It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Meltdown Underway at Fukushima Reactor No.2 ? !!! Neutron Beam Observed !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We are talking about a nuclear combination of fuels.... MOX.. a combination of Uranium and Plutonium.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Uhm... That's baaad mmKay, because as I read a few posts back on the other page mmKay... The MOX kind is the worst of the types of this to happen.... MmKay?
edit on 24-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: Just to add that the Southpark video at the top of this page totally inspired the tone of this post.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I feel the same way.
It's frustrating.
I have a friend who has a lot of friends in Japan she was saying "oh it's no big deal they aren't worried Americans are making it much more then it actually is" following it with a video turning it into a big joke. I later explained to her that there has been media block outs and lack of REAL information given to those who live there.
She didn't think it was so funny then.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
there is NO MOX fuel in reactor number two..................

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
why is the government and media clearly lieng to us. everyone right letters to cnn cnbc fnc senate house mayor president and tell them we didnt vote for a bunch of liars. someone come clean before the government and media lose all crediblity.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Again???
I thought these things started melting down last week or so.
You know they are looking to evacuate Japan as of last week.
And I read somewhere that cthulu was seen materializing from one of the reactors.
Please folks, when the thing blows up, lemme know.
Until then all else is misdirection imo.

(Edit)
Oh wait I see, i just looked below the video and saw, Intelhub.
More of "Scare em all Al's" propaganda.
edit on 24-3-2011 by g146541 because: Alex jones is a fearmongering gold selling schill.

Precisely. People on ATS need to be held accountable in some way for making threads like this. That is not a neutron beam, there is no proof of it anywhere. This is fear mongering. As someone with apparent knowledge has said " it looks like it's synchronizing".

Every goddam thread states a fact in the title, when the evidence provided does not prove that in one bit. "Full meltdown on the way" that certainly scares people, and adds to the unnecessary fear mongering no matter what you'll say to refute it.

Get a grip people. What I like least is the amount of people that automatcally reply without doing one bit of looking around. Messages like "oh I saw this coming", or "oh my god it's happening" are a testament that most of what is written here cannot be taken seriously, and does more harm than good both to one's sanity, but to one's desire to inform one's self.

This type of thing is getting tiring.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It annoys me that mainstream news outlets have seemingly dropped this story so quickly, especially here in Europe. Japan still faces tough months and possibly even years ahead and news channels here barely gave it a full week of coverage. I know Libya has taken the limelight somewhat, but Japan doesn't even get a mention now. How quickly we forget and move on.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
A Neutron beam could mean a melt down .. a combination of uranium and plutoniom ..

The neutron beam was observed on the 13th, 14th and 15th of this month. Nothing has been observed since then.

It's the 24th.

If a Full Meltdown is Underway - as your title says - I should be glowing in the dark by now.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I almost can't read through this garbage. Fear mongering delusional paranoids taking every global tragedy and turning it into a doomsday apocalypse scenario. It's unfounded and offensive to all the suffering people in Japan.

If any of you paid attention you'd realize the situation is being resolved, power is being restored, and minimal amounts of radiation have spilled into the atmosphere. MINIMAL.

Oh wait, I forgot they're lying. Never trust a government! Always lies! Right? Yeah, well, prove it. Youtube videos don't prove anything, and neither did this topic.

Do some more fear mongering, the world needs it. Please.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

I'm skeptical of this report for a couple of reasons one that means the reactor is still operating. Now according to there procedures the boron rods dropped the minute the earth quake started. This would stop the fission process and no neutrons would be created.And finally how are they detecting this beam In a lab you have to use a scintillation detector just to see it. If the reactor core was breached this beam wouldn't move or disapear provided it would create a beam in the first place which is also unlikely. How ever if against all the laws of physics it actually occured the reactor core then is breached and you have more to worry about then a beam. At that point you have a bomb and we should be seeing a mushroom cloud with a live reactor with a breach. .

You don't have to have an operating reactor to produce neutrons. Any melt-down will do it. There are 3 reactors and 4 fuel pools on that site which could be malfunctioning to that extent. (The other 3 reactors and fuel pools should be ok now.)
If a core is melting down and the containment structures are holed or cracked, you get a neutron beam outside the reactor.

A beam like this from a reactor is likely to be accompanied by pale blue Cherenkov Radiation, making it visible at night near the reactors. There's no proof the beam has come and gone. Only report which does not say the beams have been continuously monitored.

Yes, there is a shutdown process which was initiated when the quake hit. However there is never a guarantee that will work. TEPCO are known to have lied, faked safety inspection data and been lax about upkeep. The earthquake may have jolted things out of place so the boron rods did not insert properly. The MOX fuel, known to be in the Number 3 reactor and cooling pool is less stable than uranium fuel, and makes the reactor harder to shut down.

A meltdown does not necessarily produce a mushroom cloud. At Chernobyl the pressure built up over about 10 days until it finally breached the reactor, blowing its lid. If the reactor vessel is breached or sufficiently vented before the meltdown, the pressure inside does not build up, and their is no explosion. It's like a pressure cooker.

Of course this lets sorts of nasties escape into the environment, but the burning fuel rods from the spent fuel pools have already been doing that.

The laws of physics still stand, which is a pity, because what we need now is a miracle.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Fearmongering or not, this is a very important story that shouldn't be left up to YouTubers to vet. It is amazing that the debate has already shifted to a new war and Elizabeth Taylor for crying out loud. If the media is burying this story then its a good thing we have YouTubers willing to try to inform people, so that people can make choices. The Deepwater Horizon story was buried just like this one, and now people are getting really sick all around the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign
It annoys me that mainstream news outlets have seemingly dropped this story so quickly, especially here in Europe. Japan still faces tough months and possibly even years ahead and news channels here barely gave it a full week of coverage. I know Libya has taken the limelight somewhat, but Japan doesn't even get a mention now. How quickly we forget and move on.

kinda know what you feel.
i look at it two ways.
either;
1. not much has changed (from a ordinary persons viewpoint) and it's pretty boring to report/hear the same stuff over and over. so they've shifted focus.
or
2. it was causing quite a panic so somebody told the media to tone down the japan nuke stuff.
(i lean more to number 1)

either way i known what you mean, went from japan 24/7 to a small japan blurb once in a while. obviously Libya's important too, but i still want to hear a bit more about this subject that was crammed down my throat for a week straight.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ths corporate media coverage of this catastrophe in absolutely appalling. In some publications I'm seeing photos of the plant from a week ago, with no explanation that they do not represent the current situation.

The latest photos show that the cooling pond of Unit 3 has collapsed onto the reactor, but where is there mention of that in the corporate media??

I read an article yesterday that was attempting to assure me that plutonium isn't really as dangerous as most people think!!

As with 9/11, the complete centralization of media control has become obvious once again...there is no such thing as the 'free press'... opinion is being manipulated by some central control body that's not supposed to exist.

Reporters are reporting what they're told to say with complete disregard of the truth.

The nuclear lobby is so smug and powerful. They are really, REALLY scary

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

At least here in Germany this is still on the top of the news list. If you take for example 'N24' the latest news about Japan are constantly shown in the ticker and evytime there is something new they report about it. And the current state about the reactors are mentioned prior news about Libya.

I don't know what other European countries show on TV but here in Germany it's still top news.

Sometimes they even say that they don't believe what TEPCO officials have to say.
edit on 24-3-2011 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I authored a thread about NEW! WARNING! PROOF! Exclamation point, exclamation point, exclamation point...enough! At least if it requires it? Make sure! Enough of the fear-mongering....we're stressed as it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

OK, I read the THREE lines of text given by the O.P (excluding an extra line for the link) and watched the 2-3 second slidshow video and have to say ... what a waste of my time.. Speculation and assumptions is all I see here.. I'm done here.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Perhaps some of you who are stressing out should read the bit by Dr. Josef Oehmen of MIT, who explains why there is not going to be a widespread disaster in regards to this reactor. There is way too much fear-mongering, and not near enough sense when it comes to the facts here. And no, it won't just melt into the ground - there are several layers of containment, including a basin that would catch the material if there actually were a meltdown. Step with the dramatic threads full of !!!! and caps.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

That same Dr. Josef Oehmen who has no qualifications in nuclear physics, who wrote nonsense that's already been proven incorrect?

There's always someone who'll speak up for the nuclear lobby.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

That makes no sense. If there is a basin made of some special material that can catch and somehow negate the effects of a reactor in full meltdown, why don't they just make the containment vessel out of that material and call it a day?

Where's the BS Flag when ya need one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join