It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT plant operator says radioactivity in water at reactor No. 2 10 million times usual level

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

Ugh!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
what does leaking radioactive fluid mean and is that the same as 10 million times worse or is this actually worse now than 10 million times worse. (yes worse is an actual scientific term here in Oregon.)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I use-to have a salt water fish tank. Part of the reason was because it was very difficult to maintain the water in a condition that would sustain life. That challenge is both the reason I had the tank and eventually gave up on it.

Unlike Chernoble I don;t think anyone really knows what will happen if a large quantity of radioactive poison is dumped into the Ocean. I do know that it doesn't take much to kill everything in a fish tank.

Changing the chemical balance just a fraction could be disastrious to all life in the ocean.

Isn't there a prophecy in the Bible about how a third of the ocean would die. Some say that Niburu would be the culprit. Turns out we can do it ourselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

there is a spoken translation

this does not sound good at all
man were screwed

xploder

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

And that was from Thursday!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I remember this drill from elementary school. Is this the part where I put my head between my knees and kiss my a## good-by?????

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If I was a Dentyne Ice Marketing Exec I'd definitely run an ad where you see one of the Fukushima 50 workers just chew a bit of the gum and blow directly into the reactor freezing it. Sales increase by 1000% guaranteed.
edit on 27-3-2011 by JohnnyWarbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There is no way in hell that I will be going fishing anywhere near there.

I will def postpone my fishing trip and see what happens

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hopefully it will be diluted in the ocean? Oh god. First its oil and now radioactive chemicals. Its been over 2 1/2 weeks this has been going on now and the levels are increasing, not going down as some have said. The area around the plant is going to be dead for a long time and who knows the long term damage it may cause?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
All this does is show the msm confirm things we all knew over a week ago.
Second line

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Hopefully it will be diluted in the ocean? Oh god. First its oil and now radioactive chemicals. Its been over 2 1/2 weeks this has been going on now and the levels are increasing, not going down as some have said. The area around the plant is going to be dead for a long time and who knows the long term damage it may cause?

All I know is Godzilla is going to be mad as hell. I know I would.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Leuren Moret has said that each of these reactors contains the equivalent radioactive pollution of 92,000 atomic bombs like dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

multiply that times 4 or 6 if you want to

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
From what I read on the mega thread, this means it is about 1 sV/h. The chernobyl pumps were about 50 sV/h, so it's still smaller compared.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Is that radioactive enough to cause a nuclear explosion?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
From what I read on the mega thread, this means it is about 1 sV/h. The chernobyl pumps were about 50 sV/h, so it's still smaller compared.

Pred...

Ahhh, but you forget that Chernobyl did not have the MOX fuel deadly mixture of depleted Uranium and Plutonium.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Fox News just broke in with the 10 million number as well.

Do I really need a second line for this? 10 million = BAD.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

it is physically impossible for the plant to cause a nuclear explosion

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Fukushima Daiichi
Containment
Pressure suppression pool
Unit 1
46 SV/h
31.6 SV/h
Unit 2
52 SV/h
1.8 SV/h

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mobocracy

Radiation is radiation though, it doesn't matter what it is, 50 sV/h is just that...

Pred...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatboyinternational
I remember this drill from elementary school. Is this the part where I put my head between my knees and kiss my a## good-by?????

More like the daybreak scene from a vampire movie.

Gallows humor. Love it or hate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join