It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is facebook down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I haven't been able to access it for a while now and i've never seen it go this long... just curious if it's widespread or just me.....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
theres a website you can go on

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

will tell you

link   
I sure hope so

link   
double post, sorry

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Clear your cache and make sure you have no popup blockers or virus protection as it might gain a false flag do to advertisements..... on quite a few of sites i use i have to shut off my website protection on malwarebytes in order to have access...otherwise i get damn white page with black writing page error of somekind..... hope it helps...

but i also dont use facebook so i could be wrong..... -=) just a shot in the dark have a good one

-JagSR

link   

Nope, still working perfectly fine for me.

link   
I'm updating my status as we speak!

Check your router.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My facebook has been down in glasgow , scotland for over 4 hours!!

Never had that before.

Strange.... is something imminently going to happen ???

Just shows how easy the world can be disconnected if the powers want it.

We should maybe look into alternative communication measures incase the killswitch is pressed.

Cb radio are the old school methods.... when the Sh*t hits the fan.... everybody will wish they bought one

link   

Up for me, use the 2nd posts link to check it's much faster. I am having a ton of database related errors on FB today, but up it is.

link   
Oh no facebook is down, run for your lives the world is ending. Dear God not facebook

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2010apprentice
My facebook has been down in glasgow , scotland for over 4 hours!!

Never had that before.

Strange.... is something imminently going to happen ???

Just shows how easy the world can be disconnected if the powers want it.

We should maybe look into alternative communication measures incase the killswitch is pressed.

Cb radio are the old school methods.... when the Sh*t hits the fan.... everybody will wish they bought one

seriously is facebook being down, a conspiracy
or one of the signs of the end of times

come on!

ive never ever had a facebook, i will not succumb to trends, seriously!

is facebook being down such a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
just came from there to here not down for me working perfectly fine -shrugs- and even if it's down it's just facebook. I just use it for games when I'm bored and dont feel like going to other game sites.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think it's funny how those who use facebook have to justify their use while others use this as an opportunity to slam facebook and it's users. Seriously though, i have to use it for my business, which has a fb "page" not profile, and i haven't been able to access it for hours. Never had that happen in the few years i've been on fb. If someone else is having that problem, could just be some technical difficulties for some pages/profiles right now.... I guess i can check again tonight after my photoshoot, just want to make sure i haven't been hacked or anything, that's my only concern.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If a tweet says FB is down should we all go to myspace to check in at foursquare

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
sorry , i double posted by mistake
edit on 25-3-2011 by the2010apprentice because: double post - sorry

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by littlezeta

Facebook being down is not a conspiracy...by all means it can be used as a government tool 100%
Not everyone uses it for fun and games.
My business uses facebook for contacts and promotion of events... in real-time
My post was merely hinting that people rely on facebook way too much..me for one haha
also phones and internet . (remember we do not control these)
If these services get shut-down what would you do for contacting people in a town 200miles away ??
Ride your horse over to deliver a note ??
Humans are relying to much on technology.... where will they be without it.
It could prove to be a long learning curve if things get even worse on earth.. all with natural disasters, nuclear threats , solar flares, etc... etc... etc....
I mean look at the place .... its going downhill every day.
I am a positive person and really hope things buck the trend , sooner rather than later

Sorry is i went a bit off topic... farily new here

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Also first time for me.... i also have business to run on facebook.
Been bout 4 hours or more for myself

Facebook Login
Account unavailable
Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Deleted cookies , changes wan ip address , changed mac codes ... still nada

Oh well... these things happen . I guess from previous posts ,all i should do is laugh about it!
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Off topic i know... but its a perspective look ...
For example....
If you needed £500 from the bank for a very important planned event.
And for some reason you had no access to the bank for 4 - 5 hours and counting
No reason given, just not open and no cashmachines, no phone banking.
What would you do? Just sit back and laugh ??
As i said previously .... we dont 'ALL' use facebook for trivial tasks
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I see this thread SO often. Clearly those who use facebook for business of any kind need to rethink that move. Is it not like hiring someone who calls in sick twice a month to do your most critical contact work? The poster who said that we rely all too much on technology is correct. I am of the age of those who actually got up out of our chairs to change the black & white TV, so what do I do when my computer goes down? Smile, breathe, feed the cat & pick up a book. Good luck friend.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
I see this thread SO often. Clearly those who use facebook for business of any kind need to rethink that move.

Give me a break. Facebook marketing gets better results than most traditional marketing campaigns. Sorry, but as long as facebook exists, i see no reason not to milk that cow. You say that almost as if you think facebook is the only thing that we rely on to run our business. We don't rely on it, we are just milking it. It's smart business.

Anyway, i never said anything about this being a conspiracy. I just wanted to see if anyone else was down or if it was just me. I'm more concerned over getting hacked than facebook shutting down. And I'm obviously back from my shoot and facebook is finally up again for me. Thank you to those who were a help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join