It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there any "direct" proof of alien life in the universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

Isn't time supposed to go faster or slower in space?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

Isn't time supposed to go faster or slower in space?

Well it depends on a few factors, how fast you are going and if you are next to or away from a large mass...

But ofcourse as einstein said, the faster you go the more mass an object gains.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you study the issue, you will find plenty of evidence that the facts regarding such things are being actively suppressed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is so much evidence in plain sight it is ridiculous, BUT everyone has their own interpretations. The elder races of our planet all have many, many legends and tales about them. People who were not even on the same continents all have very similar accounts of these "Stargods". I think it is awfully short sighted and naive for anyone to believe we are the only thing in the universe and not to question where we came from?

Just what is a God anyway? Is it not a creator? I have a hard time chalking every account of these beings off to just imaginative stories from simpletons. These peoples' traditions, rituals, and belief systems are sacred.

Concrete proof is probably hidden in the Vatican, under the sphinx and pyramids, in the Ark of the Covenant,at numerous military installations, coded in sacred and holy texts, inside our minds somewhere but we have just been made to forget.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Why haven't we "officially" detected any evidence for there being other life forms out there? Well there is the obvious assumption that we have and that evidence is being witheld from us, but also we are looking for planets which are similar to earth, well the thing about alien life is... well it's alien, lol, it WON'T be anything like us, so we may well be looking in totally the wrong places.

This is a good point Resented but the thing you have to keep in mind is that the universe at one end was created under the same laws of physics as the other end of the universe, of course keep in mind we are talking within our dimension. So to say alien life will be so far off from our own that it wouldn't be anything like us is foolish. The alien life may not be human looking or may not even resemble us at all, they could be bird people or fish people or whatever you could imagine, but they still need to operate around the same laws that our own life does here on earth. Also the alien life forms will still need to be within this "goldilocks zone" that a lot of scientists are looking for.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I think youre completely right when you say that alien life will take on a form completely alien to us.

But perhaps we've lived with aliens for a long, long time.

I'm talking of course about my favorite fungus. Anyone who's taken some can convey the truly alien nature of the messages, sights and sounds when we take this alien into our body. Also spores can survive the cold, vaccum of space and still be viable. Just crash a meteor onto a planet and boom...you got boomers.

Through my studies I've come to the conclusion that its almost like an intergalactic telephone. Sometimes people just don't dial enough numbers (ie take heroic doses) in a dark room by yourself with eyes closed. This symbiotic relationship to the alien is hidden under our noses. Ancient people knew the alien nature of this being and respected it, communicated to it and some even worshipped it.

Anyways, an alien life form coming here in gigantic air ships and looking almost exactly like us is a bit too convenient. To me, its more like "the greys" and the like are a collective hallucination of our subconscious trying to understand how a bi-pedal technological speices can transcend its monkey nature and live in harmony. "The greys" are a collective subconscious manifestation of this global human desire to make good with ourselves and come to terms with technology that is killing us.

Thats my two cents

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Nice post, man.
I've got some experiences with the "intergalactic Iphone" so your comment picked my interest.
What "brand" of "phone" did you had? (you can answer by PM if you prefer, as rules about the subject are hard
)

About the OT: How do you know THERE IS NOT "proof" out there? We didn't even left the "block" of our home...
Maybe "Why haven't we found any proof..." would be a better title.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

the fungal one...you know what im talkin about. dried out, tastes like dirt and dogsh*t. Other substances havent had the same effect. Great effects, but not "I'm seriously talking to an alien" type experiences

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Oh ok.
That's the only way for us lowly worker grunts to "boldly go where no one has gone before"...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Everybody seems to be in agreement. Universe is soo full of Life...according to some scientist its teeming with life...others claim of intelligent life, obviously that won't be us, others, just plain microbes...
well looking at our very own humanly civilization's calculations the Universe is just about 13 to 15 billion yrs old.

well considering that we only started transmitting radio signals in the 20th century, our very own modern civilization doesnt even register as a micro-second in the grand scale of our evolutionary timeline....

so, what if we are the aliens we've been searching for as the direct proof?

what if our planet earth is our very own self-supporting space craft cutting through space and time. Programmed and continously self assesing our existense and survival? Cutting in and filling up whats needed?

what if our very own solar system is a fleet of some kind like a support system?

its just that it hasn't dawned on us , yet. then the big question, WHY???

And the possibility that we are not the only "fleet", floating around...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas

Everybody seems to be in agreement. Universe is soo full of Life...according to some scientist its teeming with life...others claim of intelligent life, obviously that won't be us, others, just plain microbes...
well looking at our very own humanly civilization's calculations the Universe is just about 13 to 15 billion yrs old.

well considering that we only started transmitting radio signals in the 20th century, our very own modern civilization doesnt even register as a micro-second in the grand scale of our evolutionary timeline....

so, what if we are the aliens we've been searching for as the direct proof?

what if our planet earth is our very own self-supporting space craft cutting through space and time. Programmed and continously self assesing our existense and survival? Cutting in and filling up whats needed?

what if our very own solar system is a fleet of some kind like a support system?

its just that it hasn't dawned on us , yet. then the big question, WHY???

And the possibility that we are not the only "fleet", floating around...

Nice post.

An interesting idea. And, in a symbolic way, a valid representation of our ss.
The challenge now, it seems, is to find out the implications when we put into relevance the fact that our sun is a pretty common one, AFAWK, and probably our planets are too, ones among many. (which doesn't diminish their value at all).
And so we are presented with several options, one of them is that Life is an intrinsic function of reality (my favourite) and so, every star system is a potential "life ship" as defined by your post. Every one "seeded" (try not to "personalize" that particular verb) with a particular proportion of elements that, with the passing of "time" (
) may evolve into a living star system...
(I am using a lot of "poetic licencies" here and english is not my first language so sorry if I made no sense at all
)

Drakus

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They hide because human beings are thier biggest threat.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Would a alien looking at Earth from 20 light-years out see any life here? More than likely not. But you say our radio signals would be picked up. From what I have read and heard about that is that 5 light-years is about as good as it gets for any signal from Earth to be heard. After that is get so mixed up in the background radio noise of the universe it is unreadable as a artificially generated signal and become just so much space noise. And now we are cutting those odds even more.
Is anyone out there?

And that is even if they were listening on the right frequencies to start with. This is one reason the SETI project shut down. The money ran out and seeing as we figured they would not be able to pick up our signals beyond about 5 light-years (if we even were on the right frequencies) they there was little chance we would be able to pick them up either so why spend any one money on it as we had done scanned everything within range.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If you want direct evidence just look in the mirror...you are life..you are an alien (to other species in the universe)

You are proof that intelligent life CAN exist in the universe.

edit on 24-6-2011 by WXBackdoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The direct proof of the life that exists throughout the univers, aka extra-dimensional beings, has been relegated to alien myths.

The beings do not need a spaceship to reach you. Only to decieve you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

If you want direct evidence just look in the mirror...you are life..you are an alien (to other species in the universe)

You are proof that intelligent life CAN exist in the universe.

Thats the best one yet, so to the point its dumbfounding.
All you have to do is look in the mirror for proof!

Originally posted by fixer1967
Would a alien looking at Earth from 20 light-years out see any life here? More than likely not. But you say our radio signals would be picked up. From what I have read and heard about that is that 5 light-years is about as good as it gets for any signal from Earth to be heard. After that is get so mixed up in the background radio noise of the universe it is unreadable as a artificially generated signal and become just so much space noise. And now we are cutting those odds even more.
Is anyone out there?

And that is even if they were listening on the right frequencies to start with. This is one reason the SETI project shut down. The money ran out and seeing as we figured they would not be able to pick up our signals beyond about 5 light-years (if we even were on the right frequencies) they there was little chance we would be able to pick them up either so why spend any one money on it as we had done scanned everything within range.

I think they would use some sort of quantum entanglement communications device. Talk about frequencies... would be unlimited. But if they are advanced enough, they would probably be able to interface with a device using telepathy. Right now people can control computers and machines with their minds by manipulating their brainwaves and training themselves. Its not to far fetched that they have mastered this and are using it except on a quantum level. A machine which allows them to manipulate atomic states. We are not even close to listening to them yet. I guess there would be some sort of crazy space aliens that just might have built a ship to travel distances... and over thousands of years and 100 generations perhaps get close to use, they might be just advanced as us. Seriously depends on the politics of the planet they come from, I mean if we had all of our ducks in a row, on this planet, we would be able to build a intergalactic ship capable of growing and feeding generations of humans... if we all came together as a race and focused. Now if we could do that in some sense then there must be some civilization out there that has, there are infinite possibilities of ways an intelligent species could have grown. So THAT would be possible. But listening for a truly intelligent species in the spectrum's we are scanning for ???? Are you telling me they are still using transistors and microchips on their ships ???? Come on... I guess I am just agreeing in part to the above post.

edit on 30-6-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I read that not even the President of the USA knows about the things that are going on. The military and scientists that are in space projects are the only ones. And these have diferent levels or categories of work, let´s say category 12 doesn´t know what the others are doing. All is Top Secret. They say that the people aren´t ready for such a truth. And I think they want it all for themselves. A must see video is that of John Lear on Project Camelot and another one in Coast to Coast.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There's no evidence for alien visitation because untrue statements, by definition, can't be evidenced.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Because everything in the universe is so mindblowing far away that it makes it nearly impossible to travel to nearby solar systems.
edit on 23-3-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

Impossible for us maybe

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yes the universe is massive and yes there are claims of extraterrestial anomalies...

but there is no hard evidence !! argh, the closest evidence we have is steven speilbergs E.T film.

i think the day aliens land in public, we will all find out at the same time, hell even CNN wont be able to hide that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join