It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there any "direct" proof of alien life in the universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ok firstly I would like to state that I think life is common-place in the universe and that there is proof of our planet being visited by other lifeforms for their own benefit.

It is not OFFICIALLY accepted ofcourse, but the numerous UFO sightings and Alien Abduction cases, personally is proof for me.

So to the question I have asked, why isn't there any "direct" proof of alien life in the universe?

If there are type 1, type 2 and type 3 civilizations out there why can we not see direct evidence of them?

Let's take a look at the milky way and our position in it to highlight my first idea...

We are located on what is known as the orion arm, this is one of the outer arms and we are located towards the end and edge of the orion arm, so galactically speaking IMO our solar system is the equivilent of some "redneck" settlement that is in the middle of nowhere, so that's one idea... we simply are away from the main population centre's of the galaxy, hence there not being much activity within our locale.

Another idea is ofcourse that with us being a type 0 (bordering on type 1) that there is some galactic protocol in place where higher civilizations, type 1, 2 and 3 are forbidden to interfere with us, much like in startrek. That is not to say that some species do not come here and neferiously interact with us to further their own agenda, hence it being very secret and in the "dark".

Why haven't we "officially" detected any evidence for there being other life forms out there? Well there is the obvious assumption that we have and that evidence is being witheld from us, but also we are looking for planets which are similar to earth, well the thing about alien life is... well it's alien, lol, it WON'T be anything like us, so we may well be looking in totally the wrong places. Also, SETI are looking for radio signals, well this is just stupid in my opinion and is nothing short of a PR exercise for us, looking for radio signals? 1st that is basing an idea that there are civilizations out there that use radio, but that would also take a VERY long time to get here! It is more likely that advanced civilizations are using ADVANCED technologies to commuincate, so at this point ofcourse we aren't picking these up as we do not have the knowledge to do so! We could be amongst an inter-galactic internet/communications network and we wouldn't even know it!

Those are just a few simple idea's, assuming that the "official" line is correct, which I do not believe it is.

For the record, as I stated at the beggining, I do believe that we are being visited by aliens who have their own agenda, who may well be breaching a "galactic" treaty etc.

Please feel free to discuss all of your idea's why "direct" proof isn't being found and any idea's on what might be going on here.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Because everything in the universe is so mindblowing far away that it makes it nearly impossible to travel to nearby solar systems.
edit on 23-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Theres 'so' much life out there - I cant even listen to the main stream rabble - its a joke.

The universe hums and hisses with the spiral of creation and our ability to SEE all therein is vastly undersized.

As our ability to see grows, and the need for our explorations to be secret shrinks - we will be shown life outside our globe.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It is almost impossible to truely comprehend how big the universe is. Even if life is common, it is still spread out so far and so thin, it makes it extremly difficult to find.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i think you may have hit the nail on the head sir.

or maybe we are just deemed inferior. who knows. one day we will find out whenever our species matures.

also, for advanced space fairing civilizations (and this is for those of you who said the universe is to huge and would take to long to travel through) it wouldnt be much of a problem for them. stop thinking of things based on what we have.
edit on 23-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
lets go see if there are any sea monsters at the bottom of loch ness or at the bottom of marianas trench as well, oh wait we cant even get to the bottom of our oceans and lakes but you want proof from places that would mean travelling at the speed of like for years and years to find out if we are alone??

sorry did i read that correctly?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Fermi paradox. We can't detect them/technology mismatch.

or they simply don't exist.....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
We haven't found or figured out everything on our tiny little planet yet.

an infinite universe is gonna take a long time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Because everything in the universe is so mindblowing far away that it makes it nearly impossible to travel to nearby solar systems.
edit on 23-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

Yes and no,

Yes everything in our locale is far away, but get further to the galactic centre and you will find more and more stars there which are packed more densely, assuming that there are civilizations towards the galactic centre they would be among the most advanced there are, on the assumption that the stars are older there, the planets that orbit them attained life and that life survived in order to become advanced.

As for travelling, do you not think that a type 1 civilization, which we should hopefully become if we don't destroy ourselves in the next few hundred years, would be able to venture out beyond their solar system and travel to nearby stars? So, going along this logic, shouldn't a type 2 and 3 civizations be able to travel in ways that we cannot even begin to comprehend?

Currently, we see space and time as linear, point A to Point B, there are even theories out there of creating warp drives and also being able to travel into higher dimensions, therefore eliminating the linear point A to point B approach and these are just the methods we as a type 0 civilization as ourselves can conceive of, we may not be able to do these things but I am very sure more advanced beings could, and more...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

If life is out there, and it is much further developed then us, does that mean they are able to travel across the universe? Mabey they are, but I doubt it after fully understanding how large the universe is.
Even going the speed of light (which as far as we know is the fastest you can possibily go) It would take volunteers of "aliens" to spend thier entire life, and there childs entire life, ect, ect... spent on a space craft. I know i wouldn't want to do that, or put my family through that. But thats considering they have a lifespan close to ours.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area51NightStandx
reply to post by XelNaga

If life is out there, and it is much further developed then us, does that mean they are able to travel across the universe? Mabey they are, but I doubt it after fully understanding how large the universe is.
Even going the speed of light (which as far as we know is the fastest you can possibily go) It would take volunteers of "aliens" to spend thier entire life, and there childs entire life, ect, ect... spent on a space craft. I know i wouldn't want to do that, or put my family through that. But thats considering they have a lifespan close to ours.

Which is why in our local area in the galaxy, when we venture to the nearest stars we may only find civilizations which are type 1 or maybe type 2, they will be very different yes, but generally speaking in a similar "age" of deveopment.

We should ask ourselves, would more advanced civilizations EVEN bother acknowledging us? No... we are nothing more than parasites on our planet in comparison. Which would also answer the question why a lot of aliens in abduction cases seem to have a lack of empathy towards us.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think there is plenty of direct proof. When we look for alien life, we are looking for life similar to us. However, there is more than likely true alien life, which is completely different to us and staring us in the face every day. The stars are living entities, the entire universe is a living entity.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, to touch on the part where you say that an alien civilization "WON'T" look or be anything like us, I'm gonna quote a movie for you
Surely you've seen K-PAX, yes? Well, Prot is asked why he appears so human on the outside, his answer is this: "Why is a soap bubble round? Because it is the most energy efficient configuration. Similarly, on your planet I look like you, on K-PAX I look like a K-PAXian."

I know, it seems silly to quote a movie when discussing aliens, but, there is a lot of logic behind the statement. There is a very specific reason humans evolved the way they have. This isn't to say that evolution couldn't occur on other types of planet, just from our current knowledge, we already know there's a possibility that earth-like planets can sustain life, so it's only logical to search there first. There are simply too many planets for us to check them all.

As far as why we have no proof, I'm of the belief that earth has proof. Our best and brightest all believe ufology to be somewhat taboo, and definitely a career killer. Most scientists are afraid to bring forth any beliefs or evidence, because they'd immediately be seen as fringe or outright crazy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

They might not care about us in the slightest bit, but mabey it is the opposite. We are searching far and wide for alien life, and not just civilizations, but any forms of basic life/bacteria. Advanced civilizations compared to earthlings, is like earthlings compared to bacteria. If that makes any sense.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
the universe is so huge the possibility of intelligent life is a near certainty. i still wonder why we havent detected anything with our long range telescopes. looking out into the sky is like looking at a ghost town. the nearest intelligent civilization is just too far or doesent care about us? its eerie thinking how far away intelligent life might be.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why looking for alien evidences when earth is full of it

i advice you to watch the serie Ancient Aliens .. all the physical proof are there
from around the world

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And if advanced civilizations truely is common place in the universe, at least one of them has to be interested in meeting/contacting/interacting/sharing technologies with us.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
the universe is full of alien life,the problem is there is a cordon arround our solar system made by the bad guys so that other alien species cant get through to help and interact with us.

theyl be getting through soon thougg dont you worry about that.

there is also a giant cover up regarding the existence of alien life,any proof of it gets cleansed asap by the bad aliens.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

to cordon off our solar system, the barricade or whatever it is you are implying would have to be basically a huge spherical object. that would require more matter then what is actaully in our galaxy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but think about this with an open mind.

Our government could be the bad aliens/ controlled by bad aliens hence the negativity that comes from them such as covering up A LOT if not basically everything that is fed to us through the media. While there could be good aliens out there that know about this but it is hard for them to help/interact with us because of these bad aliens. I dunno if i believe that but I surely think it's possible. Anything is.

Some of the things I hear of the government doing honestly make me think if they are human or not because of how ridiculous they are. I don't know how one could be so negative and .... well.. evil?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join