It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Any thoughts on this?

Or am I trolling?

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It is impossible for an object to stay (from earth's perspective) 'behind' the sun, unless it is on the exact opposite orbit whilst orbiting at the exact same speed as earth, even then we would know it was close due to perturbations in all the other planets orbits.

So the argument that it is staying behind the sun is moot, therefore the need to see it during the day and near the sun is moot because it will move away from the sun at some point.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

you know ..its very hard to imagine everything based only only text..do you mind if you paint an illustration?

not that im saying that you are wrong in anyway..

i just started a low carb diet and im quiet low on energy
and thinking all this stuff makes me a headache

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You don't even believe you can see regular planets or stars during the daytime, until you can grapple with that one I doubt you can be convinced of much to be honest.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

i would love you to find some pictures from daily telescopic observations of stars..10q

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

There is no such being called Anunnaki.

Sitchin has poor interpretation skills and is FAR from an Expert like Mike Heisner P.H.D is.

Mike has a doctorate in the field and should be brought to ATS to dis-spell this Nibiru-Anunnaki crap.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
the pcture i posted o fthat telescope is applying the Solar Filter you are referring to to watch Venus and Mercury..you see..there are 3 Holes..

1 FOR THE SUN
1 FOR MERCURY
1 FOR VENUS

I know absolutely nothing about astronomy, but it's obvious from the photo this is not the case.

If you notice in the picture, there are 3 telescopes. There is the large main one, and 2 smaller ones off to the side. They may be light sensors or something else (remember, I know nothing).

The large hole is for the main telescope, the other holes for the other 2 things. The holes aren't for looking at different places in the sky.

Because the [glare shield] (for lack of the proper term) is fixed to the telescope, wherever you point it, you will look at. Unimpeded. A telescope does not have peripheral vision or anything so it really stops nothing but glare, from my limited observation point.

Also, because the earth travels around the sun (year), there is nothing hidden on the other side we cannot see. The only exception to this would be if the [brown dwarf] orbited the sun at exactly the same rate as earth.

Also, see here.

edit on 28/3/11 by GobbledokTChipeater because: added link

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Guys

I think i have some Nibiru pics taken from this morning, two objects next to the sun around 4am-7am then the sun lifts out of the pollution & haze and engulfs the object close to it one of them looks like a small sun next to the sun & the other an orange type object abit smaller, now i'm not one to go shouting about Nibiru but these pictures kind scare me, as i'm sure it could not of been lens flare i was moving my camera left & right to get the glare out the way and every time i moved it i could see 3 objects/balls one being the Sun

I'm not 100% sure they are lens flares or not in don't really understand how it works all i know is they the objects did not move while the lens flares did if that makes any sense, plus im really tired from working nights

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There is a few pictures on this link. Even a video showing Capella and Betegeuse.
sky.velp.info...
edit on 28-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It's nearly 300 million miles away and barreling toward us. The intruder from deep space, called called comet Elenin, crosses Earth's orbit on its inbound leg and again on its outbound swing around the sun later this year.
Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin discovered the innocuous little comet on Dec. 10, 2010, at International Scientific Optical Network's robotic observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico.
Presently the comet is a faint smudge of light in deep sky exposures. By late August comet Elenin should be visible to the naked eye as a dim "fuzzy star" with a tail. Over a few weeks the visitor will speed across the spring constellation Virgo and toward Leo on its outbound leg.
news.discovery.com...

In approximately 8 months from the time it was discovered an inbound object “should” become viable to the naked eye and will be passing earth over the following few weeks. I am curious why everyone is so convinced an amateur with a telescope would see something coming? Are there any of you here on ATS that can see this comet right now with your telescope?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

you cant find a brown dwarf like that sry

also its not even close to the Sun..fail

edit on 28-3-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Personally I think there is something important about Elenin.
Just too much syncronicity about it.
What it is and what it´s not, I can´t tell ya.
All I know is that when we have our minds closed we only see our own bias reflected.
We base our knowledge of the Universe on what we can measure, fair enough.
If something unexpected shows up, we correct our perceptions.
Correct these ´laws´ of physics to our current knowledge.
In my mind several possibilities are open.
The incoming body/event could be the cross over between our dimension or another.
(Way out for some, but I truly find this possible and amazing so please respect that)
Some physics talk about a Multiverse rather than a Universe, several dimensions interwoven spiralled into eachothers.
What if this this Nibiru were a gateway (or the ignitor of the gateway) to the next dimension.
Well, I don´t know anything, but I realize that this is amazing times we´re living in, and I for one intend to keep my mind open (using my inner compass and discernment), and hope for you all to do that to.
We can´t always use our experience and knowledge, sometimes we have to improvise as we move along.
I have confidence in that it´ll be good, and we´ll do great.
Time to face our own ignorence and let it go.

Stay safe

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Ok try this quick animation I just did then.

Yellow circle is the sun.
Blue dot is earth
Red dot is object hiding from earth's view behind the sun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7935ae61fbe.gif[/atsimg]

Do you see what I mean by it having to have an identical, opposite orbit?

Then there is the fact that the common theory about Nibiru is that it has an elliptical orbit, this makes the likelihood of it hiding behind the sun even less.

Then there is also the fact that there are plenty of satellites that a facing the sun front and back all day every day, in fact just recently the two STEREO craft aligned with the sun perfectly so that were looking at it front and and back at the same time.

So in all reality there is no hiding behind the sun.

And finally to reiterate and add to the above orbit diagram, this is what the inner planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars) orbiting the sun:

galileo.phys.virginia.edu...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It proves these things are visible in daylight, something you claim is not possible and it clearly is.
If a brown dwarf is in our solar system it would be visible to us because it reflects light, it would be visible to the naked eye at night and with a scope in the day. Even if it is close to the sun you can still see objects at 10° possibly less.
And besides all of that it would be causing noticeable effects on the entire solar system.
edit on 28-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a32a467c18cb.jpg[/atsimg]

I've found that the best way to spot Venus in the daytime is to first note the angular distance between the Sun and Venus by observing Venus shortly after sunset. Then, the next day, find an observing site where the Sun is blocked from view (essential both for eye safety and to allow the iris to dilate and see Venus better against the sky). From that location, sweep the sky in overlapping fields with binoculars pre-focused at infinity by observing an object on the horizon. Sweep along the ecliptic in the area with the angular separation from the Sun noted the previous night. Since the Sun is blocked from view at your observing site, you can freely scan the sky without fear of damaging your vision by inadvertently sweeping past the Sun.

When you sweep past Venus, you'll know it. Even with my battered, poorly collimated, and cheap 6×30s, Venus is a brilliant speck of white against the blue sky. Once you've found Venus with binoculars, put the binoculars down and observe that area of sky with the naked eye. If the sky is perfectly clear your eye has no reference to focus upon so if you've learned the trick of consciously focusing your eyes, changing the focus may help Venus pop out from the sky

John Walker

Wherever Nibiru is alleged to be, someone would have spotted it. There would be a flurry of e-mails as people confirm the observation and the IAU would be informed. It would eventually be added to this publically available list:
IAU Minor Planet Center

If it were potentially dangerous, you would find it listed here:
SpaceWeather.com

Note that asteroid 2009BD is highlighted in red because it will pass less than one lunar distance close to Earth.You cannot hide something in the sky.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OK

Here they are

Taken this morning from 4AM-7AM

Original
img141.imageshack.us...

Sharpness /tinkering
img291.imageshack.us...

Inverted
img13.imageshack.us...

Emboss
img815.imageshack.us...

Emboss 2
img197.imageshack.us...

No idea what they are or weather they are lens flares or not i couldn't see them like they are in the pictures above by eye, it was just a big bright haze but when i glanced at the camera screen,with the camera pointed at the sun slightly to the left to counter the glare, i could see all 3 objects and they was not moving when i moved the camera to cancel glare etc, only a few balls/lens flares was visible on the screen moving everywhere, but these things was 100% perfectly still sat on the left of the sun as seen in the pictures above,

This picture is the sun looking directly at it with the cam & not canceling out the glare
img405.imageshack.us...

edit on 28-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's not there.
At least not even remotely close. It's just not there.
There is a tiny little comet on the way.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

ote that asteroid 2009BD is highlighted in red because it will pass less than one lunar distance close to Earth.You cannot hide something in the sky.

About the same distance as Elenin on it's closest approach.

Poor BD2009 getting ignored.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

im sorry you did a lot of effort..its an interesting effect..but it seems it happens when you take the picture of the sun behind some glass ..were you behind a window right

1 question though..you just happened to take the picture of the Sun or you could see something with the naked eye?

also you can see you have another reflection bottom right

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

These appear to be fairly classic internal reflections within your lens. I can't imagine they could be anything else as those objects would rival the size of the Sun if they were real and were anywhere near as distant. No one could possibly miss such huge objects.

So, no, they are not real.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Ok try this quick animation I just did then.

Yellow circle is the sun.
Blue dot is earth
Red dot is object hiding from earth's view behind the sun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7935ae61fbe.gif[/atsimg]

Do you see what I mean by it having to have an identical, opposite orbit?

Then there is the fact that the common theory about Nibiru is that it has an elliptical orbit, this makes the likelihood of it hiding behind the sun even less.

Then there is also the fact that there are plenty of satellites that a facing the sun front and back all day every day, in fact just recently the two STEREO craft aligned with the sun perfectly so that were looking at it front and and back at the same time.

So in all reality there is no hiding behind the sun.

And finally to reiterate and add to the above orbit diagram, this is what the inner planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars) orbiting the sun:

galileo.phys.virginia.edu...

you have no idea how much the diagram helped

very good..

regarding planet X...believe me..i only like to question everything...this idea just popped into my mind yesterday..i still think its a cool idea and did my best to let it live...

and..

i still have one thing to check once at home...if an object can be visible at daytime from various parts..and visible at night time only from the north or south pole..if proven that shall be called nibireureka

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join