It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's stick together as Americans.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There's a lot going on in the world today, so it's more true than ever that we need to stick together and hold on to our core beliefs and values that make us American. - And that makes us GREAT.

Let's forget about the rest of the world. Their problems are their problems. Let them deal with it. We have enough worries of our own. We should just relax. Let us be entertained. We should enjoy our weekends - we should socialize and have fun. We should continue to BE AMERICAN. Enjoy ourselves. Be happy. Ask yourself, "I am happy why?" "Because I'm an American." Just being American gives me an advantage over every other citizen of any other country. American's are great. We must remember this.

Why are American's great? Because we are, baby. Think about it. Every other person in the world wants to be American. Our Presidents have given us the inspiration to be great at everything and anything we do. Don't forget if it wasn't for all the past Presidencies of yesteryear America wouldn't be the great nation it is today. We would do well to remember this.

There seems to be a new "cool" and "hip" thing these days to question our government - but why? Because it's cool to "think outside the box"? The real truth is, it's just a new fad. One which will disappear like all the other fads.

Our government is made up of Americans. Their children are Americans - and their children will be AMERICANS too. Would they really want to destroy their own future generations?? See, the thing is - people like to think about "the government" as some sort of secret shadowy machine - when in fact, it's just a bunch of Americans. Americans, making the right decisions that we VOTE for, for our future. If we want to criticize the government - we may as well just criticize ourselves.

So lets just enjoy the ride fellow citizens. The world is a great place. America is a great place. Let's just remember our roots, enjoy our families - and remember that to be American, is to be great and to stay patriotic. We need to stick together.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
posts like yours are the reason people hate americans..
2nd

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Welcome to the global village, i hope your stay in this world wide community is just as good over there as it is over here.
Attitudes like this are so 16th century.
edit on 27-3-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
America isn't a race, but human is. There's no reason to discriminate because of invisible lines that segregate people. Things are a lot easier if everyone works together for mutual benefit, which isn't possible right now. Once humans reclaim compassion and love for one another, the world will be a beautiful place.

We all bleed red, my friend.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Someone has been watching to much TV

Can you say Sheepeople

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hahahaha!

Sorry mate, not everyone wants to be american. I do agree that you should take care of your own first though, it's what everyone should be doing.

Certainly should not be spearheading what appears to be another illegal invasion into a sovereign country, or even poking it's nose into any country's business unless specifically asked.

I hope you're enjoying the relaxing weekends

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is why America is what it is today

Why are American's great? Because we are, baby.
WRONG! This is the ideal that has this country failing to recognize that we are in fact loathed. So good luck with ideals of what America should be and not what America is.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
Someone has been watching to much TV

Can you say Sheepeople

Ha ha ha ha!! And what do you do?? What do YOU do to save the planet eh? What do YOU do to save all the "sheepeople". Ha ha ha ha!!! Now that IS funny! Another simpleton that has fast hands on a keyboard but a quiet tongue. Just the way I like it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
im in australia, it amazes me every time your greedy nation is broke it causes a war or invades a country and the other 6 billion of us have to pay for it and keep america floated .... i never understood the point of pledging allegiance to a flag ffs its made from oil and burns very nicely, whinge whinge our petrols $4 a gallon ... suck it up you should be poaying $7 like the rest of the world, God bless the world pffft

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Okay guys, No need for pointless insults,.. The posts in this thread are quickly reaching the point of beining in violation of the T&C link...

To the OP: I agree with the opening to your thread.. The world is going through a lot right now.. But after that i start to disagree with you.. Granted You are correct, We could use a better foreign policy..

That being said, This quote from the op..Is exactly what is wrong with america today..This kind of attitude., There is nothing wrong with having a little home town pride..

Why are American's great? Because we are, baby. Think about it. Every other person in the world wants to be American. Our Presidents have given us the inspiration to be great at everything and anything we do. Don't forget if it wasn't for all the past Presidencies of yesteryear America wouldn't be the great nation it is today. We would do well to remember this.

But it is wrong to assume that the rest of the world shares our views and this some how makes us better as "human beings"..

Life is a Very human experience.. And if we want to accomplish anything great in this world. We all need to wake up and realize this,

Support your fellow Americans, of course.. But don't forget about the rest of your brothers and sisters.. Erase the imaginary borders that separate us all.. You will start to see we are all equal,

We are not Americans..We are part of a much larger culture my friend, The human race..

edit on 27-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sorry friend You do not even have grasp on what it means to be American.

I am suppose to be fat, dumb, and happy, this it what makes a good American… You my friend are brainwashed.

Our jobs are exported to third world nations, our currency is worthless, our Military is used to enforce Corporate greed, our constitutional protections are a thing of the past and we now live in a Police State, and you Want me to be happy about that.

Sorry friend, I have no blinders on. I see the collapse of the nation and the enslavement of the people and I refuse to Be Happy with that.

Take your Prozac, wash it down with fluoride and turn American Idol on and everything will be alright.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

We are in the world because America is:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed2506a6450.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

I'll pass. If you want all Americans to stick together, then you have to treat all Americans like it. You have to serve all Americans at all restaurants. You have to allow all Americans to travel via Greyhound without being dragged into a back office and strip searched. You have to act like what you say.
Unfortunately, America doesn't do this. They say one thing, but then they do another. They think that because they said something that you'll do what they want, but this simply is not the case.
I'm not entitled to anything in America. Yeah, I've got at least 60 grand in the bank, but that's because no one wants it. Restaurants won't take it, and I can't buy Greyhound tickets to go on vacation. Not even the hunnies want it.. they would never take money from a black guy, ever. The last non-black American that asked me for money, they then said they didn't want it and that I was to go with them around the corner and pay it to an undercover cop! I can't do anything with it, so it just keeps accumulating. My loot (ah, that black guy's loot) is worth less than your loot (ah, that non-black guy's loot). I can't even go outside and walk down the street in America without getting stopped by the cops. I can't do anything but sit here and run outside once a day real quick to get one meal a day to eat real quick, and hope they serve me. Anything more than that increases the "risk" to my personal safety.
You're full of bull. America is impossibly crappy.
edit on 27-3-2011 by MegaCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm not an American and don't want to be one, but I do think America has been a force for good in the world in many ways. My dislike of bigotry includes anti-Americanism. Sometimes, like all of us, they get it wrong, but I don't think we should be hating on individual American people just because of what some of their government, media, military or business types do. America is a vast country with people of all types of mindsets and views. To any anti-American I'd point out that for every single one you don't like, there will be a hundred that you could.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
There's a lot going on in the world today, so it's more true than ever that we need to stick together and hold on to our core beliefs and values that make us American. - And that makes us GREAT.

Let's forget about the rest of the world. Their problems are their problems. Let them deal with it. We have enough worries of our own. We should just relax. Let us be entertained. We should enjoy our weekends - we should socialize and have fun. We should continue to BE AMERICAN. Enjoy ourselves. Be happy. Ask yourself, "I am happy why?" "Because I'm an American." Just being American gives me an advantage over every other citizen of any other country. American's are great. We must remember this.

There seems to be a new "cool" and "hip" thing these days to question our government - but why? Because it's cool to "think outside the box"? The real truth is, it's just a new fad. One which will disappear like all the other fads.

Our government is made up of Americans. Their children are Americans - and their children will be AMERICANS too. Would they really want to destroy their own future generations?? See, the thing is - people like to think about "the government" as some sort of secret shadowy machine - when in fact, it's just a bunch of Americans. Americans, making the right decisions that we VOTE for, for our future. If we want to criticize the government - we may as well just criticize ourselves.

So lets just enjoy the ride fellow citizens. The world is a great place. America is a great place. Let's just remember our roots, enjoy our families - and remember that to be American, is to be great and to stay patriotic. We need to stick together.

you need to go back to your mountains or swamp wherever you come from. we as americans care about the rest of the world nameingly the people..you sir are a raw example of a caring american, shoo you mis represent americans

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo
im in australia, it amazes me every time your greedy nation is broke it causes a war or invades a country and the other 6 billion of us have to pay for it and keep america floated .... i never understood the point of pledging allegiance to a flag ffs its made from oil and burns very nicely, whinge whinge our petrols $4 a gallon ... suck it up you should be poaying $7 like the rest of the world, God bless the world pffft

not all americans are like this OP. He is a extremely raw example of who we are as an american people. we actually do care, most of us anyhow..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Certainly should not be spearheading what appears to be another illegal invasion into a sovereign country,

Might want to get your facts straight- it was England and France who were itching to go into Libya with guns blazing, not the U.S.........

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
America has given the world baseball, Harley Davidson and rock n roll BAM!!!! suck it biatches. Whats Australia given the world? Mmmmmm beastiality ooommpp gg.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Every other person in the world wants to be American.

Why? You don't even have as many freedoms as Canadians, or many other countries, that I can see.
Many of the Americans on this site are the ones worrying about FEMA camps, China, Russia.......
Now there's also the TSA.

Education and healthcare are falling behind other countries also.

There is a reason there's a forum called US Political Madness. It's because the US government is a little bit nuts.

You're not even allowed to travel to Cuba. You're not as free as you think. Only certain groups are allowed there, and there are still rules.
Canadians and other countries can travel there, anytime we want.

The president said he had instructed the relevant government departments to allow religious groups and students to travel to the communist-run island.

www.bbc.co.uk...
How are you free, if you're not allowed to travel anywhere in the world that you want to?

I've seen news stories out of America, covering things like outlawing gardens. Outlawing the collection of rainwater. Houses being foreclosed on even while all payments are being made. Banking problems. People losing their rights. TSA gropings.

There's also lots of visible racism, and way too much concentration on religion.

The craziest stories on these forums seem to come out of the states, which are often focused on the lack of rights of the citizens.

America would never be on my list of countries to move to, if I ever had to leave Canada. :shk:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Originally posted by Garfee

Certainly should not be spearheading what appears to be another illegal invasion into a sovereign country,

Might want to get your facts straight- it was England and France who were itching to go into Libya with guns blazing, not the U.S.........

Oh my, did I say America? Perhaps it is because it is such a loathed, war-mongering country that it just slipped out.

Forgive me, What meant to say was the USA is a peace-loving nation with no intention of invading yet another country with no actual reason that to create wealth for corporations, dragging in idiot other countries like lap dogs.

Get your facts straight. Mate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join