It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog keeps attacking me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so bare with me.
I've always had problems with dogs. They always bark and snap at me, even if they are all nice to everyone else. Recently my sister(14 years old) got a dog and now it keeps on barking at me(16 years) and biting me and snapping at me.
Especially when I try to go up or down the stairs. Every time I go on the stairs the dog just loses it and attacks me. Or if I open or close a door, whether it be inside the house or outside, It will still start snapping and biting at me.
He won't do this to anyone else in my family except for me. He even leaves my 2 cats alone. I can barely even walk around my house without the thing coming at me. And every time I walk by him when we're alone he growls at me, but if other people are there he acts like I'm his favorite and he won't stop following me until we're alone again then he will start growling and snapping.
Does anyone know why he acts like this or what I can do to get him to stop. I've already tried giving him treats and my family has tried to get him to stop attacking me too.
BTW, he is a Schnauzer and is about 4 years old.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brianjordan

Clearly you're not the pack leader in your house...

The cats are actually at a higher positon in your "pack" then you are, which is actually usually the way it goes anyways...

When you walk your the dog is he in front or are you?

Btw i used to rehabilitate vicious dogs... So i do know what im talking about

edit on 25-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Do you approach the dog with an expectation that it can go wrong again? If so, that is what the dog is picking up. Fear and insecurity. I suggest watching allot of you tube video's of The Dog Whisperer. The basics of his technique is virtually the same. And it works perfectly. Remember it is always you, that needs to change something.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Do you approach the dog with an expectation that it can go wrong again? If so, that is what the dog is picking up. Fear and insecurity. I suggest watching allot of you tube video's of The Dog Whisperer. The basics of his technique is virtually the same. And it works perfectly. Remember it is always you, that needs to change something.

Excellent idea actually, Cesar Millan is the man!

Actually i learned everything i know from Ceasar, i wish it was personally

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't walk my dog. I'm not the pack leader in the house, either. I'm usually not even home and when I am I spend most of my time in my room.

link   
Animals often pick up on fear, even if you're barely showing any physical signs of it! Have you ever had a bad experience with a dog that has caused you to be a bit weary around them?

The key is to relax and they won't react to you

Hope that helps!

EDIT: beaten to it

edit on 25/3/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

link   
Protect your arms with old clothes just in case. Just get near him and wait until he calms down. For that to work, you need to be calm yourself.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What sort of dog? Arm yourself with a water pistol and squirt when it confronts you, should sort it out.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

for one little dogs arent really dogs at all they are pseudo dogs, genetically modified monstrocities with no purpose other than fashion statements, second kick the little bastard in the face hell leave u alone,take no tihs off noone man or beast,i dont condone animal cruelty but hes asking for it ha ha,and it seems dogs dont like u,i dont know u personally im sure your a great person but dogs have a keen sense,maybe you have bad vibes to them,but answer me this,do bigger real dogs do the same thing or is it those annoying redundantly barking little rodents people call dogs that act that way,ill be so glad when that little dog trend passes,that and UGGS i friggin dont understand what peoples attraction to annoying things are

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianjordan
reply to post by Akragon

I don't walk my dog. I'm not the pack leader in the house, either. I'm usually not even home and when I am I spend most of my time in my room.

Every human in your house should be a pack leader...

Watch some of those videos on The Dog Whisperer... it will help. Animals can sense fear, so if you're afraid of him that gives him power over the situation. If he tries to bite you don't move, just let him try...and stand your ground. its a small dog so it won't hurt much
usually its just a bluff anyways...

link   

I heard if you wrestle a dog to the ground he'll respect you

link   
Stop keeping bacon in your pockets.

link   
That;s ironic, my friend had the same problem. He solved it by locking it in a closet with some food and water for about 15 hours. When he released it it just walked right passed him. So if you want you can try that, maybe that will help...

link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
[mo
edit on 25-3-2011 by brianjordan because: double post

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP

for one little dogs arent really dogs at all they are pseudo dogs, genetically modified monstrocities with no purpose other than fashion statements, second kick the little bastard in the face hell leave u alone,take no tihs off noone man or beast,i dont condone animal cruelty but hes asking for it ha ha,and it seems dogs dont like u,i dont know u personally im sure your a great person but dogs have a keen sense,maybe you have bad vibes to them,but answer me this,do bigger real dogs do the same thing or is it those annoying redundantly barking little rodents people call dogs that act that way,ill be so glad when that little dog trend passes,that and UGGS i friggin dont understand what peoples attraction to annoying things are

Please don't kick the dog in the face...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They also tend you like you better when you feed them......

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

ha ha ha sorry i have somewhat of a dark sense of humor, i dont believe in kicking anything but some people are right on here,establish dominance even if it does mean scaring the little bastard til it peddles a little puddle, then u can beat em for that too lol jk

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It seems that in your story you've build up quite some tensions between you and a dog. Running back years.
So what you have done is build up an believe system, that you have to be aware when dogs around.

Probable before leaving an room you get a little tense thinking about the meters that you have to walk in the house.
Realize that it is your energy that you project, totally out of balance. (concerning the dog situation)

I suggest you meditate to quite your mind. When you have quiet your mind, you visualize walking by the dogs just like everyone else does. You dont think nothing of it. Just practice feeling relax and calm
When you have found that state, you try again. Knowing you have to not only relax, but get your thoughts straight.

For experiment you could try it. Doesn't it work, well it hasn't damaged you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join