It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy satellite TV at Radio Shack, get a free gun with purchase!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now I have joked for years since I moved here, that Montana was a place where when you came there, you were scanned for a gun. If you didn't have one, they issued you one. Apparently it's now true.

The Radio Shack in Hamilton Montana is now offering a free gun with the purchase of a new satellite and subscription to Dish Network. Your choice of a .380 or a 20-gauge shotgun. If you choose not to get a gun, you still get a $50 gift certificate to Pizza Hut!!

According to the store manager, business has picked up since he started the promotion. Hamilton is in way Western Montana near Idaho. I doubt this promotion would work in the eastern part of the state since most people on this side already have more guns per capita than Texas Republicans.

If anyone still thinks I'm joking, this image is courtesy of the Billings Gazette:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf397dd783ac.jpg[/atsimg]

Full Story

And yes, Dish Network did go along with the promotion, and they are about to start a similar promotion next month with Direct TV.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
guns dont kill people
bad parenting, and lack of responsibilty does!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hunter S. Thompson would have loved this idea..

Buy 'em both.

*BLAM*

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlezeta
guns dont kill people
bad parenting, and lack of responsibilty does!

Which is a rare thing in this world, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am impressed.
To see a business giving away firearms is remarkable to say the least.

If I lived their, I'd buy the satellite for sure.

Good marketing scheme.
Just in time for all the doom and gloom on television.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whenever there's a "free" anything of the two items involved one is always over-priced and the other poor quality.

If you want a .380 or a 20 gauge just go buy one. If you want satellite TV go buy that. If by some chance you happen to be in the market for both simultaneously than take advantage of the convenience by all means but how many really would be?

Just read that .380 is a Hi Point. They'd have to pay me to take one of those and there's no way on earth or in heaven I'd rely on it in a self defense situation.
edit on 25-3-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Whenever there's a "free" anything of the two items involved one is always over-priced and the other poor quality.

Just read that .380 is a Hi Point. They'd have to pay me to take one of those and there's no way on earth or in heaven I'd rely on it in a self defense situation.

Yeah, a Hi Point is better to just throw in a self defense situation. Famous for both feed, and stove-pipe jams. It's still a really interesting promotion though, even if the pistol does suck.

top topics

join