It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Meltdown Underway at Fukushima Reactor No.2 ? !!! Neutron Beam Observed !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
reply to post by fleabit

That same Dr. Josef Oehmen who has no qualifications in nuclear physics, who wrote nonsense that's already been proven incorrect?

There's always someone who'll speak up for the nuclear lobby.

I'd trust even the educated guesses and knowledge of a PHD from MIT over the rambling fear-laden gibbering from many members of this board. And many items are not guessing, it's pure fact. The facts people like to ignore, because it impedes their fear-mongering agenda.

I honestly don't know which is sadder. The attempts to blow events vastly out of proporation to generate fear, or the actual desire for something horrible to happen, as I know many members hope for.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

this is the scariest thing ever. radiation will reach hawaii within days. obviously if the technology is this fragile and catastrophic, monkeys shouldnt be playing with it.

all those spent rods, etc.. there IS NO WAY to get rid of them. none. our scientists, in their brilliance, decided we'd just store this toxic crap..f..o..r..e..v..e..r. they said to themselves, the technology of the future will solve this for us [did they mean AFTER economic collapse?]. thats like saying if i poop on my children's heads, one day they will be old enough to clean it up [if they dont die from disease].

i kindA HATE monkeys at this point.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
SOURCE: www.prisonplanet.com...

Can anyone verify that this was in fact seen after Chernobyl??? Fear mongering or distortion of the facts on the ground???

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Can anyone on here tell me how the tap water in Tokyo became contaminated? Where is the water coming into contact with radioactivity? In the ground before it is pumped and treated? During treatment or during delivery to the end user? I just dont understand how the water gets affected to where it is unsafe for infants, but the air, soil, etc are not affected.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmorebirdflu
why is the government and media clearly lying to us. everyone right letters to cnn cnbc fnc senate house mayor president and tell them we didn't vote for a bunch of liars. someone come clean before the government and media lose all credibility.

Welcome to the club, I haven't been here on planet earth much, in comparison to the trees or the rocks, but what I cant tell you is that the government and the media haven't got much credibility to begin with as they are only working for the companies that fund them.
We the masses dont mean much, to them even though we pay them to "work for us"

Now realize that this is a non mainstream site, and that there are some that report and connect the dots in a manner not biased by commercial benefits or political agendas (
)(sarcasm)
Things are getting worse and they wont tell you because they believe that when the illusion of control the government has, shatters, then nothing will stop us from overturning our masters and revolting as most of us are already fed up with the system but fighting alone because in the end nobody really cares.

Well, they will have to care this time, those massive amounts of radiation are unprecedented.
MArine life and cycles could very well break bringing down food chains worldwide, leading to more poverty and hunger, meaning mayor displacements of population looking for the food the inlander's will barely have.

Strange times indeed, but some facts can be gathered, they are covering up the real extent, because this was already bad rep for the power industry the media blocked, and downplayed with spin doctors the extent of the tragedy, we dont have to be nuclear surgeons to realize and see the big picture, things are very serious and will get worse before they get better, over in this part of the world, we will feel the effects in a few tears, but life will change as we know it.

Against mass media blackouts not much can be done, fact is most dont really care and would rather believe that everything is fine and that Big Brother has got all under control, but remember that is just an illusion, nobody is in control of anything, if that were so, no one would die in their birthdays, or get electrocuted in their bathtubs, or wouldn't die from falling debris from earthquakes.

We haven't got our lives bought, we haven't signed any contract stipulating that someone or somebody is out there looking after us, uncertainty is in fact a common driving force in this planet, fact is, we know nothing, yet we act as if we do, ignoring the signs until radiation comes knocking your door directly or indirectly.

So cheer up people, there is no tomorrow, there is no more time left to be the selfish bastards we sometimes are, its time to change and walk together, otherwise we have our time spent.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I thought this neutron stuff was only in movies.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think that either way we are all F*****, A reactor here or a conflict there, a Tsunami or sunspot or even choking on your next meal. Live life to your hearts content and prepare for any of the above.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about here. Look at reactor 3 in this latest video fly-over.

Admittedly, you can hardly see the remains of it through the dense black smoke, and we know that within that smoke are hundreds of exposed plutonium fuel rods, but that's all fine, it's all just going into the air or water and blowing/flowing away ...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I sincerely hope not. I mean that.

I realize what will happen will happen, but I wish I had a button I could press to stop it. For all I know this is being exaggerated - this is ATS after all. I hope this is much ado bout nuthin.

Normal life is already too much for a lot of people. This is just stacked on top of all the mess.
edit on 24-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

We could see a mushroom cloud all the way across the Pacific and they would say "this is natural and to be expected. No danger to people." We don't have reporters reporting the news anymore. They are just actors, laughting at everything, no matter how serious.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That's a bad translation. There aren't "beams" shooting out of the reactor...

They have detected a lot of neutrons, which means at least one core is exposed to the outside world... which is obvious anyway due to the cesium, iodine and strontium ion the environment.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Nothing to worry about here. Look at reactor 3 in this latest video fly-over.

Admittedly, you can hardly see the remains of it through the dense black smoke, and we know that within that smoke are hundreds of exposed plutonium fuel rods, but that's all fine, it's all just going into the air or water and blowing/flowing away ...

thats not the first time smoke has come and gone, and we have yet to receive any reliable information from any source regarding what is causing it. What you are doing is what fear mongers do best. Take a video which tells very little, and build a whole nightmare scenario around it, without considering the complexity of the situation. Then you slip in a statement like "it's all fine" to entise people to get their hearts pumping.

You see smoke, and slip in fuel rods, as if to say "omg they are melting".

We just do NOT know anything, and as long as that remains we should stop fearmongering from what can hardly be called SCRAPS of information.

This is a nuclear power plant, it's more complex then we can concieve. Smoke could be a variety of things, just don't use it to link it to armageddon every chance you get with ZERO reliable information.

I'm afraid we'll only know if it's as bad as fearmongers make it out to be when it happens in this particular case.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Once the Solar cycle flare hits Earth

The grids will go down, and the U.S (having the most reactors on earth), many being older reactors, may have problems keeping these things from overheating

If any generators fail to operate or run out of gas then it could be more like 100 nuclear reactors worlwide pop off

Then all the rich people go chill in there bunkers for like 4 years

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Israeli firm’s cameras recording Japanese nuclear core.....As the world continues to gaze with concern at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plant, hi-tech security cameras installed by an Israeli defense firm are recording events at the troubled core from an insider’s vantage point.

The Arava-based Magna BSP company, which specializes in producing and installing stereoscopic sensory and thermal imaging cameras, had been contracted to place cameras around one of the plant’s six cores – the core that has been experiencing explosions and overheating.

Is there anywhere in the world these leaches don't have camera's?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They say it can't blow up. Like who believes them. That would be one powerful explosion a nuclear disaster of the worst kind. The idiots that are there putting salt water on it from the ocean which only made the problem worse. The salt water destroyed the reactors.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You can't have ONE japan thread that includes EVERYTHING.

You need a better way to organize it, hence seperate threads.

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Originally posted by ballsdeep
Could someone please outline the implications of such an event?

This is already being discussed. Start reading here

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I have to admit I'm really torn over this Japan issue - it's a disaster, and a tragedy, and by careful observance we can draw some interesting conclusions about how the world works. I am puzzled (and troubled) by the reaction of both the news media, and of our own ATS people, considering how much information we are being presented with/ have access to.

The media seems to be carefully scripted and centrally distributed, at least in the US and UK. But then we all know that, and there's plenty of suggestion that the 'PTB' are in fact coordinating all of our media input on a daily basis (and are likely working to some form of millennial script in the process).

Anyway. Let's get on to the most immediately relevant and important bit (aside from offering prayers, and charitable assistance if possible) - the ATS reaction.

No matter whether you believe that the Japan issue is being distorted by governments/ media etc, or if you think they are mostly telling us the truth (or at least that part which we can handle), it's plain to see that on ATS there are some particularly poor reactions to the whole topic.

Why anyone would think it's okay to complain about having news of this disaster 'rammed' down our collective throat, absolutely baffles me. Why anyone should have to apologise to the person who rudely and abruptly tried to derail his/her thread baffles me. Why anyone would be chucking cartoons of pseudo-mythical beasties into the midst of a discussion regarding a disaster in which children of all ages are dying, baffles me.

Those are a couple of examples, but this little three page thread is full of such.

Where is the respect for the dead and dying? Where is the call to compassion, or the emphasis on how such tragic events can and should cause us to question our own fragile and delicately balanced lifestyles?

Where is the linking to substantive testimony from experts suitably qualified to comment? Where is the collaborative research into how and why such things should be a cause for concern, or indeed research into discovering whether such events can be resolved/ mitigated adequately/ referenced for future-proofing projects using our current levels of scientific and social competence?

Instead, pretty much all we have is:

a) fear mongering
b) disrespectful comments
c) pointless/ idiotic comments
d) lacklustre one-liners
e) a distinct lack of anything constructive

All of the above spawns fertile breeding ground for the old partisan disinfo - which loves to use this sort of behaviour (a - d) to promote the 'black and white, conservative or liberal' idea: 'You either believe all the government says or you're a paranoid nut'.

Kudos to the few who tried to offer a balanced and non-divisive/ offensive point of view, or who shared information in a constructive way.

I'm off to see if I can find a thread where real debate and information-sharing is taking place. Sorry OP, I think this thread has 'lost the plot' already. Good effort though, I believe your intentions were positive.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The title of this thread.....

Makes me think of this old song...

Doing the Neutron Dance

Great.... That song will be in my head until the next tragic event.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

This is not true. I am an operator at a nuclear power plant. I have been in this industry for 11 years. Although the conditions are not great, this is just not true. Here is a site that you can go and read accurate information:

www.nei.org...
If you have an intelligent question, send me a message, I will answer it when I get a chance.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
im not an expert on this stuff though im sure its not good but what causes a Neutron Beam from a nuclear facility?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join