It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Man that's nothing check this child out! LOL!!

@ 3:27

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My brother has "aspergers" I don't think its anything wrong he's just different like everyone is. I think people put a label on it because they find it hard to understand the way his mind works just like he might find it hard to understand how your average persons mind works. My mother doesn't fully understand him and she uses the aspergers label all the time as an excuse for not trying. I've had friends say my brother is crazy before even members of my family but I always stick up for him because the simple fact is they aren't making an effort to understand him and once you get to know him he is a fun caring good person. It isn't as black and white as people might think there is an autism spectrum and we are all on it just the majority of us are on the opposite side. Anyway enough about my life I think this kid has a lot of potential but people need to be careful how they treat him.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have to admit, I am very jealous!

He simply traded the lifestyle of other kids in his age (skateboarding, memorizing linkinpark's songs, etc..) with more time in his room playing with numbers.

This lead to him to surpass his generation and college kids and professors in understanding of mathematical theories, that's what we have learned to call " a genius ".

You want a kid like that? Train them to find math much more fun than skateboarding, encourage them to memorize the rules of integration and convince them that it's much more fun that memorizing linkinpark's new album.

You'll get the same result, guaranteed

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

Originally posted by MsOz2011
reply to post by MsOz2011

Assuming he is full time at college and not just part time subject accelerated he would most definately have nothing socially in common with his classmates. My daughter will be in the same position next year when she does university math and science part time. Although she is very mature and fits in very well with classmates up to 4 years older, at university they can be any age and this is my greatest concern.

This whole story is sensationalizing this boy to the extreme and that's my point. There are many children out there with these abilities only most are protected by their parents from the media not exploited by them!

Then you are assuming wrong. He is not there full time. He doesn't even have a scholarship. His mother gave an interview about how hard it was to get him accepted to attend classes at IUPIU. Like I said, he lives a normal life, but he is NOT like MANY kids out there. On the contrary. He is part of a minority. And I don't think they are sentionalising anything. They either report the news, or they don't. I rather they do it.

It's not like he's the next Justin Bieber! He's a kid with a special brain. It is a nice piece of news. A positive news, amidst all the chaos and infotainment we have in the news today.

As for his IQ of 170, this is the HIGHEST score, the top of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children. It can't go any higher. Which makes me think there are probably different IQ tests and we should be careful when comparing IQ scores. I mean, I score 152 in an internet IQ score, but I don't think that means anything. It just gives me bragging rights against my friends who scored less, I guess. =P

If anyone wanna read more info about this kid so they don't have to speculate, check the link below.
A more complete story of Jacob Barnet

edit on 25-3-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

My daughter also did the Wisc lV and took it to the very end - 99.9 percentile. Because of this it was impossible to reach an acurate IQ so the psychologist assessed her individual subtests scores to an IQ 182 Mensa. Wisc lV IQ ranges from 40 - 160 so the boy must have been converted over as well if he scored 170. Albert Einstein was beleived to be IQ 160 on this same scale but who really knows for sure.

Why would I be jealous when my child has a higher IQ 182 across the board and does 'outstanding' works of her own. Not to mention has no alignments, model looks and a compassionate personality. She will at least enjoy her childhood without pressures of being thrown in the spotlight. There are MANY other children out there with these abilities and more. I can't emphasize that enough. Also music and this level of giftedness go in hand and hand and my daughter can play any intrument by ear and write her own music.

IQ range: 130–144
Qualitative description: Moderately gifted
Incidence in the population: 1 child in 40 children to 1:1,000

IQ range: 145–159
Qualitative description: Highly gifted
Incidence in the population: 1:1,000 to 1: 10,000

IQ range: 160–179
Qualitative description: Exceptionally gifted
Incidence in the population: 1:10,000 to 1: 1 million

IQ range: 180+
Qualitative description: Profoundly gifted
Incidence in the population: Less than 1: 1 million

edit on Wed Apr 6 2011 by Jbird because: bb code

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It seems he can tap into the Akashic Records. This phenomena is happening more and more (ie, the "Brain Man-- watch the documentar from NOVA if you haven't aleady he describes seeing numbers as colors and blobs).

I can only see this trend growing as we approach the newest age of enlightenment. I hope that us "mere mortals" will be able to ascend to the same place!

It's actually my dream to someday experience this!

Anyone read "The Giver"..?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I've taught calculus, what this kid is doing is memorizing by rote axioms of Calculus as difficult to understand as the commutative or associative properties in Algebra. Simple as that. I'd like to see one ounce of him proving already known theorems QED with his own take or angle, there is no intelligence without creative or original thought, if this is your proof this child is intelligent I agree, he's intelligent enough to memorize what he reads, and I'm not surprised he could tutor others at this university as he is simply regurgitating what real Mathematicians have proved by their creative thought and is printed in the textbooks his autistic mind is memorizing. There is no confusion about relativity, hence one cannot "come up" with a better model of relativity, physicist and mathematicians have always worked on every model we have to evolve it. This kid is nothing more than a super freaky good memorizer until he does that first step of having an original thought. I know alot of you have never even taken a Calculus class so I'm just clearing the air on what this kid is.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

iq test how well ppl can write tests. theoretically everyone should get 100%

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
OMG I realized something as I was watching his Charlie Chaplin time travel "explanation" video - the mom... I've been around several of her type! These moms, when they realize their child is exceptional, can't help but go around and expose the kid to the world and become backstage moms. See the look on the kids eyes... it's like "Ok are we done mom?" He is led to believe that that's how his life should be and can't even think of complaining. That explanation video was forced, nothing insightful, and seems like it is not the child's doing. I cannot criticize the child on this, and fear that he burns out early.

There was a freshman kid in our high school, he was 10 when he entered I think, and this kid was supposedly phenomenal (even in this school for the gifted - as we were all supposed to be "exceptionally gifted" based on the admission exams, and the curriculum adjusted accordingly). But what I noticed was that the mom was always hovering around him, and I felt he was always under pressure from her, I can see the stress in his face. We got to chat with the mom during lunch and breaks - turns out the mom was delusional! She believes she and her son are heirs to some kind of wealth from a prominent wealthy family and would always try to prove it to us even if it was obvious we didn't care. Poor kid! I never heard of him after high school. These "geniuses" get ruined by their own parents. I wish kids never go through that kind of parenting.

I thought I was a genius myself, but as soon as I passed and entered that school, my ego was checked, as these guys were all brilliant, I never felt so average in my life! But it was a blessing I guess, as it was the most fun experience I've had, knowing for a fact that we simply crushed all other schools in competitions, and got in the best universities so easily. Inside it was severely competitive, but it was so much fun, we motivated ourselves.

But even in the company of geniuses (omg I should stop throwing that word around!), there are the so called the "cream of the cream of the crop". There was one kid, who wasn't even halfway into his freshman year in my high school, was so good he got plucked out by a university and was entered into an experimental program for his type. He grew up normal, as he was surrounded by fellow exceptional guys that support him.

I knew another supposed genius who tried to get in to my high school, but didn't pass. But the parents were parading him around as a genius. Man these parents should just stop. If the kid really is something, he will shine whether or not you do anything! The kid should have his own motivation, planted early by the parent. But not being pushed every step of the way!

I was lucky my folks didn't even care what I was doing in school, and ended up getting a free ride in my higher education. My parents were simply delighted they were receiving one mail after another from universities and institutions awarding me scholarships.

You guys might want to check out William James Sidis. See what happened to him... total burnout.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by delicatessen

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

Originally posted by Deran
Didn't he say it the other way around? I'm sure that's what he meant. But yes, 0/1 = 0. 1/0 = infinity.

Uhh, no, 0/1 or 1/0 is undefined, it is not a number, nor is it infinity.

first off 0/1=0 and 1/0= the result goes to infinity.

"undefined" means that there's no corresponding value for x.

a graph of a function which is 1/0 is undefined because there's NO LIMIT. the graph goes to infinity. there's no value for x.

if a function of certain x is 0/1 then it's defined for that x.
edit on 25-3-2011 by delicatessen because: (no reason given)

No, it is only infinity if it has a complex quotient, or is a limit, 1/0 by itself does not imply a limit. It is only infinity in certain cases, not all.

Edit: How does it "go to infinity" if it cannot converge on anything? Again, it can only converge on infinity via limits.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Jerry_Teps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
so in a 4 years we will never hear of his name again?
- TPTB hides him in a bunker somewhere to slave away at some nonsense projects.
-doesn't want to do anything with it (maybe just doesn't know any better)
-or like someone else said lives at home all his life and develops some crazy video game

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
He's smart and back in the day the rich people wanted smart people to increase their profits. Big money was thrown at them. The Games changed.

Windows Vista was the first software pushed into the world with the core purpose of gathering intelligence and coming back to daddy and putting it all together for intelligent desicions to be made. It's got more capability than the kid....plus it's free.....consumers fund it and the rich don't have to expend their funds to have it after initial development.

Smart people are no longer useful to those running the world today. They just need low to medium iq people for "yes men". If that kid's smart enough he'll find his place in the world...and who his enemy is.

Guess what? He won't be that smart.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Pervius because: True Dat

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Einstein never took an IQ test, however its been estimated to be between 160-180....the higher estimate would be more than this kids. Of course the "estimate" was just that...an estimate based on nothing more than an educated guess. The fact that this article starts off conclusively stating that this child has an IQ higher than Einstein's shows that whoever wrote this article did little to no research verifying anything within it. Therefore I have some serious doubts about anything stated within it. All it took for me to discover Einstein never took an IQ was to type "Einstein's IQ" into Google. If the writer of this piece couldn't even go to that much trouble.....well.....yeah, the story sort of loses any credibility it may have had.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

He is right it was obvious that it would become 1/2 E to the X x 2 + C

But thats only obvious to people who know this stuff lol. His obliviousness to the general understanding of people compared to his own is entertaining. It just shows he is still only a kid. But that statement is not to take away anything from his genius by any means what so ever.

Its merely a simple (simple by this 12 year olds standards) equation drawn out to simplify the math for noobs that might be interested.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The Rothschilds will have him on the payroll by age 15. The Rockefellers may try to bid higher, that is if the Russian mafia doesn't get to him first.

Okay it goes like this.

The United States Government is supposedly 20 years ahead of its citizens correct?

The United States announced the completion of the initial mapping of the human genome in 1999.

My point is that if they announced the completion in 1999 then the actual completion occurred in 1979.

This would mean that they have had plenty of time to create genetically modified ummmmm what would you call them humans? Yes they would I suppose still be human but I guess thats up for a supreme court debate right?

Anyways these genetically modified humans would be kept as lab rats for us to teach and then then use for human computers once they inevitably surpass our intelligence.

This isn't as so far fetched as you might think don't be so shallow if you think not. It only makes sense to do this for the good of the nation. If I was in control I would do this as soon as I had the resources to do so.

Point is, this kid is a naturally occurring genius and as such he is of no interest to the deeper United States Government with regards to that of the Government using him to answer questions that they are having trouble with.

They already have a better bunch, why ask that 12 year old?

But.... I will bet everything I own that the U.S. Government makes suer that this 12 year old and the rest of our uber geniuses don't get kidnapped.

Good thread, I can't wait to see what this kid will do for his people!

-Alien

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Einstein never took an IQ test.........

Didn't Einstein work as a clerk at the US Patent Office? Reading over all the stuff people submitted? I think Einstein was a good businessman using other people for himself, not a genious.

Einstein wasn't no Nikoli Tesla. Tesla was a genious.

Einstein....profited off of his minions. Tesla didn't want to be his beoch and did more for man than anyone else in history.

Nathan Stubblefield wrapped some copper and steel around a coil and burried it (look on youtube for stubblefield coil). Figured out how to get free energy from the Earth, his coils were used to power the telegraph system across America. One of the smartest men America ever saw...but he died of STARVATION....because he wasn't a businessman. Einstein was a businessman.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Pervius because: einstein means $$$ not smarts

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Einstein wasn't no Nikoli Tesla.

So you're saying he was Nikoli Tesla?

Cool, who was/is "Nikoli Tesla" anyway?

-m0r

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Note that Richard Feynman's measured IQ was a mere 125. That won't even probably cut it for Mensa. Mensa being one of the high-IQ societies with the lowest cutoff at 98 percentile.

But check out Feynman's achievements. His measured IQ does not even reflect the quality of his real work.

And he's a well-rounded guy, definitely not a nerd.

I wonder if the kid being discussed in this thread will be able to make original and resounding contributions to humanity like what Feynman, with his 125 IQ, did.
edit on 3/26/2011 by laymanskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic
Note that Richard Feynman's measured IQ was a mere 125. That won't even probably cut it for Mensa. Mensa being one of the high-IQ societies with the lowest cutoffs at 98 percentile.

On second thought, not all IQ tests are created equal. It is possible that Feynman took a culture-saturated test, which I speculate was widespread back in the early days of psychometrics.

Oh well...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Trying not to reapeat anything that is already been said before... besides "wow!"

of course I don't understand a thing from what that kid is 'explaining' so I can only hope it is genuine... but in the second vid where he explains the event horizon from a blackhole, he does a little calculation there and then he says:
"one devided by zero is infinity"....
im not a genius but isnt "1:0=0"... ( or ="1"... which isnt correct either) or totaly meaningless ? How does he get infinity?

just something I keep pondering on.... lol
edit on 25/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

If ask you this:

What is the exact distance between 1 and 0?

Why cant you measure the distance from 1 to 0?

Why can you only measure the exact distance from 0 to 1?

Have you ever observed something that is 0?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This sounds really interesting, I can't wait to see what he is capable of.. if anything other than remember calculations or what ever.
=]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join