It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines on the ground in Libya ( active now )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I understand your way of thinking, they are risking their own lives for what reasons, Good or bad Im not totally sure. I personally think there is more too the whole agenda that is being portrayed by media, government and other sources.

The way I see it is if a group of protesters from any country was to arm themselves and revolt against their government, the people in power will restore order, not matter whether its australia, USA UK france anywhere, the media is playing the game well portraying gadafi as an evil dictator, History seems to be repeating itself and I believe he will suffer the same fate as saddam.

I think I can safely say that its all down to the black stuff.

well done for defending your corner though...sydneysider!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by jonnyb578

your just repeating yourself now its pretty funny. you should really stop before you embarass yourself. what exactly do u mean by coming from the likes of me??

I was only responding to your stupid post not repeating hahahahahahaahaha! No embarrassment here! ""The likes of you" hahahahahahaha You have much pretty much explained yourself by your pathetic posts! What did you expect. I am half British & half Aussie as if I am ever gonna back down from anyone! Verbal, physical whatever .........

yeah you said exactly the same things to me that you said to everyone else that questioned you now where i come from thats repeating yourself. and your right i have explained myself i do have respect for all the armed forces and i dont believe in illegal wars whats pathetic about that. well im all english and im not in the business of losing your just here looking to stir up crap.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

i never once said you werent entitled to an opinion you just have no idea what you are talking about not to mention the fact that you are bashing everyone elses opinion so your just a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK

I understand your way of thinking, they are risking their own lives for what reasons, Good or bad Im not totally sure. I personally think there is more too the whole agenda that is being portrayed by media, government and other sources.

The way I see it is if a group of protesters from any country was to arm themselves and revolt against their government, the people in power will restore order, not matter whether its australia, USA UK france anywhere, the media is playing the game well portraying gadafi as an evil dictator, History seems to be repeating itself and I believe he will suffer the same fate as saddam.

I think I can safely say that its all down to the black stuff.

well done for defending your corner though...sydneysider!

Thanks mate! All am I doing is respecting and admiring the troops as individual people. The debate of whether they should be there or not is a different debate for a different thread. I just want to say thanks for their sacrifice! it's a real shame that the "Tin Foil" brigade here on ATS who automatically assume that just because you compliment the troops you are in total agreement with Government policies! Not true. Deny Ignorance........ hahahahahahaha!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wtf1is1happening

If you actually read the whole thread I stated an opinion and people responded rather aggressively to me for that opinion. I only responded in kind. I never said anybodies opinion was wrong! I just stated my own! How about the calling the people who came after me trolls. Not really fair is it? How dare you accuse me of being drunk or high! What do you want to pick me as well because my opinion is different to yours? I will respond in kind if needed!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyb578

I just stated my opinion and then responded to people who criticised me for having an opinion! I have no idea what I am talking about? I was just saying thank you & supporting the troops not some government agenda or reasoning. Just because I support the troops does not mean I necessarily support government motives. Since when is saying thank you not knowing what I'm talking about? Your logic is flawed and I have smashed you in this argument!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by wtf1is1happening

If you actually read the whole thread I stated an opinion and people responded rather aggressively to me for that opinion.

from your first post, the very first post after op

Who wants to argue with me and wish them negative consequences? Anyone?

no sir you are the very first one to response aggressively, you were the first post after the op and called people out.
there have been several attempts to get you to tone down or leave, so others could have a discussion about the topic. which is american marines on the ground, not support of said troops.

mods have been alerted and i would not be surprised if you have all your posts blocked

edit on 26-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I wish the Marines safety & victory! Anyone who does not wish them well I call you out now cowards!. They are real Heroes! They will do the US and more importantly the allies proud. I know they will! Who wants to argue with me and wish them negative consequences? Anyone?
edit on 26-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Screw the marines. I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.
Soulless robots.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I never attacked anybody personally! Did I mention anyone's name? your point is wrong and irrelevant! I never mentioned anybodies name. If you think it was you ... well is that not a little paranoid? If you did not think I picked you personally are you not out of line?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just want to point out that this whole thread is a lie. The President of the United States - the President - said there would be no 'boots on the ground'. Now unless these marines are wearing sandals I just don't see how it could be possible - so this thread is a lie.

I mean, who are you going to trust a random anonymous ATS member or the President of the United States? Give me a break.

Yes, yes, its all sarcasm....

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Screw the marines. I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire. Soulless robots.

I'll bet they are twice the men you are! Bet you would not talk like that to their faces! If that is the way you feel your problem is with them and not me!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

oh that hurts, haha.. now i will be like the rest of the members and leave this thread.
give yourself a pat on the back for derailing a thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

oh that hurts, haha.. now i will be like the rest of the members and leave this thread.
give yourself a pat on the back for derailing a thread.

If people would not have responded aggressively I would not have replied. If your a playing the blame game for derailing the thread blame them. I have right of reply or do I not? They derailed it by attacking me .... read the whole thread I am only replying! Don't care what you think it's all there!
edit on 26-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A thread derailed by a person posting in a very CHILDISH manner, claiming a lot of personal things in a topic that has nothing to do with him as a person - probably to stir up a back-and-forth ("I have more of this and that, so, I'm better than you"-attitude) - in support of the American military while Australian himself(or so we are to assume).

There are several ways to deal with people like this.

First off; he is spouting some pro-military-gibberish, which one can look at and see, as has been astutely done by some posters before me, that this person is most likely ignorant on the issue. Ignoring him would be the best option here.

For example:

Thanks mate! All am I doing is respecting and admiring the troops as individual people.

Is obviously just pulling on sentimental strings of readers. If he really respected and admired them as individual people, there shouldn't be any reason to go off on individual posters here, as they are voicing their opinion as well, and in that sense should be respected and admired since they are expressing their individuality(the reason for this being - he wanted to be military but he couldn't for some reason, so now he supports them online - fighting the cyber battle)

Second; he is spouting it off with such zealotry that it reminds(!) me of the story about US military posting on online forums with grammar like unschooled brats - in favour of the military - which are kind of opposites. Again, ignoring him is the best option - moderators should step up their game in these cases.

And last but not least, the perfect way to deal with people who are in favour of military imperialism is simple: Let's hope that one day, foreign soldiers don't kick in his door and shoot up his three children in front of him, after raping his children and wife for him to see of course...because that is and has been the reality for a lot of people who are suffering under this seemingly crusade that is going on.

! = this has to be here for those who have some issues with reading comprehension

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join