It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 THOUSAND Protesters in ENgland go on a rampage London resembles a war zone!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How many of the ones causing trouble do you think were infiltrating the protest to cause havoc were put there by the British government i wonder?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well... Don't wanna sound too alarmist, but there's allegedly lots of protests planned for the royal wedding, reading about anarchists planning on disrupting it, also muslims protesting it and other various groups.

Could be a mad day.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
All reports say there are "500" violent protesters. Wearing masks, smashing everything in site. Banks, hotels, spraying police with paint etc.

I visited 4 sites with different reports and all said "500"

Agent provocateur?

My guess is that these "500" were trained and in place with a plan to use these "violent protesters" as fuel for the fire. This alows police to justify using force and to bring the protests to a stop.

It was documented and proven to be a ploy used in Canda during the G20.

They will stop at nothing to silence us.

no they are direct action protesters that dress that way due to police tactics

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Agree with everything you say except you forgot to mentiion the Dead Kennedys. apologise for being flipant.

No need to apologize mate.

Well there are lots of groups I could of mentioned that were really far more anarchistic than the DK's, no offense I liked them personally.

Poison Girls, Alternative, Lack of Knowledge, Zounds, Omega Tribe, City Indians, Earthwise, The Mob, Rudimentary Peni, Anthrax (not the metal band), Andy T, etc.... Bands not interested in self promotion and chart hits, but instigating change through the only way they know how.

What we saw today is nothing compared to the poll tax protests or come to that the suffraget movement, which makes me believe that we are more than ever being denied our rights. Sorry its late wish I could be more articulate.

I agree, but it's all connected isn't it? I mean they are really all about the same thing, people realising they are being exploited and having no other method of reprisals than acting out. History has shown us that when the people get violent things change, walking in a line chanting hey ho whatever has changed nothing, it just makes people feel good that they're 'doing something'.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating violence, anarchist violence is only directed against the state, against property of the state. So what if a cop gets hurt, they chose to be a cop, to protect the state that exploits them as much as the rest of us. They are property of the state. At least in London they KNOW this, they have been told this, they know the game. They go to protests with the hope of bashing some heads. Yes they instigate physical violence. No anarchist is going to hit someone with a baton, no anarchist will use a horse to kick and crush people. If cops get hurt its their own fault, people will protect themselves against state violence.

I've experienced the violence of the state first hand, and I know the press always sides with the state and distorts the truth.

edit on 3/26/2011 by ANOK because: sp

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Sometimes violence is the answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
500,000 people didn't go on the rampage. It was a very small number involved in violent disorder. If half a million people started rioting then there would be much more devastation than there is now.

Tea Party treatment...... Just saying "Violent Protesters gather" but no violence to be had.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sorry...I can't help myself but ....LOLOL. This guy will be famous worldwide.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

Seems police deps. are hiring clowns.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
This looks worse than Egypt!

It would be really ironic if the police started attacking the protesters... I mean, isn't England in Libya right now to prevent the very same thing?
Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.
edit on 26-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

Or maybe it's just about it, the hypocrisy behind the so called intervention under the guise of democracy. The perfect example of: I preach for the others but I don't apply for my self. Interesting times we live in.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

don't believe everything you read they are being sensationalist if you actually notice there was a small group dressed head to toe in black wearing balaclavas not one was touched by the police but all the sheep that then joined in where beaten back by the police government plants anyone what next protestors rights stripped so no protests in london never seen such utter crap as has been reported about it 99.9% where peaceful

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

LMAO.

That's some funny $hit.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just a wonderfull comment:

It is an irony that the protesters paid for the Police wages out of their taxes whereas the banksters and big business that have the police protecting their property do not contribute at all. All they have done is bring the country to it's knees.

- Colin Camper, Blackpool, 27/3/2011 14:00

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ONe of the best songs I heard sung yesterday, around trafalgar square (long before it kicked off, and was still a great party space, and remained as such until police moved in) was..

"we payed for you hats
we paid for your ha-aats
what a waste of council tax, we paid for your hats

two hats - two hats - two hats two hats two hats"

Love it. Love the targetted shops being smashed, and love the general idea of protesting. Moar! Maybe next time we'll get to occupy london for reals.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
~The BBC commentator had head protection on, we don't see this with commentators in Lybia or Afghanistan I leave others to make of this what they will.

People are angry the bankers and fat cats will never be 'in this together, The PM Cameron will never be in this with the rest of us.

How I wish the movement of the 60's did not vanish, or the punk generation these were all about equality and fairness, though they came to it from different corners the aim was the same.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick
reply to post by JerryB08

don't believe everything you read they are being sensationalist if you actually notice there was a small group dressed head to toe in black wearing balaclavas not one was touched by the police but all the sheep that then joined in where beaten back by the police government plants anyone what next protestors rights stripped so no protests in london never seen such utter crap as has been reported about it 99.9% where peaceful

Spot on Bauldrick, the little sheep suffer thinking they are among friends. BUT I have a possible solution,

NET'EM AND EXPOSE'EM is one way geniune protesters could deal with this without major violence.Takes a bit of practise but even a small woman can throw a net. These people fight dirty but netted down it would be much easier to rip off a disguise and photo exactly who they are. Then we could see who we are really dealing with. Be interesting to see if the cops help free their buddies.

These odd agitators never seem to arrive with the marchers and once they have reeked chaos, they simply dissolve. They couldn't all dissolve so easily without the police getting at least a few of them, so do the police help them, easy to hitch a ride to the MI5 building etc in a police van. Also helping this action is the law passed saying we are not allowed to photo the police - talk about subversive action against the public when an officer is caught redhanded.

I suspect the violence the baraclava lot often start is really - a message to say to people who want to go and protest peacefully, look what you will get if you come here and it probably intimidates people into staying away.

Its an important issue for us Brits because we don't protest much - our French buddies put us to shame and are not such a push over. But its by claiming protestors cause violence and damage to property and so on, that the Govenment get the excuse to bring in draconian laws to protect the establishment and punish us harshly for having the audacity to say enough is enough.

I have a friend who taught me a very clever tip when it comes to protesting with a plackard or short march. Wear really smart clothes simply because psychologically both the police and the public who may see you on the news won't see a load of oiks but 'respectable middle England' makes a hell of a different.

I am proud we are starting to try to take back our liberty, those who run our establishments and banks etc have not improved the standard of living or infrastructure in this country to reflect the wealth this country has earned neither have they created a better country held in esteem by the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
lol the folks over in the Uk are stirrin it up now. Look out gub. Your people are literally saying hello.
better get on the ball and get those folks on the happy foot.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've seen the agent provocateurs from the G20 and they just didn't look right. Too muscly and the clothes just weren't right.

The anarchists yesterday were real anarchists. Scrawny little vegans with well worn clothes, covered in appropriate band patches. I can't see the Met faking it so well.

Apparently a fair few anarchists headed here from around europe. They dissappear easily because they want to, they're too fluid for police to control in the chaos.

I'm not saying agent provocateurs is out of the question, theres just not much point when there are already 500 or so who are willing to vandalize.

If an un-made bed can be art, why not see the beauty of a smashed up bank!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bauldrick

Yeah i saw those lot dressed in black with black balaclavas there wernt many of them, me and the kids went up covent garden for some supper, the protesters singing at piccadilly circus seemed quite peaceful to me. The scariest thing we saw were the hoards of police in riot gear.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join