It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there any "direct" proof of alien life in the universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Even if we are inferior to them we are not insignificant. A highly evolved civilzation will hold all life as precious and would therefore be very interested in us. I see so many posts that say they (aliens) would not be interested in us. We are crude, hostile, animalistic yada yada yada... First I dont see mankind that way. Yes we have violent tendencies but we are also capable of great compassion and love. We create music and poetry, we write books, we create great works of art. Mankind is certainly interesting to me. I've been a history buff, anthropolpgy buff my whole life. I think that we are located out in the boondocks and its possible that there is a location within our universe that just teams with life but is far far away from where we are. Anyway if I was zipping along in my AlphaCentury Marc IV cruiser I would certainly stop here. Our planet from space is just beautiful...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Conflagrated

Hmmm, well you are right that anything is possible. But looking at this through the eyes of the "bad aliens" why would i spend my time minipulating a "lesser civilization" when a species capable of all that must surly have the technology to do whatever they want to us through force.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
lets go see if there are any sea monsters at the bottom of loch ness or at the bottom of marianas trench as well, oh wait we cant even get to the bottom of our oceans and lakes but you want proof from places that would mean travelling at the speed of like for years and years to find out if we are alone??

sorry did i read that correctly?

It is a challange but we can get to the bottom of our oceans and lakes.

Right up until the 1930 it was thought that the deep ocean was too dark, too cold and under too much pressure to sustain life and yet we found life down there in the deep. We thought that all life required oxygen but we found life in the noxious gasses emitted from underwater volcanic vents. The Challenger Deep was reached in the 1930 's and that is the deepest part of the Marianas trench. 7 miles down !!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies so far

My personal opinion on this is, that we are in the "galactic" middle of nowhere and it is because of this reason that it is possible for a negative species to take advantage of us and to do what they like to further their agenda. Prehaps there are good aliens out there, who police the galaxy, but I tend to think that there is something going on here which would prevent them to intervene.

There is evidence, throughout our history that there has been an outside influence that has shaped our civilization, in their own image. Just read any of the major religious texts from this viewpoint and a lot of stuff becomes clear.

Prehaps our planet, solar system is merely a part of an empire, an outpost as it were.

If I was a negative alien, who has an empire, I know what I would do... I would keep the indigenous population in ignorance and do everything to control them, have them do all the work and take their resources in a covert manner.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area51NightStandx
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

They might not care about us in the slightest bit, but mabey it is the opposite. We are searching far and wide for alien life, and not just civilizations, but any forms of basic life/bacteria. Advanced civilizations compared to earthlings, is like earthlings compared to bacteria. If that makes any sense.

I say it does not make sense. We are not bacteria even compared to an advanced civilization. As far as matter is concerned, all matter within the universe from the tinest plank measure of a particle to the vast size of a gas giant planet, within all that matter we are very large. There are many things smaller than us but there are not a lot of things bigger than us. (people not the planet earth) Dont decry the value of human life within the great scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conflagrated
Call me crazy, but think about this with an open mind.

Our government could be the bad aliens/ controlled by bad aliens hence the negativity that comes from them such as covering up A LOT if not basically everything that is fed to us through the media. While there could be good aliens out there that know about this but it is hard for them to help/interact with us because of these bad aliens. I dunno if i believe that but I surely think it's possible. Anything is.

Some of the things I hear of the government doing honestly make me think if they are human or not because of how ridiculous they are. I don't know how one could be so negative and .... well.. evil?

You ain't crazy, The only way to make sense of things is to let our brains fall out of our heads.

Here's another thought of mine;

Do you know it in your heart that you are not capable of governing yourself among your fellow man?

It ain't Ghadaffi's (insert more 'subjects') fault I need gas and oil, but who's fault is it? It's my fault because I believe I need to be governed. And since they are doing this 'service' well- they need to be compensated. They have no stake in us.

The writing is on the wall, we know why we are obtaining all the worlds resources, because it sustains us. All of us, not just the suits that come in and tax us. That's the problem with equality, every single one of us are being exploited for our talents. Everything is backward.

I'll be picking my brain off the floor now...

link   
It's because of the Law of Free Will.

MOST, not all, are not allowed to interfere or intervene since it directly effects free will and the ability to choose for one's self.

If there is an advanced race that is beyond humans and capable of coming here, and they are benevolent, they would not interfere for fear of unknown consequences, or a paradox of sorts.

Would you give a 2 year old a simple button to launch a nuke? The chances of that child changing the world forever is there but there is NO WAY to know if he'll ever push the button.

The same thing goes for aliens visiting us. Just by presenting themselves, they could preemptively stop us from going on a search for life ourselves, which we would need to do in order to discover the obstacles of inter-space travel and overcome them. It is through a natural evolution of sorts that we would have to LEARN how to overcome and prevail. If we were just handed the knowledge and technology, there is NO WAY they could ever know the outcome.

You never know... someone might use the technology and knowledge to enslave humans for eons, using them for profit and power, never letting them discover their roots or where they came from....

Noooooo, that couldn't happen?!

~Namaste

link   

While the idea of finding life outside our world is an exciting concept with what seems an infinate amount of possibilities, so to is discovering our own worlds true history. Finding the truth to the universes mysteries must start with uncovering our own hidden past, could you imagine making contact with a foriegn species and after a few basic questions they realise we dont even know where we come from?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think we already have evidence.
US.

We are part of a galaxy spawning millions of stars like ours, in which the biological process rose. In a universe spawning millions of galaxies. And us.
Have you ever seen anything in "nature" that's "one of a kind"? That doesn't repeat?
Off course, every human is unique, but there are MANY unique humans...

We already have "philosophical" evidence. Scientific evidence just takes longer.

Or not.

Drakus.
PS: Cool subject!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

There probably is proof enough with the UFOs data alone.

But what makes you think you should be told?

For example, both pulsars and quasars when discovered were kept secret for months because they were assumed to be signals from alien civilizations. Now understand this: these signals were known to be light years away by conventional cosmology and current scientific thought, so far away as to never ever be a menace to Earth. These were rather typical scientist English for the pulsars, and Australian for the quasars, yet probably working according to the dictates of their respective governments..

For all we know those or other peculiar astronomical bodies and signals ae representative of ETs.

(It would be interesting to know what the heavily censored Wicapedia says about that aspect, if anything.)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Sorry, you are getting the wrong idea from what I said. I ment it as, we are looking for something as insignificant as bacteria, why wouldnt advanced civilizations be looking for us
edit on 03/17/2010 by Area51NightStandx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

There probably is proof enough with the UFOs data alone.

But what makes you think you should be told?

For example, both pulsars and quasars when discovered were kept secret for months because they were assumed to be signals from alien civilizations. Now understand this: these signals were known to be light years away by conventional cosmology and current scientific thought, so far away as to never ever be a menace to Earth. These were rather typical scientist English for the pulsars, and Australian for the quasars, yet probably working according to the dictates of their respective governments..

For all we know those or other peculiar astronomical bodies and signals ae representative of ETs.

(It would be interesting to know what the heavily censored Wicapedia says about that aspect, if anything.)

You are assuming that all that people who dedicate their lives to fulfill their curiosity and obsession with the unknown are not only retarded, but douchebags also.
Pulsars and Quasars are nothing, the only thing we have is the RADIATION arriving from an unknown process. That information is freely available and that radiation profile fits in our current model of cosmology as a particular object with such properties. That's all. No one DICTATES that quark stars exist. It's just the consensus. As it is the convention that "down" is the direction from where the major gravitational influence comes.

Drakus
edit on 23/3/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Why looking for alien evidences when earth is full of it

i advice you to watch the serie Ancient Aliens .. all the physical proof are there
from around the world

Well that's not exactly proof. That is conjecture only. Many times I can give a very human answer to their claims. I am a fan of the show. I just dont agree with everything they present and many things they say are "proof" I say baloney to.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeresHowItGoes
the universe is full of alien life,the problem is there is a cordon arround our solar system made by the bad guys so that other alien species cant get through to help and interact with us.

theyl be getting through soon thougg dont you worry about that.

there is also a giant cover up regarding the existence of alien life,any proof of it gets cleansed asap by the bad aliens.

Well thank you very much.
That was very enlightening.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We could be the geneticlly engineerd expieriment or weapon for all we know. Aliens have been here for a long time visiting us and maybe even living here for extended amounts of time. The major reason i think that our govenments have not exposed them is becuase of the mass religious histeria and panic. Imagine being a very religious perosn and one day finding out god does not exsist in the way you believed and practiced, or finding out you were an expieriment that was developed in a intergalactic test tube. Chaos could ensue and war could be a result of it. To many questions could be raised once they are exposed and some questions could be avoided to avoid such a event. This in turn could grant mistrust in our universal neighbors. This is really a very complicated situation, and if the world goverments have been hiding this for years how would the citizens take it? In the end I think the Aliens will reveal themselfs to us at the right time. I think we are getting close to disclosure bit by bit we are getting info to prepare us. We can already see the rise of UFO sightings latley they want us to see them now more than ever. Why? who knows, maybe 2012 is really going to happen and we as a civilization has failed to meet there expectations as a intergalacitc species. We would rather bicker,fight and greed over such pathetic things rather than progress as one and only as one can we use our knowlege and resources to ascend to the next step. We could have been on a clock and now time has ran out and where are we...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What is really weird about this is that there is supposedly going to be? an ET Ambassador appointed at the UN...or what?

Clicky!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Ben81
Why looking for alien evidences when earth is full of it

i advice you to watch the serie Ancient Aliens .. all the physical proof are there
from around the world

Well that's not exactly proof. That is conjecture only. Many times I can give a very human answer to their claims. I am a fan of the show. I just dont agree with everything they present and many things they say are "proof" I say baloney to.

Yes true, but it doesn't take a genius to connect up all the dots to see a bigger picture emerge.

There are so many oddities in earth's history, either... the ancients where far more advanced than we generally give them credit for or there was an outside influence that imparted knowledge.

Here is an interesting point, in aincient egypt the greatest examples of pyramid architechture is the older one's and the newer one's such as the pyramid at saqqara are of substandard construction. Now if a civilization was to be building things, wouldn't the poorer examples be first and then the better one's come after? as they perfect their design? or! maybe someone else helped build the original pyraminds and then when they left we tried to build them ourselves, only in a poorer quality.

Which seems, logically, more realistic?

Sorry about vering slightly off topic there, but I wanted to make an interesting observation

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Mabey an advanced civilization has already met another planet of life forms, and now its just not worth the time or effort to meet anymore. Mabey they are content living thier lives and not bothering the lives of other species.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

they are content living thier lives and not bothering the lives of other species.

Maybe. But as conscious beings, exploration and discovery IS part of "living their lives". Curiosity, seems to me, it's an inherent part of rational consciouss living.
Having said that, there may be many circumstances that either force or inspire a race to "settle down". But they're still circumstancies.

Drks

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by karen61057

Sorry, you are getting the wrong idea from what I said. I ment it as, we are looking for something as insignificant as bacteria, why wouldnt advanced civilizations be looking for us
edit on 03/17/2010 by Area51NightStandx because: (no reason given)

Gotcha. Yes. If curosity is a common thought process and we see curosity in animals as well as man, then I would say that other "people" would be curious too. They would be exploreres like we are ,they would be students like we are, and if they could get here (can get here ???) they would be interested in us!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join