It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
still i confirm ...you cant see a dwarf star with a telescope from earth during daytime

You not parroting constantly and actually corroborating your tired statements with evidence would be nice.

Though in a way, I suppose you're right. Because no dwarf star, much less a brown dwarf, is anywhere near us.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The OP started with valid questions, IMO. Those questions were answered quickly and truthfully. But OP denied the validity of such answers and proving himself less than interested in the truth. In the end, he looks quite the fool.

However...

This thread led me to a question, or rather a series of questions, regarding the orbit of this alleged beast called Nibiru.

This picture:
www.alienresearchcorp.com...

It shows the orbit of Nibiru. Supposedly.

But, what exactly is Nibiru supposedly orbiting? Our sun? With a 3,600 year orbit so freakishly elongated, wouldn't something outside our solar system "grab" Nibiru? Are there not other star systems in that orbit path?

I admit to being uneducated in this area of knowledge and am sincerely open to comments from anyone with education and/or experience on the matter.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

i will check if an object can be visible only during daytime..whilst at night time it will be only visible from the north or south pole

The only way that could happen is if it were exactly in Earths orbit, and exactly on the other side of the sun. It would have to be exactly in Earth's orbit in order for it to stay exactly on the other side of the sun. Any closer in or further out would make it's orbit different than Earths, and so also it's orbital period. It would "creep out" from behind the sun, and then it would become visible.

If it were in such an orbit, it could never present a danger to the Earth, since it would always and forever be 2 AU away, with the entire mas of the sun between the two.

Back in the 60's, one of the "contactees", I forget which one, claimed that there was an Earth-like planet exactly in Earths orbit and exactly on the other side of the sun, where the UFO's of the time were alleged to be coming from. Turns out that wasn't so, either...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

still i confirm ...you cant see a dwarf star with a telescope from earth during daytime

You not parroting constantly and actually corroborating your tired statements with evidence would be nice.

Though in a way, I suppose you're right. Because no dwarf star, much less a brown dwarf, is anywhere near us.

Well, our Sun is dwarf star, precisely Yellow Dwarf.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel

Originally posted by NyxOne

Well, our Sun is dwarf star, precisely Yellow Dwarf.

Touche.

But let's use size.

www.news.wisc.edu...

One reported example here is supposedly 50 times the size of Jupiter.

Brown dwarfs in general are reported to be around Jupiter's size, generally, and Jupiter is clearly visible in the daytime with the right equipment.

So I'm being told that something as large and as bright as Jupiter, if not brighter, because they reflect light, cut it out with the 'invisible' bull#, and something that would have torn our planets out of their orbits, somehow goes completely unseen by anyone.

Okay.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
you have been all attacking me and the truth is you didnt try to understand the thread ... pathetic very pathetic...i suggest you re-read the thread from page 1...i aint rude..i defended myself..it is quiet obvious i have been attacked and not understood and you know what..i am a very honest person..i admit some people hurt me because i could smell their intentions even through the web...but deep inside i know they know what i meant and i also know many who will have the patience to re read my post can actually see what my intentions were...and it is still very debatable imo

in the meantime..small gift from me.not fur the ugly guru's though ..you wont appreciate haha

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by heineken

There is an old saying, "Those who know the least know it the loudest."

IF YOU APPLY THE SOLAR FILTER YOU HAVE TO ONLY LET THE SUN VISIBLE...YOU HAVE TO COVER THE REST YOU UNDERSTAND?????????????? YOU CANNOT LOOK OUT FOR STARS OR COMETS DURING DAYTIME....YOU GRASP THE CONCEPT NOW??????...I ALSO POSTED YOU A PICTURE OF WHAT SETUP IS NEEDED TO VIEW VENUS DURING THE DAY??? YOU CANT USE A TELESCOPE DURING THE DAY OK

It is not necessary to scream to show us that you do not understand a procedure you have never done yourself, and will never do I sure. Lots of people have used a telescope during the daytime and not used the set up you showed.

Besides, what about eclipses. They happen at least once a year.

Does this fantasy of yours do a quick "duck and cover" during the eclipse?

Not to mention that the initial premise is in error.

I've observed Venus in broad daylight with the naked eye up to 11:38 am or so at maximum elongation.

I've observed Mercury up to around 9:45 am or so with the naked eye, in broad daylight.

No special equipment needed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Sorry but you still ignore everything is posted in here by lots of folks, can we move on?? ....

In the universe a brown dwarfs is really small, but in a solar system (can you get it??) its a dam big object! and his magnetic influence is BIG! so you don't need a telescope in the day to see it or detect it...get it???? his magnetic influence would be felt by the sun and every planet in our solar system! and I bet you that it would be no small earthquakes here on earth, again it would be massive super earthquakes, massive mega tsunamis and massive mega tornado's and so on..... and the same on the rest of planets in our solar system!! can you get this information?? or should i post it again??? you don't need a telescope in plain daylight to detect an object 4 times the size of Jupiter in our solar system!! .

And sorry there are some telescopes from some brands (Coronado...look for it on Google or you are so lazy that cant even do that??) that can see the sun in different spectrum's of light and they don't cost the arm and the leg, they start at 500 dls sir!!

OK here is the link so you can see some photos with this telescopes made by Amateur astronomers using a 500 dls solar telescope.

www.meade.com...

I made your homework lazy..

You can see there some photos of our sun using this type of telescopes at plain daylight in glorious way, this telescope i can tell you cant detect a brown dwarf behind the sun if it was there...

Can we move on now??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thats it. I'm gonna try to find a telescope and mess around with it. I am on board with the OP. I am hearing a lot of "bla bla bla" but no "I just whipped out my amateur telescope and looked at the sun and there was no nibiru." Seems like a great many ATSrs have that human disease where you like to talk talk talk but not do. I am gonna try to find a telescope. I suggest all you non-believers do the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You could if one were anywhere in the Solar System - except, of course, exactly in Earth's orbit on exactly the other side of the Sun. You could see it even with the naked eye in broad daylight, and putting a 'scope on it would just be icing on the cake.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by manicmaniac

Given that orbit, and depending on the inclination of it (towards or away from the ecliptic) you would be able to see that object at any time that it was outward from Earth's orbit and you could also see Capricorn at that point.

A 3600 year orbit with the eccentricity shown would never leave the solar system, much less go out far enough to be captured by any other stars.

It WOULD, however, disrupt all the planets whose orbit it crossed inbound, and they wouldn't be here for us to see now - they'd have been flung out of the solar system aeons ago.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When I was briefly fasting last summer, at one point upon closing my eyes, I had a sort of image of a starry sky with an object travelling through it. This object was completely black and I could only deduce its presence as it blotted out the stars in the background. To be honest though, due to the fact that this image was only marginally different to what I'd normally see when closing my eyes (it was hardly a cinema quality image of space) I've never really considered it be convincing . I did however, open my eyes in astonishment at first and then close them to find the same 'vision'.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL
Thats it. I'm gonna try to find a telescope and mess around with it. I am on board with the OP. I am hearing a lot of "bla bla bla" but no "I just whipped out my amateur telescope and looked at the sun and there was no nibiru." Seems like a great many ATSrs have that human disease where you like to talk talk talk but not do. I am gonna try to find a telescope. I suggest all you non-believers do the same.

You really think that no-one would spot something right by our own Sun?

Do you know how heavily monitored it is?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by manicmaniac

Given that orbit, and depending on the inclination of it (towards or away from the ecliptic) you would be able to see that object at any time that it was outward from Earth's orbit and you could also see Capricorn at that point.

A 3600 year orbit with the eccentricity shown would never leave the solar system, much less go out far enough to be captured by any other stars.

It WOULD, however, disrupt all the planets whose orbit it crossed inbound, and they wouldn't be here for us to see now - they'd have been flung out of the solar system aeons ago.

Thank you.

That is logical. If only others could grasp logic.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Although any telescope (or steadily-held binoculars) will allow the phases of Venus to be seen, the planet is a notoriously difficult one to observe, for three main reasons. Firstly, whenever the planet is visible (shortly before sunrise or after sunset) it is positioned at a low altitude (angle above the horizon) where it is immersed in haze and atmospheric turbulence, which adversely affects the quality of the image seen in the telescope. Consequently most telescopic observers prefer to view the planet in full daylight - when its altitude is much higher - taking special care to shield the Sun from view. Secondly, the planet's brilliance - although making it a very obvious and beautiful object to the naked-eye - causes a menacing glare when seen through a telescope. Thirdly, the planet itself is permanently cloaked in thick cloud, so its surface features are never visible through telescopes. Most amateur astronomers can therefore only expect to observe its characteristic phase changes, but little else. Experienced observers using medium and larger-sized telescopes often observe detail in its cloud features by attaching ultraviolet (UV), infrared (IR) or colour filters to the telescope eyepiece. In the latter category, yellow, blue and violet filters help to reduce the glare of the planet and improve the contrast of its cloud features whilst orange and red filters help to reduce the brightness of the sky during daylight observations. Even when using large telescopes, observers often report that Venus does not take high magnification well; magnifications over 300x are rarely beneficial, the image succumbing to the effects of low contrast and atmospheric turbulence.

as you can see i did some research...i did a lot actually..and as stated in here it is very very difficult to see Venus..imagine a dwarf star not emitting too much light and still very distant from us..please take a while to read what i posted before flaming..

source : www.nakedeyeplanets.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

you are only show how ignorant you both are on the subject...

again..

you cant see a damn thing with a telescope if you dont apply this..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e877f6e4f63.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow... Are you two married?

Just asking.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
the truth is...im still convinced that a dwarf star still distant is very difficult to locate during daytime not knowing its location..

now if its visible in the night sky or not from around the world is another story

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Although any telescope (or steadily-held binoculars) will allow the phases of Venus to be seen, the planet is a notoriously difficult one to observe, for three main reasons. Firstly, whenever the planet is visible (shortly before sunrise or after sunset) it is positioned at a low altitude (angle above the horizon) where it is immersed in haze and atmospheric turbulence, which adversely affects the quality of the image seen in the telescope. Consequently most telescopic observers prefer to view the planet in full daylight - when its altitude is much higher - taking special care to shield the Sun from view. Secondly, the planet's brilliance - although making it a very obvious and beautiful object to the naked-eye - causes a menacing glare when seen through a telescope. Thirdly, the planet itself is permanently cloaked in thick cloud, so its surface features are never visible through telescopes. Most amateur astronomers can therefore only expect to observe its characteristic phase changes, but little else. Experienced observers using medium and larger-sized telescopes often observe detail in its cloud features by attaching ultraviolet (UV), infrared (IR) or colour filters to the telescope eyepiece. In the latter category, yellow, blue and violet filters help to reduce the glare of the planet and improve the contrast of its cloud features whilst orange and red filters help to reduce the brightness of the sky during daylight observations. Even when using large telescopes, observers often report that Venus does not take high magnification well; magnifications over 300x are rarely beneficial, the image succumbing to the effects of low contrast and atmospheric turbulence.

as you can see i did some research...i did a lot actually..and as stated in here it is very very difficult to see Venus..imagine a dwarf star not emitting too much light and still very distant from us..please take a while to read what i posted before flaming..

source : www.nakedeyeplanets.com...

...No, it isn't.

Venus is easily visible with the right equipment, and at least one person said he could see it until almost noon. I'd also think they'd use appropriate filters.

Not that glare shield you posted.

Do you just filter out the things that tear your arguments to shreds?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
and so i'm not totally convinced with NASA's explanation to the existance of a dwarf star entering our solar system..since they emphasize too much on amateur astronomers would have spotted it

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

the truth is...im still convinced that a dwarf star still distant is very difficult to locate during daytime not knowing its location..

now if its visible in the night sky or not from around the world is another story

Well, uh, considering how difficult it would be to miss an object that would be as bright as Jupiter, or brighter, in the night sky, yeah. No.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join