It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 THOUSAND Protesters in ENgland go on a rampage London resembles a war zone!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Despite the alarmist title.

I found this snippet highly intriguing.

skynewsgatherer: This is not true RT @kaygeeuk: Bloke confirms it was sky news who offered them money to throw brick [via Twitter]

Anyone else heard this?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
my mistake DRUGE REPORT said 500 thousand people. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it was right. How do you change it? The pictures certainly looked like a war zone

Drudge report.com

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Originally posted by holtdani
about 500 people went mad, the other 999,9500 protested peacefully, families and TV presenters turned up, they were all safe. I was there myself and it ended in Hyde park in front of opposition government condemning the cuts that are being made because of their wild spending, I'm amazed how peaceful if went, the whole population are not behaving like animals. I think 23 arrests so far

That's completely wrong!

First of all you speak of it in past tense when the protest is still very much alive, check out the news lol.

Over 200 have been arrested and rising on petty charges like breach of the peace and tresspass, and estimates are there are a few thousand actively protesting right now so it's a lot more then 500 people

What do you mean Im completely wrong, its 10:25 pm in London, It has finished, about 2 hours ago, when 30od people were arrested. 2000 people are not protesting now, where is your source for this, I live in London it is now very quiet, 200 arrested out of 250000 this is a tiny percent, probably less than any other protest in the Uk , it is not like Libya, nore is the 20000 currently in bed going mad.
edit on 26-3-2011 by holtdani because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
After Montebello and Seattle where the masked ones turned out to be either police or army agent provocetuers.
PROVEN
It is no wonder we just assume that even if protestors got caught up in the violence that was the plan and the reason the gov agents start it while in disguise...

like the SAS in Iraq getting caught dressed as iraqis and setting bombs

that shows who the cowards are.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
And it's not being Covered? What the Heck is going on???

www.dailymail.co.uk...

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 26/3/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

I don't understand why the title of your thread so grossly distorts the truth.

There were hundreds of thousands of people taking part in a peaceful protest. There was a group which called themselves anarchists. They were young, dressed in black, wearing hoods and their faces were covered with scarves. They caused pockets of violence in parts of London. The other 99.9% of the protesters marched peacefully.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well now, the thread Author watched the thread for 30 minutes then logged off.
Without fixing the thread title from 500 THOUSAND to just 500.

Can we get a mod edit in here please.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did any of you read the article? It does say 500 thousand protesters now i'm not there in England to verify it but the pictures looked pretty Bad. Calling me an alarmist is pretty ironic I hate people like that. I will happily delete the thread if I knew how. I was very surprised when I saw it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

about 500 people went mad, the other 999,9500 protested peacefully, families and TV presenters turned up, they were all safe. I was there myself and it ended in Hyde park in front of opposition government condemning the cuts that are being made because of their wild spending, I'm amazed how peaceful if went, the whole population are not behaving like animals. I think 23 arrests so far

That's completely wrong!

First of all you speak of it in past tense when the protest is still very much alive, check out the news lol.

Over 200 have been arrested and rising on petty charges like breach of the peace and tresspass, and estimates are there are a few thousand actively protesting right now so it's a lot more then 500 people

You are the one who is wrong. I was there. I saw the Ritz Hotel being attacked. I saw the group of anarchists in the march. 99/9% of the protests were peaceful. Perhaps you would rather believe the MSM than people who were actually there?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

my mistake DRUGE REPORT said 500 thousand people. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it was right. How do you change it? The pictures certainly looked like a war zone

Drudge report.com

Click edit on your original post.

The article you provided said "Hundreds of anarchists..."

Anyways thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
dude your a real clown.. lol I simply typed what was in the article. If I knew how to fix it I would. At least I'm not claiming there are we are being invaded by little green men or that theres a new world order. Get a life.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's still going on, with London buses and black taxis caught in the police cordon, 202 arrests, thats a hell of a lot

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

According to this it's still continuing, still ongoing clashes, but police outnumber anarchists.

Lots of bottles being thrown at police.
edit on 26-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Did any of you read the article? It does say 500 thousand protesters now i'm not there in England to verify it but the pictures looked pretty Bad. Calling me an alarmist is pretty ironic I hate people like that. I will happily delete the thread if I knew how. I was very surprised when I saw it.

I don't think there is a need to delete the thread, just click and edit the title.

It's all good!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

most of the trouble makers look like a bunch of kids trying to vandalize, much like the ones around my town that get bored and vandalize empty houses

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

The present Anarchist movement in the UK pretty much started in the late 70's and really took off in the 80's due to the Anarcho-Punk movement with bands like CRASS, Conflict, Flux of Pink Indian, Dirt, Chumbawamba etc.

It was a very nonviolent movement, we tried to change things peacefully, using non-violent civil disobedience.
The state increased its violence against us.

Protests like 'Stop the City' in London 82 and 83 were peaceful other than the police who kept trying to incite violence from the people.

Then they did this..

These hit squads of police had, you know, steamed in from out the junctions, blocked the road, and busily started setting about people and their homes, you know, smashing in their windows and knocking people about like they do.

www.urban75.com...

The police got increasingly violent against us, the people got tired of it because nothing was changing and they were being beaten up on the street and in police stations. They were already angry.

Around 84 people started to question their peaceful methods. Even Crass, one of the most pacifist of them, were starting to question that stance. There was really only one thing could be done, increase the violence against the state.

Then there was the pole tax, a fight the people won. Unfortunately it would not have been won if the people didn't get angry and do to the state what the state does to them.

The press though make it seem like they are mindless violent acts, they are not. The state uses violence to solve it's problems, what choice do the people have but to fight back?

edit on 3/26/2011 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

Agree with everything you say except you forgot to mentiion the Dead Kennedys. apologise for being flipant.

What we saw today is nothing compared to the poll tax protests or come to that the suffraget movement, which makes me believe that we are more than ever being denied our rights. Sorry its late wish I could be more articulate.

Poll tax riots

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

good answer,lol and I too noticed that you were going by the figures in the artical. some people are so anal

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Police territorial support Officers now stepping in. Completely different uniforms.

news.sky.com...

Looks like a fire in the street too.

Edit: lots of little fires...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Also looks like a lot of anarchists are still on the streets. Bottles thrown, fires, windows still being smashed.

Police continuing fighting anarchists//

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That's completely wrong!

What do you mean Im completely wrong, its 10:25 pm in London, It has finished, about 2 hours ago, when 30od people were arrested. 2000 people are not protesting now, where is your source for this, I live in London it is now very quiet, 200 arrested out of 250000 this is a tiny percent, probably less than any other protest in the Uk , it is not like Libya, nore is the 20000 currently in bed going mad.
edit on 26-3-2011 by holtdani because: (no reason given)

Quiet? I don't live in London but I have BBC News Live on and it's pretty damn hectic with fireworks and everything going off?

ETA: It does look like they are quelling it a lot now, I bet the final arrest number is VERY high

edit on 26-3-2011 by lifttheveil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is what most of the protest looked like:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join