It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Napolitano: Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- The terrorist threat to the U.S. homeland has continued to "evolve" and may now "be at its most heightened state" since the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told members of Congress on Wednesday.

There is an increased reliance on recruiting Westerners into terrorist organizations, she told the House Homeland Security Committee. State and local law enforcement officers are increasingly needed to combat terror, and the focus must be on aiding law enforcement to help them secure communities, she said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Be afraid, be very afraid, because there ‘may be’ an enhanced risk of terror activity.

Napolitano is certainly right about that as she attempts to terrorize the U.S. Congress with maybe illusions of dire threats while highlighting the need to involve more local law enforcement officers into the War on Terror domestically and promote new campaigns that encourage citizens to spy on their fellow citizens in the name of Homeland Security.

While one extension of the Patriot Act was voted down by Congress yesterday, two similar bills in the Senate seek to extend it for another two years through one bill soon up for vote, and permanently through another.

Clearly the Police State wants to continue to grow and incorporate more areas of American Culture and Life into the culture of fear all Police States promote.

Emphasizing that the increased risk that ‘may’ exist, is American Citizens being recruited by Terrorist Organizations, in other words, the Government and the Police State need to proactively take measures to make sure no one can ever rebel against it.

Napolitano and those who think this is a ‘good’ or ‘safe’ path for the United States to go down as they argue to discard key provisions of the Constitution forever and ferment a culture of fear, really should face High Treason Charges and so should any lawmaker who votes for these insane policies.

Trading away your liberties and future on a maybe, sure never used to be what America is about.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+52 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

Fear is good.

Fear keeps you safe.

We keep you safe.

Be very afraid and paranoid at all times.

This is for your safety.

File into 2 lines at your grocery stores, shopping malls, hotels, and travel routes. One line is for your pat downs, the other is for your naked x-ray scan.

This is necessary for your safety. There are terrorists everywhere, around every corner. They are out to get you. We are here to protect you. So you must comply and cooperate with these measures. It is for your safety. We know what is best for you. View the high def TV screen and absorb the message, again and again.

Fear...Comply...Cooperate...Submit. It is for your safety. Thank you.

Insincerely,

Janet Napolitano, DHS, and TSA

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Her extension got shot down she needs to paint citizens as a threat to have any hope of passing the other two extensions. This is typical of her, I'm supprised she didn't say "right wing" or "teabaggers" then she would have been using all her typical buzz words.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I can't stand her, she makes me physically ill. God help us all if she should ever run for President, it's bad enough she has the power that she does now. She would be perfect for Josef Stalin's KGB.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is the new mantra my friend, Patriots suspect their neighbors of wanting to destroy their good life and spy on them! All phone conversations and emails should be monitored, I mean after all we don't know who these hundreds of millions of people living here are, or what they are up too. We should be afraid of them, because they are jealous they don't get patted down, groped, x-rayed and scanned in their own nations that don't have 600,000 laws that regulate every aspect of trade, commerce, and social existence and movement and behavoir like we have here in the United States.

Why many nations actually make the harmless vices that can get you years in prison here legal in their nations! Of course that makes people who live there jealous as they yearn for our 'greater' freedom to get fined or sent to jail for almost anything and everything.

We have to protect our system otherwise other nations will end up with the highest per capita prison population in the world, and when it comes to the USA we really are just about BEING NUMBER 1.

There was a day when someone like Napolitano attempting to sell the U.S. Congress on such criminal nonsense would have been dragged into the streets and tarred and feathered, but now days I am sure she is destined to pick up a host of national and international awards for being the courageous leader she is.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
I can't stand her, she makes me physically ill. God help us all if she should ever run for President, it's bad enough she has the power that she does now. She would be perfect for Josef Stalin's KGB.

Honestly the parallels between former Communist systems and the Nazi system are so numerous that it amazes me that so many Americans have tolerated these policies and gone along with them.

Sadly most of the people who do support it, support it in the name of the Muslim Boogie Man and are prone to religious manipulation themselves, making it all to easy for them to believe that members of other religions can be manipulated into doing almost anything.

Isn't it ironic that it's the Judean/Christian/Zionist types who are so fearful and offended by Islam that are actually the ones aiding the destruction of the American Way of Life and Dream and not the Islamists they are doing this in fear of?

I guess we are finding out the hard way just why the founders wanted Church and State seperate?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Her extension got shot down she needs to paint citizens as a threat to have any hope of passing the other two extensions. This is typical of her, I'm supprised she didn't say "right wing" or "teabaggers" then she would have been using all her typical buzz words.

Give it some time and she no doubt will be. Let's just cross our fingers that no more Congress People get attacked in the meantime.

There has been ever since the Health Bill Act a real effort to make lawmakers more and more fearful of the populace and cause yet another division in the fabric of our society for the Security Industrial Complex to exploit.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Honestly the parallels between former Communist systems and the Nazi system are so numerous that it amazes me that so many Americans have tolerated these policies and gone along with them.

Bread and circuses is very powerful system, also the analogy of the frog in the boiling water is so true.

Its amazing how it works, and like i said so many times all these americans will accept anythng now just to live a life, and the ptb know this. As long as its happening to someone else.

On topic, pure bull, no one wants to do anything to america in reality of doing something. America is a country monitoring all its people already and if anything happens its something they let happen like 911.
edit on 2/9/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Janet is right! There are terrorists everywhere and they are and will terrorize our nation. And she sees the biggest threat to our nation when she looks in the mirror! Her and the rest of her cronies are more of a threat to America than any terrorist attack. She makes me want to PUKE! I cant stand her...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

People need to educate themselves also, far too many eat up what the government and main stream media feed them. "Awakened" seems to be a popular term on ATS and thankfully that has happened to me so I know that there's hope if the truth can ultimately be found.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Psycho, fear mongering bitch.. pardon my french
but she and her "Department" are out of control.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yeah right Napolitano.

The US government orders the intercept jets to "Stand Down" on 9/11 so it takes over an HOUR for them to respond instead of seven minutes. The US president rather listen to little kids read about a pet goat than deal with an emergency. RIGHTTTTttttt we have such a problem with TERRORISM

Then there is the Patriot Act. It explicitly details the actions for the Canadian border but there is NOT ONE WORD about the Mexican border.

Then the US Congress and Obama vote "stimulus funds" but the border wall is never build as required by law.

On top of that in 2009 the government REDUCES the number of agents at the MEXICAN border by 384 and increases the number at the Canadian border. In addition the U.S. Border Patrol is alerting the Mexican government to the locations of civilian border patrol groups.

NOTE: Organizers of the volunteers have said the volunteers will notify the Border Patrol if they see border-crossers and will not confront the migrants directly. They also say they have reported thousands of crossings to the border patrol. Some of the groups use survalence by air.

There is the growing number of Islamic Converts in countries to our south not to mention the radical group La Raza, so the attitude of Napolitano and the US government makes no sense. Grant Amnesty to illegals, promote illegal immigration and target Americans for groping if they wish to travel.

Sorry Napolitano, your agenda is showing and it ain't about PROTECTING the USA!

www.islamawareness.net...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I have been collecting the feathers anyone have some tar????

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm still not afraid....sorry Janet.

Is there any way I can "Opt out"?
I want to live in danger.
I don't want to be safe.
I like living on the edge,not knowing if I'm going to make it back home alive when I go to.......THE MALL!!!!!!

While everyone else in this country has signed on the dotted line to waive their freedoms and Libery
I'd like to sign on the other dotted line waiving my right to safety and security.
Where is the form.

Why do these people all assume we want to be safe anyway?
Because they have done their jobs well.
They have all conviced the masses that death is to be avoided at ALL costs and

1.)NOTHING is worse than dying.
2.)Terrorists want you DEAD!
3.)WE can stop them from making you DEAD!
4.)But first, you need to allow us to____________!

Yes my friends it is really THAT simple. That is/was the formula to get people to hand over their freedoms.
Always has been, ALWAYS will be. Now don't we all feel silly?

The only terrorists that keep me in fear day and night are the ones in Washington.
Talk about "Homegrown Terrorism"

That's the only phrase that gives this whole campaign any legitimacy!!!!!!!

Edit to add:

Notice at NO TIME does ANYONE in office ask the very obvious question.......

"WHY DO OUR OWN CITIZENS HATE AMERICA SOOOO MUCH???????
edit on 9-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I guess if we're in that much danger then Napolitano isn't doing a very good job. It would be in the country's best interest if she would step down and make way for someone more effective.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Napolitano... that witch connected to the OKC bombing and Waco? Her? Saying that while they try to pass Patriot Act as law forever? While big protests are going on all around the world and they may start in the US due to the tyranny and economy going down the drain?

You can bet once the big protests start happening, they'll say they are terrorists.... especially when a bunch burn down a few banks who rob the country blind or try to go in the Federal Banks buildings to occupy the place, people will be called terrorists.

The real terrorists are the governments and the banks, who killed worldwide more people than anything ever did in the history of mankind.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Napolitano and those who think this is a ‘good’ or ‘safe’ path for the United States to go down as they argue to discard key provisions of the Constitution forever and ferment a culture of fear, really should face High Treason Charges and so should any lawmaker who votes for these insane policies.

I wonder how many politicians we would have left, if we actually decided that it was time for this madness to stop. Treason? There would be thousands of them plugging up the courts.

But the whole system is now so far gone, the one that we're more likely to see dead or behind bars will be the one, or two who have the balls to try and do something.

It reminds me of the Admiral Boorda incident of 1996. The way the story goes is that Boorda obtained evidence that Clinton had deliberately handed over critical classified info to the Chinese, and was therefore not just guilty of treason, but within the military mindset, he clearly was no longer in a position to legitimately serve as Commander-in-Chief. Boorda found 24 other admirals and generals who agreed with him, and they were going to arrest Clinton, sort of a coup d'etat, although it doesn't seem like he had any ambitions himself. Unfortunately for Boorda, his plan was discovered, and he was then found "suicided" in May of that year, before he could carry out the plan. Suspicious circumstances for sure, but who knows what else happened behind the scenes.

Hard to know if a particular thing happened, Boorda was more likely just the patsy, but "if" these criminals running the country are ever going to face justice, it might take something that severe, where the military (finally) takes a stand.

I'm not sure that "hope" lies with the proles, but it could still possibly lay with the US Navy.

JR

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They would no doubt turn against us, they have in the past. I'm not sure who is aware of The Bonus Army, if not read about them and how our government handled their protests and thanked them for their service in WW1.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I wonder how many politicians we would have left, if we actually decided that it was time for this madness to stop. Treason? There would be thousands of them plugging up the courts.

I am thinking of a number between 0 and 0 and will gladly give you three guesses to see if you can guess it!

The first two don't count!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join