It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no life after death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There is no such thing as life after death. you cease to exist the moment you die. What is not realized in near death experiences is that they are experiencing a dream state that the perceived time approaches infinity as the point of true death occurs. Consciousness is not energy. Your brain can be considered a flash drive and your mind and experiences are the information. What happens to the files when you destroy the drive? the files go as well not transmuted to any other form. Sorry guys when you die you are dead. You will experience a billion year long dream just for its lights out.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!!!!!
We do live on in the memories of others... our energy transferrs to everything around us... including people.... silly goose!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'll take what I can get.
Thanks for the informative yet opinionated heads up.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Do you have any proof? I have all the personal proof I need that says otherwise.

3rd

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If this is any consilation, people have been brought back from the dead. So what you are argueing here isn't exactly true.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Not sure how anyone can definitively say anything about a state that no one living has ever experienced. I think that science, while it has helped us to understand much about the world in which we live, is nonetheless limited when it comes to this kind of a subject. Whether there is life after death- in whatever form- or no life after death, I'm not sure why it's necessary to make a conscious decision on that now when the only time you're ever going to know the truth is after you've kicked the bucket, anyway. Kind of strange to make assertions about something that you (and I) literally know absolutely nothing about, unless you've got some kind of odd axe to grind...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I used to think the same but when you die your body gives off energy and electricity so where does it go? people have said that they were floating over their body when they died and saw the nurses and doctors trying to revive them and they could see everything that went on and told them afterwards everything word by word and step by step of what went on......and they were right.

Seeing what is going on around you when you are dying or dead while you can't see with your physical body is not a dream state.
edit on 28/3/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Why are you comparing flash drives, and deleted computer files to something more complex and unexplainable? Poor example, your going to need something better than that.

link   
reply to post by pellian

Boy, have you got a pleasant surprise waiting for you - or not, depending on how you conduct yourself in this life time. Be prepared to spend a lot of time with people like yourself.

edit on 28-3-2011 by kennyb72 because: Just - one to many

link   

Originally posted by pellian
There is no such thing as life after death. you cease to exist the moment you die. What is not realized in near death experiences is that they are experiencing a dream state that the perceived time approaches infinity as the point of true death occurs. Consciousness is not energy. Your brain can be considered a flash drive and your mind and experiences are the information. What happens to the files when you destroy the drive? the files go as well not transmuted to any other form. Sorry guys when you die you are dead. You will experience a billion year long dream just for its lights out.

That statement may seem logical from a shallow perspective. However, your body carries molecules, atoms, electrons, quarks, atomic nuclei, neutrinios etc. Those particles don´t die at all. If your atoms would disintegrate there would be a nuclear blast and the city would disappear from the explosion. That does not happen at all when people die. In the micro-dimensions people continue to live.

I quote from Zhuan Falun: www.falundafa.org...

From a high level, we find that when a person is dead, his Primordial Spirit does not become extinct. Why doesn’t the Primordial Spirit become extinct? In fact, we have seen that after a person is dead, his corpse in the mortuary is nothing but a body of human cells in our dimension. In this dimension, different cell tissues of the internal organs and all cells in the entire human body slough off, while in other dimensions the bodies made of particles more microscopic than molecules, atoms, protons, etc., are not at all dead. They exist in other dimensions and still live in the microscopic dimensions. What someone who does all kinds of evil deeds faces is the total disintegration of all of his cells, which Buddhism calls the extinction of body and soul.

We have different threads about reincarnation here, they are extremely supportive of the reincarnation loop concept and the cases number in the thousands:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian

That's your belief. Belief is not facts. Sorry, but when you die you'll "see" what happens.

But seriously, let people have their beliefs and stop stating yours as if it was a fact.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
How do you know? Have you died before?

I thought so.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

I bow to the wisdom of the poster.

To take one of , if not the, biggest philosophical question humankind has wrestled with for thousands of years, a question that has filled the books of the worlds greatest thinkers and still not been resolved, and sum it up in one small paragraph.......I'm just,,,just,,,,stunned.

We all may uncoil from our existential knots of anguish. It has been resolved. I'm so relieved.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wait, I cannot agree with your statement as to no life after death,
Then how did we get life in the first place? No one can explain the beauty of the conciousness, and your not born with one your receive during your toddler years. Well that's when I received mine, I cannot remember anything from my previous life but I have inherited my personality and characteristics from then.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well hell, I did fine the first 14.6 Billion years. I'm sure I'll do fine after I experience this 'blink of an eye' period called existence that I was lucky enough to have experienced at all!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Highly likely.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by America?
reply to post by pellian

Do you have any proof? I have all the personal proof I need that says otherwise.

Agreed
I too have all the personal proof i need.

And to OP
As another post said, You WILL be suprised

edit on 28-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think this thought is absolutely negative and can not be proven. Your proof is a best guess theory put forth by Doctors from various fields. The Earth Is Flat type of theory. I've read them, I've laughed at them. I've seen miracles.
If one opens his mouth wide enough, his brain disappears.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Ummmmmmm....have you checked out this thread? It might learn you some knowledge.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Simply put it is very very very easy to become and maintain a constant state of iconoclastic idealism.

For example.. watch this ....are you ready .....okay read below..

Your ideas are poopoo head...blahh...sorry but you are wrong, sorry but I know all the answers, sorry but blah!

See that, absolutely amazing huh? So you see, anyone can be the single gleaming point of light in a dark world of meaninglessness and hopelessness. Just like me.

edit on 28-3-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join