It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no life after death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
NDE's It happens when a large amount of '___' is released into your system right before you die. .

Perhaps you should do a bit more research on '___'. The notion is that '___' is released to allow your soul to enter prior to birth & to leave during death.

'___' The Spirit Molecule

Though I don't think I have ever died, I did once get a chance to view my body from about 12 feet above after I took a hard hit in the head while playing flag football without a helmet. It was as if I was quickly knocked out of my body & looked down at it & just as quickly returned.

I suppose you could argue it was my imagination, but why would I imagine leaving my body while completely awake in the middle of the day and seeing the tops of everyone's heads including my own. I could think of much better things to hallucinate about or imagine then seeing the top of my head from a dozen feet above.The time period was so short that my body continued standing for the period that I left and returned, but for a moment I didn't know what huddle to go to nor did I know my own name for a couple of minutes.

edit on 28-3-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"I am" even when I am not.

each night I die into dreamless sleep and then reappear back into my memories of an individual self awareness.

one might say the experience of lucid dreaming opens up a greater understanding of how people can die into the mass universal consciousness and then be brought back to life "reality" to be made real again ...kind of like a near death experience.

is there life after my body can no longer sustain life ...yes but not as I ( this individual self ) .... will know it ...

The greater understanding of death can be realised by the practise of "knowing your self"
and this can be achieved by peeling away the layers of that which you "believe" yourself to be.

"Death is just a dead body
and the only thing that dies is the fear of death itself "

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
There is no such thing as life after death. you cease to exist the moment you die. What is not realized in near death experiences is that they are experiencing a dream state that the perceived time approaches infinity as the point of true death occurs. Consciousness is not energy. Your brain can be considered a flash drive and your mind and experiences are the information. What happens to the files when you destroy the drive? the files go as well not transmuted to any other form. Sorry guys when you die you are dead. You will experience a billion year long dream just for its lights out.

Well, I guess that settles it then.

Good work. We'll be expecting your thesis proof soon, and don't forget to include all references and footnotes. Damn, it sure has been a long nightmare of ignorance that the entire human race has been subjected to. If only you'd shown up earlier with this, we could've all been spared the inanity of the last 6 thousand years.

I suppose that this means that God and all that business is balderdash as well.

Imagine that. You see, now this is why I check in on this website from time to time. There's no telling what sort of breakthrough will be waiting for me as I log on.

I guess this crucifix and rosary aren't doing me any good after all. Curses! They set me back quite a penny or two, they did.

Drat!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There is no such thing as life after death. you cease to exist the moment you die. What is not realized in near death experiences is that they are experiencing a dream state that the perceived time approaches infinity as the point of true death occurs. Consciousness is not energy. Your brain can be considered a flash drive and your mind and experiences are the information. What happens to the files when you destroy the drive? the files go as well not transmuted to any other form. Sorry guys when you die you are dead. You will experience a billion year long dream just for its lights out.

Seeing no ones been there and come back with any evidence either way including yourself my good friend you cannot say one way or the other, the only way to find out if there IS life after death and IF which God or religeon is right or wrong is to die and find the answer that way, but until then I think people will take comfort from their beliefs, I for one DO believe there is life after death, just not a material form as ALL religeon preaches.
I look forward to dying, ( not in any hurry for it though) to find the answers ( or have a long sleep).

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Can we please execute the op and see if his theory is right for some proof? somebody told me on here you need an experiment as proof.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Consciousness is not in our brain. And no, I didn't' die already once, but twice. And I know the other side, make your self ready for a "flash". We are not here, we just remote control this body through another dimension. You can learn how to leave your body without dieing. But what I'm talking, you'll find it out anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
"I am" even when I am not.

each night I die into dreamless sleep and then reappear back into my memories of an individual self awareness.

one might say the experience of lucid dreaming opens up a greater understanding of how people can die into the mass universal consciousness and then be brought back to life "reality" to be made real again ...kind of like a near death experience.

I agree with an earlier post by nedined comparing the body to a radio receiver and a radio station, I prefer a computer (soul) and robot (physical body) connected to it via a kind of bluetooth (mind). Each night the self lives on just like an application would continue to run on a computer, but the robot is offline and busy sorting out all the 'bad stuff' of the day, in a way cleaning itself of all my misconceptions of which I'm unaware of. Basically the self is something the computer made in order to further program itself but since I am that self and I don't know alot about this life I'm a bad programmer and the computer has to fix my bad coding each night. Sometimes it lets me in on something it corrected which I can understand to a degree and affect changes and this is why it shows me memories the next day of a dream.
edit on 28/3/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If there was no life after death, than what would be the point of life in the first place? No matter how good or bad we are now, it would not matter. There has to be life after death IMHO.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

REVELATIONS 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[a] were killed just as they had been.

AND THE SOULS COMMUNICATE & ARE AWARE!
BE WELL
edit on 3/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Oh please show us the proof of no life after death, I am dying to tackle this one.(no pun intended)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Everything that exists is energy. EVERYTHING.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

I was wondering, do you believe that we have a spirit or soul? or are we just flesh and blood?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2
reply to post by pellian

I was wondering, do you believe that we have a spirit or soul? or are we just flesh and blood?

what do you think?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've often wondered if this reality we are experiencing here now isn't some sort of collective dream state that we are all sharing and that when we die here we wake up to what is real on the other side.

The Bible even eludes to this when it says "we see as if through a glass darkly"

So, even though I appreciate your point of view, it's extremely narrow in perspective and acceptance. There is so much evidence that would support an afterlife, more so than would support nothing after death.

I would suggest you look into the research of Dr. Moody. Some say his studies were flawed but from what I have read he opened up much to be debated with documented cases of near death experiences especially with blind people who died momentarily and were able to see their surroundings, and after being revived gave detailed descriptions of what they saw as they floated above their bodies.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Well, if you say so I guess it must be true.???
I believe to the contrary. I also find it amazing how some can dismiss an NDE as the brain's altered "dream state" or the brain simply dying off yet those " brought back" have sometimes been able to recollect things that had happened outside the realm of what they could merely here or see.

I had a close family relative who had an NDE. He was not religious in the least or someone who believed in that "stuff. "He woke from being declared dead with a very articulate account of what had happened to him, including mentioning someone who had not died yet but was told they would be their soon.

My father passed away since then and the person he said would be joining him there died a few months after him.The person he claimed would be joining him was not sick or ill at the time he made the statements.

I must mention my father was not articulate. emotional or spritual in any way shape or form yet awoke to tell a full story including a description of the men who worked on him, although he had been declared dead at the time..
edit on 28-3-2011 by RedSongbird777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Sorry guys when you die you are dead. You will experience a billion year long dream just for its lights out.

I have to ask, is that what you truly believe? No afterlife what so ever...

I just can't wrap my head around how anyone can believe this to be completely honest. I mean, surely, everyone has to believe in at least something.. Don't they?
edit on 28-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

link   
Im not even going to get into this...OP Just Google "man dies and comes back to life"

Theres more evidence for life after then there is for UFO's, Reptilian overlords, the NWO, or any other conspiracy topic out there....

Just do a little research my friend....clearly you didn't do any before posting this rediculious topic

OR you're just trying to get a rise out of people

link   

How does that belief change your actions?

For me, I will readily admit that if I believed the way you believe, I would live out my days like Genghis Khan! I would live strictly by laws of nature, may the strong survive, and I would have no regard for any fellow human being that was not a blood relative or concubine of mine.

I don't believe the way you believe, I do believe that consciousness is energy, and it is part of a larger system, and something does survive, and therefore I am civilized and on a path to self-improvement.

I don't understand how someone can believe the way you believe, and still live within the constraints of civilization. Why? What is the point of self-restraint if you only have a limited amount of time and nothing more?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Sorry guys when you die you are dead.

You say that like it wouldn't be great news.

I would love it if that were true (well, not entirely). But it's not.

Count me in among those who already have experienced all the proof I need, your misunderstood analogies to computer architecture notwithstanding.

edit on 28-3-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

How does that belief change your actions?

For me, I will readily admit that if I believed the way you believe, I would live out my days like Genghis Khan! I would live strictly by laws of nature, may the strong survive, and I would have no regard for any fellow human being that was not a blood relative or concubine of mine.

I don't believe the way you believe, I do believe that consciousness is energy, and it is part of a larger system, and something does survive, and therefore I am civilized and on a path to self-improvement.

I don't understand how someone can believe the way you believe, and still live within the constraints of civilization. Why? What is the point of self-restraint if you only have a limited amount of time and nothing more?

OP never said he uses self- restraint. Who knows what kind of person this is on our boards?
One could go so far as to say that it's narcisisstic not to believe in the here after.

And this is a perfect example of why if there were no God. There would be no law.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join