It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Border Security Goes High Tech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Northern Border Security Goes High Tech

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com

SELFRIDGE AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASE – The U.S .Department of Homeland Security unveiled its newest high-tech tool today to fight terrorism and secure America’s northern border.

The Operational Integration Center, referred to as OIC, allows security analysts to monitor a critical part of the Northern border 24/7 relying on cameras and radars along the St. Clair River separating Michigan from Canada.

The $12 million OIC facility features a 30 foot video panel to watch various sections of the Northern border. Real time video feeds into the OIC’s situational awareness room from 11 towers
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Cause the drug cartels are spilling over the northern borders at an uncontrollable rate.

Tell you what. You don't need someone staring at a camera on the southern border to realize that "Hey. There’s something going on over here,”

Sometimes I wonder if our government has an opposite policy. If there is a problem down south.. beef up the border in the north, If we are out of money.. spend more, If terrorists are getting on planes.. nut-check 7 year old's and frisk nuns.

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-3-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
obviously they just want to keep the canadians out

These guys making these decisions must be retarded or something...The southern border is compromised and they beef up the north...wow...just wow

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think its just being built to keep us from fleeing to Canad when the SHTF.

Or to keep all the nice Canadians out when we cannibalize ourselves down here.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why doesn't this surprise me? So many cartels causing death and destruction from the north, them Canadians sure know how to cause a ruckus! " Hey A?, lets like, go to the border and moon the new OIC cameras " A"... that'll be like, really wild "A"!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
they dont want to just keep people out they want to keep people in too

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't understand why my government does not see this an some kind of threatening act. We've had an unprotected border for hundreds of years, but now in the best days of pro-US/Canadian relations, the US is building up its border against us.. to watch for terrorists.

Anytime the word "terrorists' is used to justify US actions, it raises a red flag for good reason. Are we not allies? Do we not have NORAD? Why does the US need to watch us? I guess we don't do a good enough job of watching those damn phantom terrorists.

I wonder how many US politicians continued to claim the lie that 9/11 terrorists came from Canada in order to get funding and support to build this new facility.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
its not americans or the american government it is the people who control them

i would be more worried about biological weapons being used on the borders than cameras, they spray stuff all the time on the borders, and countless hospitals are just finishing major upgrades

nice avatar whereweheaded :]
edit on 24-3-2011 by knowthyneighbor because: nice avatar whereweheaded :]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter

You know as crazy as that sounds I know things like this are not done off the cuff for no reason. I'm sure its part of the plan somehow. I'm just not sure where it fits. It makes no sense considering our relationship with Canada and the drug wars going on down south to spend 12M on beefing up security where we don't need it.

Not to say we don't need security on the border just that the money and tech could be better used where there is an immediate problem.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

That's it, keep putting up those walls. Surround the Country. First Mexico was to blame, now Canada.

Couldn't be anyone INSIDE the US bringing in everything could it?

Makes me wonder if the security is to keep non-citizens out...or citizens in?

Time will tell but I believe the writing is clearly on the wall already.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Out west it's a wide, perhaps an acre swath of clear-cut through the woods on the Washington border, in the prairies it's no more than signs and fences. Add some automatic surveillance at intervals and it could all be lightly monitored, but no less than they could already manage via satellite. This seems a physical deterrent for all the psychological advantages it might provide, providing a legal means of prosecuting offenders, and it might thwart cross-border smuggling at hot-spots. A real sign of the times. I would be concerned if they attempted a Great Wall against us northern types, but moreso for Americans sake. I've seen incursion plans into Winnipeg as part of an American push northwards, but see no real conquering spirit arise among politicians, thank God. I am concerned about a bad FEMA situation erupting in the States, things going awry, and American refugees flooding north (with who knows what survivor mentality)! I don't imagine our border will pose too much of a barrier at this point, but it's something to watch for. I would hope we'd be accommodating on an official basis, and it's made several brave threads speculating on the subject already.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter

This is essentially the first thing that came to mind as well.

Are they trying to keep as many inside for some inevitable genocide, or complete economic collapse? It just seems pretty obvious that a scenario like that can play out, and when the first few Americans realize things are going way out of control, they'll try to drive on up here to Canada, but be "warmly" greeted by border patrol even before they reach the border.

How long are they going to play the "terrorist" card anyway? That's like a supremely lazy excuse for a darker agenda.
edit on 24/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I doubt this is to keep Canadians out. More like keep Americans in.

If you don't own a gun get one ASAP
And learn how to show no remorse.
edit on 24-3-2011 by wtf1is1happening because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ok Americans....RUN Before it's too late! Run to the border before it's closed and bring some grits!

We have lots of Poutine. So together, we can survive this madness.
Of course you'll now be the illegal immigrants in Canada but that's ok. We don't mind.

And someone please bring one of those Virginia Smoked, Big-Ass hams in a can I see on National Lampoon Christmas movies. Always wanted to try one of those.

All in good fun folks.

edit on 24-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
to a certain extent americans are the only ones who can do anything because its their government whos pulling the shinanigans. maybe you should come to america and help us get these guys!!!!!!! it doesnt just affect us you know

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The whole situation stinks to like week old fish!

ESPECIALLY given Napolitano CANCELING a similar project on the Southern border!

Napolitano Cancels Virtual Border Fence Project..1/14/2011

Signaling a major shift from her predecessor, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano on Tuesday said she will spend $50 million of stimulus funds originally intended to build a “virtual fence” along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border on other more proven and cost-effective security technology.

The Mexican Border Fence Morphs

The original version:

To his right stands a steel wall, 20 feet high and reinforced by cement-filled steel piping. To his left another tall fence of steel mesh. Ten yards beyond, a shorter cyclone fence is topped with jagged concertina wire....

"This wall works," says Mr. Bernacke. "A lot of people have the misconception that it is a waste of time and money, but the numbers of apprehensions show that it works."

The triple-and double-layered fence here in Yuma is the kind of barrier that US lawmakers – and most Americans – imagined when the Secure Fence Act was enacted in 2006.

The law instructed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to secure about one-third of the 1,950-mile border between US and Mexico with 700 miles of double-layered fencing – and additionally through cameras, motion sensors, and other types of barriers – by the end of the year to stem illegal immigration.

Bankrolled by a separate $1.2 billion homeland security bill, the Secure Fence Act would, President Bush said in 2006, "make our borders more secure." ...

...Ms. Napolitano attempts to justify to lawmakers a 30 percent budget reduction for U.S. Customs and Border Protection...March 17, 2010

ADDITIONALLY, here is how the Patriot Act DOES NOT SECURE the Southern border,JUST the Canadian border!

TITLE I--ENHANCING DOMESTIC SECURITY AGAINST TERRORISM

TITLE IV--PROTECTING THE BORDER

Subtitle A--Protecting the Northern Border

Sec. 401. Ensuring adequate personnel on the northern border.
Sec. 402. Northern border personnel.

Sec. 403. Access by the Department of State and the INS to certain identifying information in the criminal history records of visa applicants and applicants for admission to the United States.
Sec. 404. Limited authority to pay overtime.
Sec. 405. Report on the integrated automated fingerprint identification system for ports of entry and overseas consular posts.

Subtitle B--Enhanced Immigration Provisions

Sec. 411. Definitions relating to terrorism.
Sec. 412. Mandatory detention of suspected terrorists; habeas corpus; judicial review.
Sec. 413. Multilateral cooperation against terrorists.
Sec. 414. Visa integrity and security.
Sec. 415. Participation of Office of Homeland Security on Entry-Exit Task Force.
Sec. 416. Foreign student monitoring program.
Sec. 417. Machine readable passports.
Sec. 418. Prevention of consulate shopping.

Subtitle C--Preservation of Immigration Benefits for Victims of Terrorism

Sec. 421. Special immigrant status.
Sec. 422. Extension of filing or reentry deadlines.
Sec. 423. Humanitarian relief for certain surviving spouses and children.
Sec. 424. `Age-out' protection for children.
Sec. 425. Temporary administrative relief.
Sec. 426. Evidence of death, disability, or loss of employment.
Sec. 427. No benefits to terrorists or family members of terrorists.
Sec. 428. Definitions.

Here is some more info on the Southern border issue:

ProtoplasmicTraveler brought to our attention in his post,

Washington (CNN) -- The terrorist threat to the U.S. homeland has continued to "evolve" and may now "be at its most heightened state" since the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told members of Congress on Wednesday.

There is an increased reliance on recruiting Westerners into terrorist organizations, she told the House Homeland Security Committee. State and local law enforcement officers are increasingly needed to combat terror, and the focus must be on aiding law enforcement to help them secure communities, she said.... www.cnn.com...

Here is the reality on the southern border:

Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border - September 24, 2009
Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border....

....the Obama administration on May 7 said the Border Patrol “plans to move several hundred Agents from the Southwest Border...

Radical Islam makes inroads among Latin America's Native peoples - February 21, 2010

Local Officials: Border Crime On The Rise - January 6, 2011 PINAL COUNTY, Ariz. — Authorities in Pinal County dispute the Federal Government’s assertion that the Arizona border with Mexico is more secure than ever.... Tim Gaffney said that Director of Homeland Security Janet Napaolitano’s statements that crimes related to immigration and drug smuggling issues are down is just not true.The numbers county officials provided in the release seem to back up Gaffney’s stance. The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said it has seen a “dramatic” increase in vehicle pursuits, drug seizures and calls to U.S. Border Patrol agents to help deal with illegal immigrants.

It doesn't take much to see that Janet Napolitano is lying through her teeth about our Mexican border security

What strikes terror in my heart are the next few news articles.

Three of the four border states are losing their National Guard troops

January 03, 2011 – Are Legalized Civilian Militia Groups the Answer to Arizona's Border Security Problems?
Special Guest: Arizona State Rep.-elect Jack Harper

.... Jack, in 2007, you passed legislation to create a state-sanctioned militia here in Arizona. The then-governor, Napolitano, vetoed it....

HARPER: Well, you might have heard that three of the four border states are losing their National Guard troops now. And Arizona is supposed to lose the federally funded National Guard troops in June or July. Well, we're going to get crushed once the National Guard's off the border because ..... these forces in Mexico that smuggle illegal aliens and drugs into our country, they're more considered with the National Guard than they are Border Patrol. Border Patrol's ... under Janet Napolitano, and that's not really an intimidating factor.

But a military uniformed person on the border makes a lot more sense. Now, using the Homeland Security Force volunteers to observe the border and the National Guard to react to incursions across our border is something that we're going to explore,..

The first bill, though, to establish the Homeland Security Force, I believe I'm going to have bipartisan support again. And I don't know that .... Governor Brewer will be opposed to that, like Governor Napolitano was....

Patrolling the Border

While Minuteman civilian patrols are keeping an eye out for illegal border crossers, the U.S. Border Patrol is keeping an eye out for Minutemen -- and telling the Mexican government where they are.

Mexican Government Threatens Minutemen Over Civilian Border Patrols - October 2008

You might want to look at my post: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

As I said it stinks like week old fish and the USA is KNOWN for setting up attacks as an excuse for declaring war. Here are the historical facts showing that they have done so before and in exactly the same way. Days of Infamy and The War on Terrorism

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Seems like the prophecy of Canadian Bacon is coming true:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yea, lets keep those damn canucks out or us in...I guess its only politically incorrect to secure our southern border, you know, the one that really needs it the most.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In addition to this, a drug tunnel has been discovered for the first time on the US Canadian border in Washington State.

The other part of this new high tech stuff is the agreement Obama and Haprer just recently signed. It allows each others military to units the ability to cross each others borders when requested to assist with mass disaster scenarios (geared towards areas that are sparesly populated, tough to reach, etc).

It also started a pilot program, essentially cross commissioning the RCMP and US Coast Guard. If something occurs in canadian waters, and the closet vessel is Coast Guard, they are now authorized to not only enter canadian waters, but also act as canadian law enforcement. They would fall under the authority of the RCMP and have the exact same authority as a RCMP officer. If something occurs in American waters and the closest vessel is Canadian RCMP, then they are acting as Coast Guard and fall under their authority, allowing them to enforce American law.

The Pacific Northwest and the Great Lakes are the test locations for this project, and to date it seems to be working well with no issues.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

In my opinion, this is all about understanding the differences between Canadians and Mexicans.

The Canadian underground mostly deals with weed, and while there is discontent of the Americans and our own government, violence is pretty low here in terms of organized crime. You could almost say that we restrain ourselves.

However, in Mexico, the situation is much more volatile; the US and aligned Mexicans wage drug wars against major cartels, rebel movements are strong, and Monsanto has pissed of the Mexican farmers by introducing bio-engineered corn into their crops (considered intentional by most). There are a lot of pissed off Mexicans who will get violent with the US.

It seems like the US might see that situation as a lost cause, and prefers a defensive role which involves a lot of militias and whatnot. Perhaps the US is now focusing on the preparation of such resentment from Canadians in the future, probably for when more NAU-oriented policies are forced on us and our lives become even worse off then the past 20 years of NAFTA.

Or maybe the US will be willing to attack us if we refuse to give them bulk water exports and/or stop supplying them with a third of their oil supplies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join