It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 THOUSAND Protesters in ENgland go on a rampage London resembles a war zone!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
And it's not being Covered? What the Heck is going on???

www.dailymail.co.uk...

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 26/3/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
well we were all right, predicted next was UK protest, following is US protest, ignore these protest and focus on the Brown Dwarf thats coming to us, these protests are set up to cause chaos and disorder so the govts can silently disappear into their underground bunkers

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
about 500 people went mad, the other 999,9500 protested peacefully, families and TV presenters turned up, they were all safe. I was there myself and it ended in Hyde park in front of opposition government condemning the cuts that are being made because of their wild spending, I'm amazed how peaceful if went, the whole population are not behaving like animals. I think 23 arrests so far

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by holtdani
about 500 people went mad, the other 999,9500 protested peacefully, families and TV presenters turned up, they were all safe. I was there myself and it ended in Hyde park in front of opposition government condemning the cuts that are being made because of their wild spending, I'm amazed how peaceful if went, the whole population are not behaving like animals. I think 23 arrests so far

sorry 1 to many 9's

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

It could also mean that people are finally waking up and being serious about the horrible direction the world is going.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This looks worse than Egypt!

It would be really ironic if the police started attacking the protesters... I mean, isn't England in Libya right now to prevent the very same thing?
Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.
edit on 26-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
All reports say there are "500" violent protesters. Wearing masks, smashing everything in site. Banks, hotels, spraying police with paint etc.

I visited 4 sites with different reports and all said "500"

Agent provocateur?

My guess is that these "500" were trained and in place with a plan to use these "violent protesters" as fuel for the fire. This allows police to justify using force and to bring the protests to a stop.

It was documented and proven to be a ploy used in Canada during the G20.

They will stop at nothing to silence us.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

You are joking??

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This article goes to show what is wrong with the msm, the majority of their
focus was on the minority that were violent and damaged property, labelling them
"anarchist protestors" and one photo even showing an agent provocateur protecting a police officer.
I wonder how many of the "anarchists" were provocateurs sent in to turn a peaceful protest into
violence so that it could be shut down and labelled as anarchistic.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Good to see the police agree the trouble makers were NOT part of the true protesters..
Probably plants from some alphabet agency as usual..

London Ambulance Service said 30 people were treated for injuries throughout the day, 11 of whom were taken to hospital, ranging from assault to collapsing with illness.

Commander Bob Broadhurst said: 'The main march has gone very well. Their estimates are 250,000 - maybe more - have come to central London and protested peacefully. That has gone as we expected.

'Unfortunately, we have had over 500 criminals effectively attacking premises in the Oxford Circus area, causing damage.

'We anticipated there would be some problems. We have minimised the damage caused. We’ll never have enough officers to protect every building in central London. it cannot be done.

'The actual march has gone according to plan. Those damaging buildings have had nothing to do with the TUC.'

link   
why would you intentionally falsify the information in that article?

link   
500,000 people didn't go on the rampage. It was a very small number involved in violent disorder. If half a million people started rioting then there would be much more devastation than there is now.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Seems a little dramatic title for the thread, I think ATS should pride itself on not sensationalizing events. It wasnt 500,000 on the rampage, 500 at max. The rest of the protest was extremely peaceful. These events always attract anarchist groups intent on causing damage. Same story every protest. Yet the media focus all their attention on the violence as usual.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

The present Anarchist movement in the UK pretty much started in the late 70's and really took off in the 80's due to the Anarcho-Punk movement with bands like CRASS, Conflict, Flux of Pink Indian, Dirt, Chumbawamba etc.

It was a very nonviolent movement, we tried to change things peacefully, using non-violent civil disobedience.
The state increased its violence against us.

Protests like 'Stop the City' in London 82 and 83 were peaceful other than the police who kept trying to incite violence from the people.

Then they did this..

These hit squads of police had, you know, steamed in from out the junctions, blocked the road, and busily started setting about people and their homes, you know, smashing in their windows and knocking people about like they do.

www.urban75.com...

The police got increasingly violent against us, the people got tired of it because nothing was changing and they were being beaten up on the street and in police stations. They were already angry.

Around 84 people started to question their peaceful methods. Even Crass, one of the most pacifist of them, were starting to question that stance. There was really only one thing could be done, increase the violence against the state.

Then there was the pole tax, a fight the people won. Unfortunately it would not have been won if the people didn't get angry and do to the state what the state does to them.

The press though make it seem like they are mindless violent acts, they are not. The state uses violence to solve it's problems, what choice do the people have but to fight back?

edit on 3/26/2011 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The Anarchist seem a peaceful bunch,not !sorta makes it hard for the peaceful protesters to be taken seriously,now all the attention will be on the destruction of property,and not the real reason the rally was held,well done losers,

After blitz of the Ritz, it's the siege of Fortnum & Mason: Anarchists hijack the anti-cuts demo and go on rampage in central London Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 26/3/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by holtdani

That's completely wrong!

First of all you speak of it in past tense when the protest is still very much alive, check out the news lol.

Over 200 have been arrested and rising on petty charges like breach of the peace and tresspass, and estimates are there are a few thousand actively protesting right now so it's a lot more then 500 people

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I hope you intend to change the thread title to reflect the FACTS.

FACTS are what is needed when we are trying to prove a point and anything sensationalistic doesn't serve us very well as being credible.

Just sayin...
edit on 26-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
there is probably lots of coverage on the peaceful protest on he BBC website

link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Originally posted by PoorFool

You are joking??

I was misled by the title.

link   
Think that title is totally misleading! All that happened was the same thing that happens almost every time people protest. A handful of people intent on causing mayhem and destruction saw a chance and took it! The vast majority of that crowd was out for a peaceful protest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join