not starting lucid but later on becoming so. It was pretty sweet the first time I shot a DBZ style energy beam, haha

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i am defiantly going to try this tomorrow, i love lucid dreams the sex is great

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Some techniques may work towards lucid dreaming and OOBE, but they can cause you to be out of sync with yourself and you may well suffer the side effects.

The method I wrote about has no side effects because you are using your own dreams as a platform to project.

When you start messing around with your chakras, (energy points) and start opening and closing them from middle to top, or top to a couple down etc you will start having sleep paralysis and other odd things to do with sleep.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wanna try this, but is it dangerous?
Like can things go wrong? if so, how?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Would be nice too get some tips about how to escape sleep paralysis if it occurs??

I read somewhere maybe
coughing,
or sneezing
or squinting your face like a snarling dog
or wriggling extremities?

When I get really relaxed I can induce maybe the start of OBE? body shakes, loud buzzing, floating but then I get scared and return.

Also when I practice lucid dreaming(not often) I always try and fly, straight away the moment I realise i'm dreaming. Like I'll take off from where i am and just go straight up, cruise for 1-3 seconds then i look down and get scared i guess maybe not from heights but that im actually lucid and flying round?? and i wake up.

any tips?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have much more lucid dreams than not, but OOBE's are becoming more rare as the years roll on.

This method doesn't work for me. I can be aware of being in a dream, yet OOBE's only come in my case as the start of a crazy night, not after I'm already in a regular dream state.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow, man, that is a hell of an idea! definitly going to try this out. THANKS!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Haha. I'm not laughing at you, but at my experience with this method. The very first day, or maybe the second, that I reminded myself to ask whether I was dreaming, that night during a dream I automatically asked myself the question. I suppose since I reinforced and planted it in my mind through repitition and willpower. What I had read was to hold your nose, and if you could still breathe, then you were dreaming. If not, you were still awake.

So I hold my nose, and I can still breathe. But being in a dream, and not thinking correctly, in my mind I said "aww, I can breathe, so I'm not dreaming." Obviously I had it backwards, but I was not really "thinking" like when I am awake. It was quite funny to me the next day, instead of frustrating. I was happy that I was able to ask myself that question during a dream in the first place.

So maybe everyone else can learn a lesson from this. The method DOES work, especially for beginners. This is probably the best method. I was trying to have a lucid dream and not an OBE, but I don't know how much difference there is between the two. So remember to have it planned as to what you will do to check to see if you're dreaming. Although I could ask myself, I couldn't process the logic required to get a correct answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

But, if you're dreaming, how do you know that the OOBE isn't a dream? While in this state have you ever watched anyone in real life, and then tell them what they were doing while you were (I don't know what to call it) dreamoobing?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I just made a thread with this paragraph, but it can't hurt to put it in here,

Been reading into OOBE, Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection etc... a lot recently and a few of the pointers i read on a particular thread makes me think I've already experienced an OOBE, i can remember clearly being almost asleep, then suddenly a massive amount of white noise, followed by a literally unexplained feeling, my mind raced, i walked out of my bed, downstairs to the living room, i can only explain the next feeling like this, everything had a sort of bubble around it which i was aware of, but not via my eyes, or my hands, i was just 'concious' of that bubble around everything, i thought at the time i was just walking about half asleep, but i can remember now, i had a fear of looking back at my bed, possibly my mind safeguarding my from awakening a bit too soon (Seeing my body whilst at the same time walking away from it, mind-blown sort of moment) and scaring me, and allowing me to explore this sensation a little longer, i felt intense, scared, confused, my mind raced with a mathematical solution that i seemed to think was important, but i can't recall it... The more i read, the more i'm convinced this was an OOBE...
edit on 28/1/13 by freakanature because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join